Indiana Hoosiers 2012

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by BigRedFootie, Jul 29, 2012.

1. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i haven't seen enough of him to draw my own conclusions. i only saw him in limited action against akron, and he looked like he was in over his head... but so did the rest of our squad early on.

i wish i could get down for the ND match. little brother's high school schedule is cramping my ability to get to any IU games.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  2. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    1-0 loss to ND at home last night. i wasn't there, but i listened to a lot of the audio stream on wiux (which was painful). it sounded like ND fairly dominated the first half, but we played better in the second half. they scored off a corner. we had a few chances but couldn't finish them.

3. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah. Keep going to your brother's games. Those are more meaningful.

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    yep. sectionals are this week. it will be a miracle if we win it to move on to the regional so they're just about done.

one of the guys in the penn state thread posted this video. highlights of our 1-0 win over psu.

5. soccersubjectively

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad at least one school knows how to make highlight reels.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  6. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    iu were 4-1 winners over kentucky last night. wisconsin come to town saturday night.

7. Damon

Damon Member

Jul 1, 2001
    Evansville, IN, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EZ is on fire!

8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    were you at the game tonight damon? i was just following tweets during a high school game. 2-0 win over wisconsin. any thoughts?

9. Damon

Damon Member

Jul 1, 2001
    Evansville, IN, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was not there last night, again relegated to watching on Game Tracker. It seems that IU simply dominated. I am trying to plan a way to travel over to L'ville for Wednesday's game. If so, I will post a report.
    The team is playing so well right now, let's hope it continues. I do wish they could play Akron again . . . maybe in the tournament!

10. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  11. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while. UW - they are still reeling from the loss of their best player, but they played pretty well. We got on them early and Zav got one. We dominated for the next 15 or so, then UW started taking it to us. A few strong words might have been said at halftime and we came out looking much better. Zav got another and should have had his hat trick later on, but it was not to be (saving it for the B1G tourney?). The better, stronger team won last night.

This team is very interesting. They take care of business and have only played down to their competition for a few spells. Of course, they've lost to Akron and ND. Of the two teams, ND scares me more. They came to our house and just beat us. They should go deep into the tournament.

In prior play, we whupped up on UK and beat PSU with a solid game - nothing fancy, just taking care of business. There's a lot to be said for that. We have incredible depth. It has shown a little early in the season (Lax coming in for Bradford's RC sitout), but will likely become a factor later on.

Good mix of old and new, hopefully a good locker room, and now on to L'ville. Should be a good one.

BRF

soccersubjectively and stphnsn repped this.
  12. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    2-2 tie after overtime down in louisville tonight. kotlov scored the first, and zavaleta got the second. hopefully damon made it over for the match.

i will be heading down to bloomington for the butler match next tuesday.

13. Damon

Damon Member

Jul 1, 2001
    Evansville, IN, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to say that I didn't make it over to see this one. Again watched on Game Tracker. Would have been great to gain a road win, but I certainly don't see it as shameful to tie a very good team on the road.
    I do hope the crowd for the Butler game is huge and ready to get loud. I have several coaching friends from the Indy area (Butler folks) already talking smack, so I want a solid shutout victory!

14. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    I was there. I think that it was a fair result. IU came out dominating but, once we scored our goal (corner, AJ to Zav to Nikita), we laid back a little and UoL's very, very active midfield went to work and tied it up. Bradford then slipped or stepped on the ball and it allowed a UoL forward in on goal for a 2-1 lead. UoL also had a slip up in their box and we tied them up.

Later on, UoL's forward was given a second yellow (first for nearly taking Caleb's leg off) for a cynical push/trip of Doody when he was tracking down a ball. After that, UoL played for a tie. We had a number of chances but just couldn't put them away.

UoL is a strong team. They just beat St. John's and, of course, beat ND a couple of weeks ago. They are a top 20 team and IU should feel pretty good about their away performance.

BRF

15. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Easy victory over Butler last night. Two very, very nice goals. Both, by the way started on the wing and ended w/ either a nice header (Zav) or tap (Kotlov). Could've had a few more.

Lax getting more and more time in the middle. What a duo - Bushue & Lax!

Good luck vs. UM.

BRF

16. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i was kind of concerned with the way we shut it off after we got the second goal. the final 35 minutes or so was painful to watch. i would have rather seen us keep the foot on the gas. i guess we did play the final 30 or so with 3 subs out of the 5 midfielders. also, it seemed like konstanski kept letting himself get caught too high up the field, and butler was able to counter attack easily. maybe i'm just looking for things to nitpick.

on a side note, it was good to get to nick's for dinner and a beer before the game.

17. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  18. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    I was working in Sheboygan. Couldn't see the game, so I can't say. Sounds like they triple-teamed Zav and we were just flat.

OTOH, last night we dominated Evansville. We went up 2-0 on two nice goals and should have had more (what else is new?). After our second goal, the Aces bunkered for the most part and tried to counter.

Got to win out in the B1G so we get the bye. Go Hoosiers!

BRF

19. soccersubjectively

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goals here:

stphnsn repped this.
  20. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  21. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i finally had a chance to watch the video on the femi article i posted. he's got a really interesting background. it was great to hear him give coach willems a shout out. hank coached some of my teams when i was younger and really influenced me on and off the field as well.

22. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    IU vs MSU, 35 to go in 2nd: IU started well, but MSU stepped it up and is leading 2-0. We are playing horribly! Started w/ the midfield and has spread to the defense. Second to the ball everywhere.

Did I mention we don't seem to be able to control the ball? Bushue got hurt 1st half, hasn't been back.

23. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    3-0 MSU. I've never seen anything like it. It's as if we've given up once we give the ball away (and we've done it a lot). Still mostly second to the ball. This to a team that has lost 2 or 3 of its starters.

FINALLY, a goal. Zav squirts one in from the middle. Too little too late??

24. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Game over. We are out of contention for the reg season B1G title.

25. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    @iumenssoccer says if we beat northwestern and if m state loses or draws with michigan, we're champs. his (or her?) math works out.

also, what happened with bushue? i was just following via twitter. i hope it's nothing serious.