Indonesia Football Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by tato_Top, Jul 14, 2012.

1. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    9 players already got their Indonesian citizenship:
    1. Christian Gonzales (from Uruguay)
    2. Greg Nwokolo (from Nigeria)
    3. Victor Igbonefo (from Nigeria)
    4. Diego Michels (Indo-Dutch, from Holland)
    5. Kim Jeffrey Kurniawan (Indo-German,from Germany)
    6. Ruben Wuarbanaran (Indo-Dutch, from Holland)
    7. Johnny Van Beukering (Indo-Dutch, from Holland)
    8. Stefano Lilipaly (Indo-Dutch, from Holland)
    9. Tonnie Cussel Lilipaly (Indo-Dutch, from Holland)

3 players are in process of getting their citizenship:
    1. Sergio Van Dijk (Indo-Dutch, from Holland)
    2. Joey Suk (Indo-Dutch, from Holland)
    3. Raphael Guillermo Maitimo (Indo-Dutch, from Holland)

2. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Woah that's a lot lucky u guys

3. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    New player for you tatotop

Ezra Walian :(17 y/o)
    half Indo - Netherlands ,play at Ajax amsterdam U18

4. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Actually there are a lot of players that has Indonesian blood around the world. Most of them are in Holland.

5. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Thanks bro. That player is truly a good player, hopefully he will play for Indonesia NT.

Another player that interested playing for the Garuda :
    NAVARONE FOOR (NEC) Half Indo-Half Dutch , he is the current member of Holland U-20

[​IMG]

here is the highlight of Navarone Foor :

6. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    A story from a former Indonesian GK

7. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Actually it's a little too much foreign based players to my likings. If they were full blooded Indonesians then it would be ok but they are only half. I don't think it's fair to the other countries to just let half indo mercenaries into ur team. I don't think they reflect Indonesia. Plus I know I guys don't lack in the population department. But it's Indonesia ff's choice. But I personally think fifa made it too easy, but I don't have a problem if they stayed Indonesia for like 8 years and know he language. Of it they are full blooded.

8. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Actually that was a programme from the previous Indonesia FA, they wanted to called up foreign born players and gave them an instant citizenship so they can play for the national team. This programme was a temporary program, right now whoever wants to be Indonesian should apply for it in a proper way and have to pass many regulations to become Indonesian.

A nyway these 3 players : Christian Gonzales (from Uruguay), Greg Nwokolo (from Nigeria), Victor Igbonefo (from Nigeria) had actually living in Indonesia for more than 7 years. While most the others Indo-Dutch from that list are actually was born and raised in Holland, but they do have knowledge about Indonesia, sometimes they even come to Indonesia for vacation.

Also from all of those list above only 2 players had caps for Indonesia NT, they are Christian Gonzales and Diego Michels. Kim jeffrey Kurniawan played in Indonesia U23. I don't think all of them in that list will play at once in a national team, that will be so awkward. Probably only 2-3 players will play in national team at the same time.

For me, it is okay if any half Indo footballer or foreign player that play in Indonesia wanted to be Indonesian as long they get their citizenship in a right way.

9. stellarboy

stellarboy Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Davao City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Comparable case to our Philippine team. The program of bringing players born from abroad has been only a recent development (since 2004 Tiger Cup). The players who were brought up to the team at that time are mostly players born with a European father and a Filipina mother, and were taught about the country and were brought up to the country's culture and values through their mothers, and some of them occasionally visits the Philippines for vacation.

Unlike Indonesia which uses the jus soli (right of soil) clause to determine citizenship, we enjoy the use of the jus sanguinis (right by blood) therefore it was easy for our players to gain citizenship through their Filipina mothers. Not to mention we currently do not have players with no blood relationship to the country (i.e. these players have to go through naturalization).

Seems like the current program of the PSSI to obtain players from abroad is working, but I see some obvious consequences. Favouritism, greed, and corruption play a role in the country to speed up the obtaining of citizenship of the players born and raised abroad. Hope it doesn't go this way.

tato_Top repped this.
  10. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Navarone's parents are both Indonesian, just like Walian's I think, but because they are both Dutch born it's pretty common that they will opt for Oranje instead.. Ezra is really highly rated so he will definitely play for Oranje one day.

Others you have missed will probably accept the invitation though considering they won't be in contention to be called up for Oranje. Latupeirissa from NEC is one and Dominggus Lim-Dian from Pec Zwolle is another.

tato_Top repped this.
  11. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Bambang answers Indonesia call

