Indian football thread 2012/13

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by napolisoccer, Sep 2, 2012.

1. shayanAFG

shayanAFG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Interesting, many websites report it is on March 5.

2. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Not sure if Belal would play that game though? AFC Cup is picked already i think?

3. shayanAFG

shayanAFG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Feb 15 was the deadline to submit the list to AFC.

4. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  5. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those websites will probably change on the day of the real date.

6. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  7. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    [​IMG]

India's Final 23

The 23-member list is as follows:
    GOALKEEPERS: Subrata Paul (Prayag United), Sandip Nandy (Churchill Brothers), Karanjit Singh (Salgaocar SC).

DEFENDERS: Nirmal Chhetri, Syed Rahim Nabi (both from Mohun Bagan), Denzil Franco (Churchill Brothers), Gouramangi Singh (Prayag United), Rowilson Rodrigues (Dempo SC), Shouvik Ghosh (Pailan Arrows), Raju Gaikwad (East Bengal), Gurjinder Singh (Pune FC).

MIDFIELDERS: Lenny Rodrigues (Churchill Brothers), Lalkamal Bhowmick, CK Vineet (both from Prayag United), Arata Izumi (Pune FC), Mehtab Hossain (East Bengal), Francisco Fernandes (Salgaocar SC), Alwyn George (Pailan Arrows), Jewel Raja Shaikh (Mohun Bagan), Clifford Miranda (Dempo SC).

FORWARDS: Sunil Chhetri (Churchill Brothers) Robin Singh (East Bengal), Jeje Lalpekhlua (Pune FC).

http://the-aiff.com/pages/news/index.php?N_Id=3747

9. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
  10. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    India NT at Myanmar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Santosh Trophy Final: Kerala vs. Services

http://1tvlive.in/dd-sports/

Look at the crowd. Indian football can get crowds. And this is amateur football!!!

12. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Prospective I-League investors praise initiative

[​IMG]

NEW DELHI: All India Football Federation (AIFF) President Mr. Praful Patel presided over the first of its kind AIFF organised Open House Meeting for induction of two new I-League Clubs. He was extremely confident that a minimum of two corporate-backed clubs will help raise the standard of the I-League significantly.

“Take it from me; this initiative will help all existing clubs find partners. Clubs will fulfill the Club Licensing Criteria which is very essential for development infrastructure and youth development. Football is very popular in India. It’s just that we do not have a proper infrastructure and setup,” said Mr. Patel while addressing the 30 interested corporate parties present at the Football House on Tuesday (March 5,2013).

He further added: “For example, every English Premier League club has a ground, which they call their home ground. Here no club has that. In Kolkata four teams use the same ground. Now with two new clubs backed by corporate bodies coming up, these issues are expected be sorted out as they will be under the Club Licensing Criteria. All the other existing clubs will follow suit and in the process we can dream of a better League and perhaps one day compare with the best Leagues in the world.”

The bidding process will take place from March 30 till May 10 when the announcement of the successful bidders will be done.

AIFF General Secretary Mr. Kushal Das said: “The AIFF is doing this keeping in mind the development of football infrastructure and youth development. It is not a profit making exercise. That the clubs will meet the AFC Club Licensing Criteria which states that some portion of the budget should go to Grassroot Development and building Academies is actually a step forward towards development of infrastructure.”

Mr. Das also gave a brief overview of the structure and activities of the AIFF including the current focus in grassroot and youth Development.

I-League CEO Sunando Dhar, explaining the process of bidding and rules and regulations to be met, stressed on the fact that roadmap for the future is looking bright from the turnout.

“I see a full house inside the Conference room. Just goes to show that we are on the right direction. We want to touch new bases in our objective of a pan Indian I-League. So we are looking at investors investing in bases which don’t have I-League team but amount of interest in football is huge. For example Kerala. So we are restricting the two new clubs from setting up a base in Kolkata and Goa. It is just to create that pan India feel which is very important.” - ;

Abhijit Sarkar, Head- Corporate Communications of Sahara and one of the potential investors was all praise about the initiative. “This is an excellent initiative from AIFF. Football needed this to grow and I am glad that it is finally happening. There is market in India for the sport which is so popular here.”

Prakash Shah, Director of Mumbai Tigers (formerly known as Dodsal FC) added that the importance of infrastructure is paramount and the fact that it is being stressed here is heartening.

“Without Grassroots and proper infrastructure, football cannot develop. Look at top leagues across Europe. I totally agree with Mr. Patel that this can change the outlook of clubs in India. You need to be professional and invest judiciously.”

Among the major investors who attended the meet were Mr. Sajjan Jindal, Chairman of JSW and the ex-chairman of the I-League Committee, and Mr. Shirish Kulkarni, Director of DSK Shivajians. Representatives from GMR and Hero Motors were also present.

Praful Patel signed off by saying that a similar meeting will take place in Dubai by the end of this month to attract foreign investors from Gulf and Europe.

13. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Some Big Changes awaited for I-League 13-14

* 2-4 New Teams getting direct entry to I-League,they'll have to build their own stadium,training facilities and Academy in order to get entry.
    * Air India and ONGC to be out
    * Salary Cap
    * Number of teams could be increased anywhere between 16-18(16 minimum)
    * League to be played on Conference style divided into Western Conference(West,Central and South India) and Eastern Conference(East,North and North East India)

14. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with everything except for the first and last thing. 16 teams is nice but why allow 2 teams up only based on infrastructure... what about support from fans (potential), stadium, marketing etc. and obviously the Conference idea is horrible (and this is coming from a MLS fan who is used to Conferences). It adds nothing.

15. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What about the Mohun Bagan situation ?

16. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Bound to survive with the Air India and ONGC situation.

Just a pity that it is March now and we are starting to know what will happen for the next season - this should all of been settled before this season even started. You could argue at times that it's made up as it goes along and that the AIFF really do treat the fans with an utter lack of respect.

The excitement of the relegation battle and seeing Mohun Bagan really battle it out down there has gone.

MB don't need to do anything now but build for next season - I guess this is the plus point. Everyone who isn't challenging for the title now has from now until October to really get there act together and be competitive - i mean such as United Sikkam - they survive now, so i hope next year they don't get trounced again, cos they've got 7 months to prepare!!!

17. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I agree with this.

Don't understand the need for teams to build new stadium - jesus, they could get relegated quite quickly and have a stadium for nothing, lets start right from the very bottom first.

Not sure on Conferences. Are AIFF now saying it's too far to travel? Seems a cheap shot to get more teams in the top flight. In the future they might aswell have 32 top flight teams, do away with relegation altogether, do away with a feeder league, just pile them all up in conferences.

If AIFF really want this, might as well just play State Leagues, and send all winning teams to a knockout finals.

This really could kill off rivialries between east and west altogether.

18. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The two corporate clubs (the ones who are promising stadiums) are the ones who wont be relegated even if they end in the relegation zone. I can understand that but still, I dont want the AIFF to just allow a company to create a team in Bangalore and then next season only have 1,000 people per game just like HAL SC did for the 2 seasons they were in the I-League. We need to know if they can improve on that.

For a country like India we should be aiming to put teams in specific markets where football has support and we should be aiming to average a league wide 10,000 fans per game. Of course this is long time in the future stuff but I dont see a team in Bangalore doing this just yet. The domestic game is just not that popular down there.

As for conferences. I still dont see the logic. If the AIFF want a play-off then follow the A-League way and have the top few teams in a single table enter the play-offs with the winner of the regular season getting automatic qualification into Asia. Its not rocket science. And conferences would really take the fans out of their confort zone. They are already Eurosnobs (ones that wont except franchises, salary caps etc) why do more damage and add the conferences. Direct teams and salary caps we can get away with but conferences is to much.

19. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    At Kalyani stadium, it’s snake & football league

SEARING heat saw sparse turnout at the Kalyani Stadium for the I-League fixture between Mohun Bagan and Arrows on Sunday. But there were snakes aplenty at the ground.
    It was sheer luck that about a dozen snakes didn't cause panic during Bagan 3-2 win, but the venomous creatures roamed freely near the dressing rooms and on the field after the match.
    The ball boys, who were sitting outside the touchline, could have easily fallen prey.
    Interestingly, even after such a scary incident, the All India Football Federation (AIFF) is unlikely to ban the Kalyani Stadium as an I-League venue.
    "No, we haven't taken such a decision yet. But we have instructed the authorities to take proper safety measures," I-League CEO Sunanda Dhar told The Indian Express .
    The explanation given by the Kalyani Municipality chairman PK Sur was even more baffling.
    "It's a snake infested area and they were out because it was too hot. It is their area which we took over," he said.
    The players had no idea about the incident during the match but as they came to know about it later, they were scared. "It's a big issue. I for one would be afraid of playing there again," Bagan and India midfielder Rahim Nabi said.
    He urged the authorities to ensure that conditions are more humane for the country's premier football tournament.

druryfire repped this.
  20. shahram

shahram New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hi,

I am after the video(s) of the following football matches (for purchase), should you have any please email me or leave me a message for this post, thank you: tommyakbari@gmail.com

1974 Asian Youth U-19 Championship in Thailand:
    Apr 1974: Iran vs India (Final Match)

1976 Asian Youth U-19 Championship in Thailand:
    Apr 23rd, 1976: Iran vs India (Group Stage)

1977 Asian Youth U-19 Championship in Tehran:
    Apr 1977: Iran vs India (Quarterfinal)

1980 Moscow Olympic Games Qualifiers in Singapore:
    03-07-1980: Iran vs India

1982 Asian Olympic Games in New Delhi:
    11-21-1982: Japan vs Iran
    11-23-1982: South Korea vs Iran
    11-28-1982: Kuwait vs Iran

21. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    According to rumors the much hyped Arrows which was supposed to help build a strong NT for WC 2018 will close down from next season.Instead regular club will be replacing them.

22. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    So whats the word on Belal Areazou at Churchill, he has came off the bench mostly for Churchill..

23. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I have seen he has not been effective. He has certainly NOT been terrible, far from it, he makes very good runs down the line and uses his speed to good use but other than that he does not really cause much alarm to the defense.

Personally I feel it is the difference in climate from Norway that is messing him up but still I would like to see more.

So far Amiri leads the race for best Afghan in India.

24. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Amiri is climatised easily in India, the weather in Afghanistan to a certain extent is the same in India so a much easier transition... Coming from a cool Notway is not easy to climatise, but still, I have watched a few games and he shown some qualities.. lets see once his loan deal finishes, if there are any clubs in the race to sign him..

25. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    2012-13 Indian Football season Summary
    [​IMG]
    • I-League -
      Champions - Churchill Borthers
      2nd place - Pune FC
      3rd Place - East Bengal FC
      Relegated - Air India(13th pos) and United Sikkin(14th pos)
      Disqualified Teams - ONGC FC(For not complying with AFC Licensing criteria)

[​IMG]
    • 2nd Division -
      Champions - Rangdajied United
      2nd(Promotion) - Mohammedan Sporting

MetroChile repped this.