Indianapolis NASL subforum

Discussion in 'Forum Requests and Voting' started by NSmith22, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Yahhh Steve

Yahhh Steve Member

Feb 19, 2009
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give 'em a sub-forum.

aetraxx7 repped this.
  2. midwestfan

midwestfan Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'd support it.

3. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give us a sub forum! Thx! Go Brickers

4. midwestfan

midwestfan Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'm going to start the ball rolling on some discussion.

I like the choice of using IUPUI over the Butler bowl. I would much rather see a soccer game on a correctly marked pitch than have to look at the football lines. Something really distracting about that.
    Does anyone know are they planning on putting bleachers on the track on the north side of the stadium and at each goal line. The picture they have of the stadium would seem to indicate so but how will they be able to get away with that as the track and field season for the school is in the spring, correct? Will it boil down to logistics of putting up and tearing down the beachers? Not an easy task I would think. If they can get the crowd as close to the pitch it would make for a far better experience, but I understand the difficulty in doing that and personally am willing to wait for the new stadium.

I'm also going to start to move for an all grass pitch when the new stadium is built.

Please Peter, don't build a turf field!!!! It's fine for now and understandable under the current circumstances as the franchise looks for a permanent home. But nothing beats grass. There is no comparison. If IU and Purdue can manage it in this environment there's no reason a pro team can't.

Chesco United repped this.
  5. IndyEis

IndyEis New Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's do this!! Give us a forum.....please.

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well you have to think about alcohol sales also; maybe they go with the one that allows them to sell beer at games.

7. NSmith22

NSmith22 Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You raise a good question about the bleachers. Especially since Carroll got revived a few years back. IUPUI was planning on demolishing Carroll for parking purposes and once it got saved they got the ball rolling on mens and womens track teams. Clearly Carroll was chosen for location and the ability to sell alcohol. But the bleachers in the artwork clearly shows them on the track. So I'm curious to see whether or not they really will have bleachers on the ends.

8. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. midwestfan

midwestfan Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Are there actually plans or just the rendering on the front page. You can tell it's Carroll stadium because of the off center press box and bleacher configuration to the right side of the picture. If they can get the crowd that close that would be awesome. I can't see IUPUI being too happy about it though unless they're getting some good money for it. Maybe that's where the beer comes in?

10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you guys think the Parking situation will be ok at Carrol?

11. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe so. The stadium is attached to iupui. The school has over 20k commuter students. During the games on the weekends and at night there will be plenty spots available. The stadium is in walking distance(less than a mile) from our minor league baseball stadium, three museums, and the zoo. I'm sure arrangements will be made with all the lots in the area. Plus the walk is thru an urban state park. I think it would a great spot to build the sss.

12. NSmith22

NSmith22 Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most likely situation is them opening up certain lots for the games because the school library is open saturdays which would cause issues for students if fans were taking up spaces. However, there's tons of garages and parking lots especially around Carroll (Natatorium garage and huge lot directly across the street from the stadium) so I think like you said the school will work with the team on this.

13. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any news on the subforum? We really need a thread for the Brickyard Battalion (the supporters group) and team updates thread. Later on an analysis thread.

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still trying to prod the right ppl. In the mean time, feel free to start threads in the NASL Expansion forum. When the Indy subforum is created we will move them there.

15. NSmith22

NSmith22 Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any updates on the status of the forum?

16. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm less than 3 hours from Indy & will be going to some games so please consider my vote local! I take my family to Indy all the time - they have a great children's museum, one of the best I've ever taken my kids to anyways...

17. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Since we are giving Sacramento a try - we can try this one as well. Name?

18. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And yet nothing for VA. Sorry, but NASL should have a forum for each confirmed team and none for things like Baltimore that were never more than hinted at.

19. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It maybe should be, but it isn't. If you have enough folks who will use the forum, we can give it a try too. A supporters group that will use it helps a lot.

20. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    team doesn't have a name yet. just call the forum indianapolis for now.

Kayak repped this.
  21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like an Indy forum.

Thanks.

22. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indy is confirmed in the NASL. There should be a dedicated forum now.

23. Kayak

Kayak Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Columbus
    If your read upthread a bit your battle is won he was just waiting for someone to confirm the temporary name.

24. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Brickyard Brigade is the supporters group. I believe I read there are over 500 members. Over 1500 season ticket deposits, I think it will be pretty active.

25. Kayak

Kayak Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Columbus
    That was in reply to Virgina getting a forum not Indy and its done so it's a moot point.