Bambang Pamungkas looks set to play for Indonesia at this month's AFF Suzuki Cup after finally turning up for training at the Gelora Bung Karno on Tuesday.
    By ESPNSTAR.com staff
    Bambang was one of 35 players named in coach Nil Maizar's preliminary list for the region's most-prestigious international tournament, but initially refrained from joining up with the squad as he is one of six men contracted to a club playing in the Indonesian Super League, the rival competition set up to challenge the 'official' Indonesian Premier League.
    The Indonesian Football Saviour Committee (KPSI), who are behind the ISL, have told all their clubs not to release their players to join up with Nil's squad, but Bambang has now gone against Persija Jakarta's orders.
    The 32-year-old, who was joined by Mitra Kukar defender Hamka Hamzah in acknowledging Nil's call-up, has since called for an end to the 'dualism' that is plaguing the progress of football in the country.
    "I came from my home to join the Indonesian national team training camp," he told the Jakarta Globe. "As a professional, I hope that the Indonesian football dualism ends here.
    "No more two 'national teams' and two [football] federations. I want to support the national team that is recognised by the AFF."
    Bambang did however defend the players plying their trade in the ISL that have decided against representing Indonesia at the Suzuki Cup due to the ongoing complications.
    "Personally, I appreciate all players who decide to join the national team but on the other hand, I wouldn't blame those who choose to stay [with their clubs].
    "It's not about their nationalism [but] about how they perceive these conflicts. Nobody but yourself knows how much you love your country."
    I Made Wirawan, Firman Utina, Ahmad Bustomi and Patrich Wanggai are the four ISL players that have yet to join up with the Indonesia squad.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/af...il/item882907/Bambang-answers-Indonesia-call/

tato_Top repped this.
  12. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Haha buddy I don't think u can predict if Ezra will play or holland one day. It's Freaken holland not Indonesia not philipines it's holland. U obviously don't know the level of difficulty. For example korea has 3 kids playing in barca academy. One kid was told to be a spitting image of eto and another kid a spit image of inesta. Lee seung woo and park seung ho(look them up in YouTube) but it does not mean they will be like eto and andres.

13. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    http://www.sports247.my/3354/view

Only 16 players attend Indonesia training camp
    IN the midst of the resignation of Todung Mulya Lubis as the head of the joint committee of the FA of Indonesia (PSSI) and the Indonesian Football Rescue Committee (KPSI) this week, the Indonesian national team’s preparation for the AFF Suzuki Cup has been hampered with the unavailability of players.
    The team under chief coach Nil Maizar has only 16 players out of the 35 registered with the Asean Football Federation (AFF) attending training at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium.
    Even though veteran striker Bambang Pamungkas – playing in the opposing Indonesia Super League – has turned up for training a few days ago, goalkeeper Syamsidar has decided to leave camp for his official signing with Mitra Kukar.
    Semen Padang – the Indonesia Premier League champions who have switched to ISL for the new seaon – have eight players listed but only Elie Aiboy has consistently attended training.
    Other than them, the national team are also waiting for the arrival of the four naturalised players – Jhonny van Beukering, Tonnie Cussell, Raphael Maitimo and Arthur Irawan.
    Among other notable absentees are Ahmad Bustomi, Patrich Wanggai and former national captain Firman Utina.
    The 16 players who are still in training are: Wahyu Tri Nugroho, Endra Prasetya, Diego Michiels, Fachruddin, Valentino Telaubun, Nopendi, Elie Aiboy, Taufiq, Oktovianus Maniani, Rasyid Bakri, Cornelius Gedy, Irfan Bachdim, Samsul Arif, M. Rahmat, Bambang Pamungkas, Andik Vermansyah.

Nov 2, 2012

14. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Holland trio is already depart from Holland , Arthur Irawan will be on the flight from Spain and expected to arrived tommorow

from Tonnie Cusell twitter:

[​IMG]

From Left to Right : Raphael Maitimo, Johnny Van Beukering, Tonnie Cusell

Anyway, Tonnie kind of reminds me of Kevin Sorbo lol

15. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Should be good additions tatotop along with Irawan. They just need time to gel.

16. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
  17. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Indonesia Announce Final List of 22 Players

[​IMG] November 20, 2012
    [​IMG]
    JAKARTA (20 Nov 2012) – Indonesia have announced the list of 22 players for the AFF Suzuki Cup 2012 which kicks off next week.
    Habil Marati, the Indonesian team manager said that naturalized player Raphael Maitimo has been left behind due to passport issues.
    “We will Raphael three days to sort out this issue with his passport as we have until Friday to name the final list of 22. Otherwise, we will go with the list of 22 players that we have named,” added Raphael.
    Indonesia are in Group B of the AFF Suzuki 2012 where they will be up against hosts Malaysia, Singapore and Laos.

INDONESIA NATIONAL TEAM for AFF SUZUKI CUP 2012

GOALKEEPERS: Endra Prasetya, Wahyu Tri Nugroho
    DEFENDERS: Nopendi, Wahyu Wijiastanto, Handi Ramdan, Fakhrudin, Valentino Telaubun, Novan Setia Sasongko, Arthur Irawan
    MIDFIELDERS: Elie Aiboy, Taufik, Andik Vermansyah, Vendri Mofu, Cornelis Gedi, Rasyid, Irfan Bachdim, Oktavianus Maniani, Tonnie Cussel
    STRIKERS: M Rahmad, Syamsul Arief, Bambang Pamungkas, Johny Van Beukering

http://www.aseanfootball.org/?p=10769

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hi, Guys.

Recently on an issue of World Soccer magazine I came across an article relating to the recent "chaos" present within Indonesian footy. Even after reading it, I was not very clear on exactly what happened: generally speaking I understand that there is apparently two different federations battling for control (right?).

