Injury thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    The Bulls with Jordan and Pippen, the most popular NBA team, were in a smaller setting? Now that's an interesting concept. :rolleyes:

2. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    Lol..its like some people need to nitpick something to whinge about.

"setting" meant the city and the media. Everyone knows that LA any NYC are "bigger" than any other american city.

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes but Chicago is not exactly a small city.

4. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    So? Wyoming isnt exactly a small state. It doesnt mean it as as much media presence or hubbub as NY. This was even more valid for chcago in the 90s. FFS people..........

footyfan1 repped this.
  5. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hitzfeld did the same thing at the end of his first Bayern tenure. I don't see anyone bad mouthing him in this thread.

I don't get the hatred for Pep. Is it because he has been an extremely successful coach, who has seen lots of praise heaped upon him? Is it because his Barca team is one of the best sides in the history of the sport, so people either love them, or hate them out of jealousy?

I can understand that Pep worshipers get on people's nerves, but for the most part the Bayern fans on these forums either like Pep, or are skeptical of Pep. The blind Pep worship hasn't been going on here, but it really seems like some of you hate him for whatever reason. Your desperate attempts to marginalize his achievements are quite laughable to be honest.

Bavarian Queen and Raumdeuter repped this.
  6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The "hatred" if you will is directed more towards the Pep worshippers who laud him to be the best coach in the world when he isn't. Let's compare him to Simeone shall we? Pep won 2 CL trophies but he had the privilege of working with the best player, the best midfield and piss load of money to help him achieve those trophies. Simeone has 1 each of EL, Super Cup and King's cup with a tiny fraction of the budget. The best player in his squad wouldn't even get into the Barca firt XI during the same period.

My point is this: Pep's a great coach but he isn't the best. The day he takes a team like Gladbach to Bundesliga glory I'll admit he is the best coach in the world. But he can't and he won't, not when he's making 17M at Bayern.

swit0539 repped this.
  7. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Your comments are getting more interesting the further you go along. I can't wait for the next one.

[​IMG]

8. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Essentially he is over rated, always has been. That is not to say that he is a very good coach, but the fawning over him is nauseas (and to be clear, my comment isn't directed at anyone on this forum)

bvbSlash repped this.
  9. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    It would be a waste as youve shown you cant read it....

10. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Bender out for 1 week. Reus out for 2. :mad:

11. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wonder if Klopp is still 'disgusted' about claims that BVB's playing stile might have something to do with those injuries...

No offense but BVB left the vicinities of 'bad luck' quite a while ago.

12. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think it also might be the incompetence of the guy who is in charge of physical preperation. We got a new one before 12/13 season and thats when the problems started and they just got bigger now.

13. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Isn't BVB co-trainer Buvac doing a lot of the pre-season fitness training?

14. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Our injury situation certainly warrants a complete review. That said, I don't have nearly enough data to place the majority of the cause on Klopp's playing style or anything else for that matter. I am not saying you are incorrect, just that for me personally I don't have enough information.

As "PolishDortmund" mentioned a switch in fitness trainer could be a factor. That's just one of many pieces of data needed to reach a reasonable conclusion. I would like BVB mgmt to issue a statement that they are doing a complete review of training, diet, playing style, rest etc to find out that cause or causes.

Vlad S., bvbSlash, chewz and 1 other person repped this.
  15. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I always thought he is in charge of tactical preparation.

16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thank you. If Buvac and Watzke aren't doing this we should be very concerned. This should be our no. 1 priority along with signing a striker.

17. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He is indeed the tactical brain of BVB but I read an article a while ago that Buvac's interval training runs during the summer camp are feared for their intensity among the players.

18. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If tje injurys are a result of high speed style of play etc then why hasnt it been a problem in the past? Bvb has played like this for some time now and we have generally been fine.
    There must be another explanation, like Bazi said, "bad luck" is wearing thin. The injury situation is beyond a joke now, its quite obscene. Managemts silence on the topic is also very annoying

19. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Must be the new fitness guy. His contract expires this summer though according to transfermarkt. :D

20. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is it really "Pep Hatred" or you just not being able to take anyone criticizing Pep?

I'll stick with my comments. You show me where I said something about him that wasn't true.

Just because you don't agree with what's being said doesn't make it any less truthful.

I didn't say Pep was a bad coach or can't coach. I said I think he's overrated by many because he's had two "super teams" and has never dealt with adversity.

Shit, I criticize my club's own coach far more than I do Pep.

But I also call both coaches as I see them. Klopp hasn't dealt with adversity as well as I would have liked to see him do it. Pep has never f#cking dealt with adversity yet. He bolted from Barca at the first sign of it.

As I said, any coach looks great when things are going well. The proof is in the pudding of all those who rushed to anoint Klopp a great coach when BVB's shit didn't stink. Quite a few of them are having second thoughts now. The guy doesn't do that much well.

As stated, we'll see what Pep does the first time "FC Hollywood" rears its ugly head. I will not be afraid to come here and say, "I was wrong" if Pep handles it well. But the short history of this guy's career says he'll bolt for the next "plum job."

But, as I say quite a bit, time will tell.

Really man. You take it this hard because others don't see Pep the same way you do?

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

AFAIK, Buvac is in charge of physical training. What I would love to know is if he's also the tactical guru, what the f#ck is it Klopp actually does?

Klopp is more than a "Team Chief." He always has been. If that's changed, I will be very surprised.

22. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Teaching Buvac's tactical plan to the players maybe?

23. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My comments were directed at bvbslash, which is why I quoted him. Not sure why you think I'm all worked up over any criticism from you about Pep. I may disagree with your opinion of his qualities as a coach, but that doesn't mean that I am upset about anything.

bvbslash posted a bunch of hyperbole an squidward-esque arguments which is why I responded the way that I did. Personally I thought that the discussion that you and I had a couple of pages back was well mannered and we just gave our opinions without getting angry or stupid about things.

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OK man. My apologies. I thought you were speaking generally. I miss too much these days.

25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What hyperbole did I post? When I judge a coach I take into account as many traits as I possibly can because a well-rounded coach has to be able to do 3 things extremely well: a) man-manage highly paid professional footballers who have too much money and ego and too little time. b) develop and implement tactics against each team and competition they participate in, and c) recognize and talent whether or not it's internal or external, developed or developing and incorporate it within the team. I have seen Pep fail miserably with the first one with his handling of Eto'o, Ibra, Toure, Pique. He did the second very well during his first few years. But Mourinho and de Matteo figured him out in 2012. With Bayern, his top challenge has come from City since Dortmund was decimated when he last faced them and he didn't excel. His approach in getting the defence to drill long balls to prevent Dortmund from pressing high up the pitch was somewhat impressive since someone like Wenger couldn't figure it out. He's had a hit of miss with the third one. He did very well with Leo, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Alves but his handing of Fabregas, Sanchez, Villa and Ibra were downright awful. His vision was to field a team with 10 midfielders! WTF!

One example that stands out the most in my mind is that of Mascherano. He's not a central defender. He will never be one. But he's the defensive equivalent of Groskreutz. He'll give 200% and do whatever more it takes to get into the first team.