Alert: Injuries thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Tio Nicci, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Usually though 6 months is the average recovery time. Though I'm sure he'll have the best doctors and therapist in the world

2. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And Falcao does know how to recover fast; his last injury had him recover a lot sooner, but he invested more time into getting fitness. This can happen in the same thing.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    On the bright side he has a cute daughter he can actually spend time with.

It's not so much the injury then knowing you are so close to the World Cup and have a decent shot at going far at the World Cup.

4. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's such a bummer to even talk about this

5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

let's say that with an outside chance it's 2 months earlier so that would mean 4 months before he jumps on a pitch, so somewhere about late May before he would even be allowed to play. Last day to submit your roster would be June 2nd, so it's possible but HIGHLY unlikely. I just don't see it. :(

6. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We got to still focus; we still have the players and James is doing amazing. He's already to be the major deciding factor (lone) if it's not shared between him and Falcao.

7. 8baller

8baller Member

May 1, 2007
    Even if Falcao recovers in 4 months for example, would he be a better choice than Jackson, Ramos, Bacca etc? The rest of the colombian strikers play at a very high level and even Falcao would have to be in perfect shape to compete with them. It has always taken a bit of time for Falcao to get in good shape and he would basically have to get in a good condition without playing any games.

The second thing is that Pekerman will now have to use new strikers and that will change the teams balance. I don't know if it would be wise to bring Falcao in the last minute. Maybe this speculation belongs in a different thread.

8. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao still deserves to be in the squad even if he doesn't play more than a match;

This guy has made a huge difference in Colombian football and heavily inspired the entire nation itself.

9. 8baller

8baller Member

May 1, 2007
    I dont know what to think about that. I cant imagine him sitting in the bench if he's not going to be used. I think we all know the importance of Falcao. He is one of the reasons Colombia is in the WC. Maybe Peks will let him play the final.

Froboy69 repped this.
  10. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That can work too; I just want Falcao to be part of the glory if we somehow win the world cup.

11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Praying for him.

12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    If Falcao can get fit enough to play 30 minutes a game he should get a spot, if he can't get match fit enough that he will be used in games then of course he shouldn't be brought. Hes an amazing player and an important one but we have some really good forwards and this is time to take the best team possible, and if Falcao can get back to fitness that he can be used off the bench at least then he should go if not someone else takes his spot because its not like we don't have a ton of good forwards.

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If Falcao can play the final then he gets a spot. People are ok with Grandpa Mondragon going and never playing and Yepes and Perea even if they are on the bench why not Falcao?

We need him for the 1/4, semi and the final of the WC. Can't beat Brazil, Spain , Argentina without him.

Group stage doesn't matter many teams bring players who can't play group stage anyway.

14. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    granpda mondagron still is good idk about Perea ..guy is ********ing raptor with a slow mind..

15. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hoping these "friendlies we can test out balanta or Zapata pairing with yepes."

My concern is Zúñiga, Arias is still green for me. He was great against Belgium and Netherlands, and is definitely better than medina. But Zúñiga has that ability that arias still learning.

16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    They ARE ALL green once the world cup hits. That's why team chemistry is so important. Also, you have to figure out of 32 teams, you have maybe 4-5 ALL STAR teams that would make anyone shake. It's great that we have a good balanced group that has a share of stars but not a top WC contender. That makes for an even playing field as they will be as nervous and green as we are!

17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Arias may not be perfect, but he doesn't seem green to me. He plays with confidence and plays like he belongs out there regardless of who's on the field.

pepinointer repped this.
  18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

EXACTLY. :cool:

19. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think you guys missing my point

Zúñiga is a much better player period

20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How is Zuniga recovering so far? He simply gaining fitness correct?

21. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    colombianballa91 repped this.
  22. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  23. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That would be the smart thing to do, and to be honest I think there's no way he's 100% by june. If he gets lucky maybe 90% but coming back from an acl injury and being yourself again takes a very long time.

24. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Owen Hargreaves, remember that guy?

25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao winning every single Champions league, Golden Boot, league title now till he retires or him helping us beat Brazil and get to semis then the final. I prefer he goes to the WC even at 80% he doesn't need to play but he still scare people shitless that he might play.

No WC show for Falcao just makes him Messi to me.He won't be able to play for my NT so I care 2 shits about him sorry. I want NT glory club glory for a colombian over winning with in a non colombian team