Could someone enlighten and hopefully simplify what is going on?

Thanks in advance for any info.

19. stellarboy

stellarboy Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Davao City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Hello, MetroChile.

Since early 2011, Indonesia had troubles running their local and national football scene. Infighting between the top people in their national football federation, known locally as the PSSI, has tainted the reputation of local soccer there. Corruption, violence, and incompetence of football clubs, officials, players and fans have also been part of this situation.

So in around April that year, a breakaway federation was established, the Indonesia Football Rescue Committee, or the KPSI. It was set to manage the rebel league, the Liga Super Indonesia or the Indonesia Super League, make their own Indonesia national team, and preventing players to play for Fifa/PSSI-sanctioned leagues, tournaments and national teams.

FIFA has been warning the PSSI to settle their dispute over the rebel KPSI, or face hefty sanctions. They, together with the Asian Football Confederation, let the two feds sign a Memorandum of Agreement on June this year with the intention to run a single league and national team, and dissolve the KPSI by year's end. But to no avail. The same problems occured.

The last straw came when a Paraguayan footballer named Diego Mendieta died alone by an easily-treatable viral infection early this month. His club Persis Solo owed him four months salary amounting to $12,500, which they failed to pay. This caused widespread condemnation from the global football community including global player union FifPRO.

After such FIFA issued its final warning giving a deadline of December 10 to settle differences, which both federations did not comply. So a suspension is set to be announced today at the FIFA Executive Committee meeting in Tokyo.

Read this column by ESPN's John Duerden that sums up the events leading to this eventual ban to Indonesia: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1258450/duerden?cc=4716

MetroChile repped this.
  20. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Thanks for the info, sb.

So basically the "second" federation was tired of all the sh!t brought upon by the original federation, right?

Also, I was trying to research the Indonesian top flight but I don't know which one of the leagues that I came across in Wikipedia is the current "official" one?

Thanks again for all the info.

21. stellarboy

stellarboy Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Davao City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    The current official league run by the PSSI is the Indonesia Premier League. The rebel league run by the KPSI is the Indonesia Super League. Many of Indonesia's best national players are currently playing in the rebel league, which led to a lot of troubles in the national team.

The 10-0 loss to Bahrain in the World Cup qualifiers on February this year was especially embarassing to Indonesia as it was their largest loss ever in international football. The squad that played Bahrain were composed of inexperienced players from the IPL as the KPSI prevented ISL players to join the nationals.

Now that suspension is imminent for them, this could lead to a total meltdown to all things football in the country. Very painful should that happens.

22. stellarboy

stellarboy Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Davao City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Troubled Indonesia dodges FIFA sanctions
    14 December 2012 | last updated at 09:39PM

JAKARTA: Indonesia evaded sanctions from world football regulator FIFA Friday, the nation’s federation said, and was given an extension to resolve a row that has thrown Indonesian football into crisis.

FIFA had given the Indonesian Football Association (PSSI) a December 10 deadline to reconcile its differences with rival Indonesian Soccer Rescue Committee (KPSI) that runs a rebel league splitting the nation’s top teams.

“FIFA did not sanction Indonesia and we were asked to solve our problem as soon as possible,” PSSI head Djohar Arifin told AFP by telephone from Tokyo, after FIFA discussed the issue in a meeting.

The rival administrations failed to show unity despite signing a memorandum of understanding in June vowing to bring Indonesian football under one umbrella.

The nation’s top sports authorities were forced to establish a taskforce after the deadline passed ahead of the Tokyo meeting to begin mediation in the long-standing feud.

Arifin said he was informed of FIFA’s decision via email and was told the task to oversee Indonesia’s progress was handed to the Asian Football Confederation (AFC).

He said FIFA had not told him how long the extension would be, but that FIFA would evaluate Indonesia’s progress in an association committee meeting on February 14, adding that he hoped to resolve the crisis by FIFA’s executive committee meeting on March 20.

The decision has been met with mixed reactions in the 240-million-strong nation, where despite a poor performing national team, football attracts millions of fanatics.

“It’s very kind of FIFA to not give sanctions. Now let’s solve Indonesia’s football problem,” Ali Abu Negara tweeted in Indonesian.

Another Indonesian Twitter user Bheny Hermawan disagreed: “It’s better for Indonesia to get sanctions so we can start from zero, for a better football in the future.”

The PSSI has been in hot water with FIFA and the AFC in recent years over poor management, corruption allegations, leadership tussles and poor security at major matches.

The dual-league rivalry has also hit the national team after the KPSI told players from its unofficial top-tier Liga Super not to make themselves available.

At Southeast Asia’s ongoing Suzuki Cup, four-time finalists Indonesia bowed out in the group stages. (AFP)

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/troubled-indonesia-dodges-fifa-sanctions-1.186164

23. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
  24. Blastow

Blastow Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Today started Super League and has already played the first matches. Soccerway.com site says: "The dispute between the ISL and the PSSI, which lead to the creation of two competing championships last season, is now ressolved and the ISL is again the country's official top level competition".

Roon12 repped this.
  25. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    MetroChile repped this.