Iniesta Vs Fabregas

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by the one and only, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well what did you think I was talking, when I quoted:

2. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well that was more of an anecdote of the overall argument. I just threw that in there for sh*ts and giggles.:p

3. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    huh? did you ever have an ART class in college or univeristy? I guess not

4. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yeah I did. Overrated painter. Should be and for the most part is more known for his inventions and being a renaissance man, even Vermeer is better. Don't even get me started on Matisse now thats an artist!

5. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    I think I get what you meant by now (!) Leonardo was like a "Prost or Schumacher" in F1 while Matisse, Van Gogh were like Senna -

Or like Eric Clapton in guitra while Van Gogh was like Jimmi Hendrix no?

6. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ok, why is Iniesta better player then? Here you admit that he is, but otherwise you argue by providing statistics that he isn't. I don't get you......

7. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    iniesta is dribbling way too much in this game

8. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Iniesta's dribbles are typically fruitless beyond keeping the possession. I think he is successful in turning around himself simply because defenders chose not to commit, they let him trap himself on the left corner knowing very well how impotent he is at crossing&shooting.

Nothing comes out of those dribbles except a harmless back pass, it would be much easier for him to pass it to Messi and get some action going but I feel like he searches for self validation... the tiny man's ego is just overblown at this point

9. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Valencia concurs.

10. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Spot on. This game was just completely overboard. Aimlessly dribbling when he could have made a simple pass to the same effect. Concur with you that it could be an ego thing or to prove his worth especially considering the acclaim messis been getting. Just pass the ball, man!!

11. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Of coursr goal.com gives him the best rating. Funny how I saw that coming from a mile away when he was doing his lateral dribbles in middfield running into traffic twirling around just to pass it back to pique. Goal.com gives the most innacurate ratings

12. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    You're spot on this ...
    However I woudl not say his dribbling is that "fruitless" , but rather he is not "as GOOD" or not "as DECISIVE" as some might fantasize him to be one

13. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    Iniesta doesn't seem to be a player with an ego though

14. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yeah but he does have something to prove, hes been in the running for the ballon d'or maybe he wants the recognition that messi gets, this is all just stupid speculation anyhow. One thing thats for sure is that he dribbled entirely too much in the last couple of games to no effect.

15. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    It maynot be a bad "speculation" especially he was (or he thought he was) so CLOSE to win ballondor last season !!!

Like it or not, scoring more goals (or assists) in important games are all that count - after he built up his case. Like Zidane had built up his case since 95 to 97 at Juve, but he was become well recognized for his WC98, and then Euro2000 ... Or Iniesta gotta be extremely "DECISIVE" to win big (like Kaka in UCL07 after he built up his case since 04-06 at Milan) then he would be well recognized.

16. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Look what I found......

I know it's only Getafe, but still......poetry in motion. I love watching Iniesta play.

Lucas... repped this.
  17. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    ^^iniesta's best career game ? lol still not impressed at all

18. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^^If Iniesta doesn't impress you as player overall, not just in this game vs Getafe, then you must have a weird taste......

19. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    sorry I have no taste for "flashy" touches and dribbles with no end product especially when most of the time they don't advance the play (back-passing, side crossing). He still fails in the last third of the pitch, he was dispossessed numerous times in this clip alone. He scored thanks to a Messi give-away but I will give him the first assist. Other than that his through balls were off and to the side forcing players to chase after them.

20. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    One thing Iniesta does well is not be flashy without being effective. Every one of his moves has a motive and it's productive if you analyze it.

21. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    This is a very harsh and not very truthful assessment of Iniesta's game though imo..

22. laudrup_10

laudrup_10 Member

Jun 6, 2011
    I do agree that Pekermans comments were a little too hard on Iniesta. Its true Iniesa pounced on Messi's rebound to score his second goal of La Liga but he had some fine touches and pin-point passes throughout the match be it Getafe.
    It's going to be interesting to see Iniesta take reigns ofcourse with Messi now that Xavi may be out of service for a while.

PDG1978 repped this.
  23. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    I'm guessing Fabregas will come down to the CM position, and they'll play with a front 3 of Messi/Pedro/Villa (or Alexis)

24. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Apparently you don't even have a clear understanding of Iniesta's plays and quality either. I guess only players with end product impress you then.....tell me, was Pippo Inzaghi you favorite player?

There is more to this game than just end product.......

25. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'd like that and I also think that it's best for Barca when any 2 of Villa/Pedro/Alexis play along side Messi up front. Iniesta + Xavi is proven winning and controlling combo in midfield and Cesc should be used to rotate with them or replace whenever either one gets injured, like Xavi is now. Against Getafe, Barca played with Iniesta and Thiago in midefield, and a trio of Messi, Villa and Alexis up front. The team's overall play looked much better than usual.

The only times Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas need to be on the field together are:

- last 20-30 minutes of games when the score is in Barca's favor
    -if Barca uses a 3-4-3 formation
    -if Messi needs a rest (Cesc would play the False 9 role)

I don't like it when Barca plays the 4-3-3 with Iniesta on the left and Cesc+Xavi in the middle. Everything becomes too congested and the team lacks penetration and cutting edge, especially in big games against strong opponents who have now figured out how to defend the tiki-taka. Barca looks too much like Spain NT in attack then......