Iniesta Vs Fabregas

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by the one and only, Jan 18, 2013.

1. laudrup_10

laudrup_10 Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Since it seems your are the one keeping this thread alive I might as well add my two cents. Now like you said both players had very good games but who didn't in a Spanish shirt? My point is that I just found out that Iniesta was MOM, seriously? Fabregas produces a beautiful pass and assist for Soldados winner, Cesc had an all round strong game but is subbed with a half hour to play. Now Iniesta was in great form and even had some moments of brilliance with his ball retention and dribbling, but so did Xavi and Busquets but Iniesta gets more of the spotlight for some reason. Whether it's his ability or just his dribbling and trickery/flair rather than his effectiveness, I wonder if fans are being duped.

2. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I for one get quite angry when he dribbles. He seems to dribble himself into corners

3. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    i think Iniesta was awarded MOM because he played the whole game while Cesc was taken out after 60mins (and you could tell he wasn't happy when leaving the pitch)

4. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    This definitely wasn't the case against Uruguay though

5. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    So far this season, Cesc seems to have started better but Iniesta seems to be slowly regaining his form.
    Also seems like with their new coach, there's definitely a competition between both of them for a starting spot since Xavi is looking untouchable (i think Iniesta should try the Xavi role more often).

Jaweirdo repped this.
  6. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Iniesta non-existent so far
    Martino should keep him on the bench where he belongs

7. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    lmao, you're very consistant with your "love" for Iniesta

8. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Well today game they played with Iniesta as "Xavi" along with Cecs and the team won formidable with Messi's hat trick

9. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    But Cesc played deeper than Iniesta though (basically the Xavi role,played differently offcourse).