[NDR] insanity

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by metroag, Feb 14, 2011.

1. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Yep . . and I am a pretty big guy so I would likely turn around and fight even if something was chasing me after a mile. :D

2. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    You don't have to outrun the wolf/bear/gator/dragon you just have to outrun the guy next to you.

3. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    qft +1

4. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    funny! eddie robinson told me a few months ago that if i ever saw him running after his career was over, i needed to call the police... immediately...

5. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    High of 65 and low of 49 and it will pretty much be raining the whole time. This is going to be the mother of all mud runs.

6. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Good luck guys.

Is there any interest in doing a Tough Mudder, when it comes to Texas this year? It would be fun to run the obstacle with a bunch of Dynamo supporters.

7. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a few Dynamo supporters from Brickwall that are currently getting fit for it.

8. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Wade Barrett ran 100 miles in 18 hours and 17 minutes in absolutely horrible conditions, which was good for 12th place overall in a field that had some world class ultrarunners. I got to talk with him this morning for a few minutes about his training and how the race went for him. I always enjoy talking about running with Wade. My race did not go so well. I had to drop out after only 30 miles with severe weakness and urine the color of coca cola. Nice image, huh? What happened? I blame it on my Dynamo rain jacket.

If anyone is curious, I wrote a full race report on my running blog. http://texasdevin.blogspot.com/2012/02/rocky-raccoon-100-mile-trail-run-dnf.html

It sucks to wait another year, but at this point, I can't NOT go back :)

9. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Great effort and interesting read on your blog.

10. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple of EB heads reppin in that group too.

11. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Wow - what a race yesterday! Wade finishing 14th in the 100 miler and he looked great when I talked to him on the course. Volunteered for close to 13 hours straight and loved every minute of it.

Devin will be back next year to get that belt buckle!
    [​IMG]

Next February I will be joing him at Rocky to run the 50 miler. Looking forward to seeing you cross the line Devin. 3rd time is the charm!

12. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice.

13. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Congratulations Devin on your attempt.

14. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    damn-so do you think the jacket acted like an old school wrestling sweat suit and robbed you of all your fluids?

15. el nordissimo

el nordissimo Member

Jul 31, 2008
    "018"
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to hear about your myoglobin, Devin. You still have great big giant cojones. Better luck next year.

16. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
  17. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    thinking about it. It's only $25 and it goes towards Dynamo charities

18. HoustonArsenal

HoustonArsenal New Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Good call to move it to May 6th. It's a fun race and good to see so many Dynamo fans out for it. My son and I will both be there. Haven't signed up yet, though. It would be even cooler if they had it on opening day of the new stadium.

19. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    A group of friends and I are doing Tough Mudder Dallas March 31st. Never done one of these events. Will most likely kick my ass lol

20. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Good luck to you, and I hope it's fun.

21. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Not me dude. I have a 10K on the 12th and a 50 miler on the 19th. Don't you have the Woodlands Ironman in May? How is your training?

22. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know many of y'all run maratons. I just wanted to wish good luck to whom ever ends up running one in Dallas on the 9th of December. Good luck and represent Houston!

23. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm not sure who is running Dallas. Haven't heard anything through the grapevine. I know Hungryjack is running the Houston Marathon in Jan (Pacer again?). Don't know if Zola is. Think he has 10 Houston finishes. A couple of us are training for ultras in January and February at the moment.

If anyone is running this season, even if it's a 5K, let us know!

Hungryjack - I haven't seen Wade's name on the Rocky list. Any word from him?

24. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Yah I'm confirmed as a pacer again this year for Houston. More immediately, I have a 60k on 9/1 for the last of the Captain Karl series. Are you going to be there? Then I will be doing the Rocky Raccoon 50k in November and maybe some other stuff if I can find it online.

On 12/1 I have a 50-miler scheduled, but we all know I am going to have to miss it because I will be watching the Dynamo win the MLS cup that day :) Running Dallas would be fun and you know I would do it in my Dynamo jersey, not like anyone there would recognize it. I have heard Dallas White Rock is a nice marathon. Some day I will run it.

And as for Wade, I got to chat with him for a couple minutes at prepare warm ups a few weeks back and I told him Rocky Raccoon 100 miler was filling up. He wanted to run it again next year but he just wasn't sure if he would be able to. I was hoping to see him there.

25. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yeah, I'll be at Reveille Ranch for the 60K. I signed up for all four 60Ks and DNFd two so far. Dropped at the 30K mark at Mule Shoe last month. I'm not doing the Rocky 50K. Wasn't impressed with the race setup. Rather run the Rocky course for free on my own. You get a paperweight at the finish and my shirt fit like a midriff. No real food at the finish either. Running the Palo Duro 50K in October and debating on the Wild Hare 50M in November to get ready for Bandera and the big Rocky.