Indian Football Thread(11/12)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by ashindia, Sep 17, 2011.

1. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  2. fero

fero Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My Face When people say that MLS is a retirement league.

Anyway I am okey with this league, but they need maradona around to make even more noise.

3. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    This league is all about the Soccer crazy State West Bengal nothing for rest of India.

I-League is improving but at really slow pace and AIFF is set to increase I-league budget next season by Rs 2 crores( Roughly $ 377893)

4. Barcasox

Barcasox Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    really good to see this kind of investment, not sure if it will be long term though.

plus, that is a ridiculously short season, how are the domestic players going to get better?

5. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Stupid idea !!!!

6. fero

fero Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/soccer/01/16/indian.league.ap/index.html?sct=sc_t2_a8

7. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Did the I-League get booted from the AFC CL? I don't see any slots for them.

Will this new IPL get AFC CL slots? Or is it independent of the AFC?

Can't the Indian FA block renegade leagues from emerging? This can only cannibalize the I-League's audience.

8. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    AIFF has already given permission to this league.

9. Munegascu06

Munegascu06 Member

May 20, 2010
    Nice (France)
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Hello Ashindia,
    I don't have any answer about indian football federation about I'League's games.

Do you know someone in India who have access to I League ?

10. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    If your on facebook then I can give you many contacts which includes Club/AIFF officials.

11. zatopek

zatopek Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Lost in Webspace
    Holy Crap!
    Wtf is soccer?

I was very interested in indian football till now,
    this shit-league is only about investment and money-sports:rolleyes:

get the i-league done and everything would be okay.
    but what the hell do you want with an operette-league with retired old men...
    holly-bolly - shit!

12. Munegascu06

Munegascu06 Member

May 20, 2010
    Nice (France)
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Thank you ;) I just send you a PM

regards

13. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Champions_League#Current_Regulations

India does not meet the AFC CL regulations; they can only qualify to the AFC Cup. (Second tier tournament). They are like say Belize in Concacaf.

In the AFC very few countries meet the CL qualifications.

14. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    San Jose, CA / Zagreb, Croatia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    This new league is ridiculous. It won't have any good effect on Indian football. I don't see how crippled Cannavaro or Fowler can boost it.

15. Munegascu06

Munegascu06 Member

May 20, 2010
    Nice (France)
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Hi Ashindia, did you read my PM ?
    regards

16. redbullny2011

redbullny2011 New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yep. Its getting very hard to gain a spot into the Champions League now. Looks like the AFC wants only proper leagues in the AFC Champions League.

The AIFF need to do a lot this off season.

Also I give the PLS a season. Bad fields and amateurs will ruin it.

17. fero

fero Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    also look like they gonna use that awful word that start with "so" and en with "ccer", more info in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_Soccer

18. redbullny2011

redbullny2011 New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yep I created that article (click view history).

I mean the game is still called football there. Why Soccer? I would not be surprised if some Bengali's think that this soccer is a new sport

19. fero

fero Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    fuuuuuuuuuu can not quote the table like this must be quoted, anyway there is the link

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14/asia...eague-soccer-argentine-hernan-crespo-with-the

20. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    AIFF Confirms U-17 World Cup Bid

BANGALORE: Football in India has seen a positive surge in recent months - whether it was Lionel Messi and the La Albiceleste who played an international friendly in Kolkata or the Bayern Munich squad taking part in Bhaichung Bhutia's farewell match in New Delhi early this month. Now with the All India Football Federation (AIFF) deciding to bid for the 2017 U-17 World Cup, the future of the sport is set for a meteoric rise.

Confirming this decision, AIFF vice-president AR Khaleel told TOI that India will be 100% ready in terms of infrastructure and as a host, five years from now. "We have good stadiums in New Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune, Kochi and Kolkata. We also have the Sree Kanteerava Stadium and the Bangalore Football Stadium, the latter being one of India's finest. Five years from now, I am 100% sure we will be ready to host the event. It will be a big fillip for Indian football," Khaleel said.

AIFF general secretary Kushal Das said the bidding documents and hosting agreements have to be prepared and submitted to FIFA within a couple of months. "FIFA's executive committee will meet in Zurich on March 31 and we have to submit our bid in time. By the first week of April, we are sure to know if we have won the bid to host the event," Das told TOI.

Jamaica and Guatemala have also expressed interest as hosts but Das said he was confident India will secure the bid.

As far as Bangalore is concerned, Khaleel - who is also the Karnataka State Football Association (KSFA) president - assured the city will not be found wanting on the infrastructure front. "The artificial grass at the stadium is better than the one at Salt Lake (Kolkata). The work on the FIFA International Academy is 50% complete - only the interior work needs to be done and we are sure it would be ready by May or June this year. The three wings of the stadium will also be renovated in time, so I see no impending issues," he said.

The U-17 World Cup, which began in 1985, is a 24-team and 52-match tournament held every two years. The 2013 edition will be hosted by UAE while Chile has been granted the 2015 edition

21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Dubai training camp for Indian NT

Goalkeepers: Karanjit Singh (Salgaocar), Subhasish Roychowdhury (Dempo SC), Arindam Bhattacharya (Churchill Brothers), Gurpreet Singh Sandhu (Kingfisher East Bengal).

Defenders: Nirmal Chhetri, Raju Gaikwad (both Kingfisher East Bengal), Sameer Naik (Dempo SC), Gourmangi Singh (Churchill Brothers), Anwar Ali, Kinsukh Debnath, Syed Rahim Nabi (all McDowell Mohun Bagan), Arnab Mondal (Prayag United), Gurjinder Singh (Pune FC).

Midfielders: Adil Khan (Sporting Clube de Goa), Anthony Pereira, Clifford Miranda (both Dempo), Reisangmi Vashum (Kingfisher East Bengal), Baldeep Singh, Lester Fernandes (both Pune FC), Rocus Lamare, Francis Fernandes (both Salgaocar SC), Jewel Raja, Manish Mathani (McDowell Mohun Bagan), Lenny Rodrigues, Lalrindika Ralte (both Churchill Brothers).

Forwards: Sunil Chhetri (McDowell Mohun Bagan), Sushil Singh (Shillong Lajong FC – on loan), CS Sabeeth (Pailan Arrows), Manandeep Singh (Air India), Joaquim Abranches (Dempo SC).

http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/news/index.php?N_Id=2983

22. Barcasox

Barcasox Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where's subrata pal? Isn't he the best keeper?

23. vettefredje redded

Sep 12, 2011
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Indian soccer is really growing fast!

24. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Why's that? Because everyone is talking of this old timers 10 week league or because they are talking of tomorrows I.Leagie matches?

25. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    They have picked the goalkeepers of the best teams, which to myself sometimes aren't the best goalkeeprs. Pal plays for Pune who are mid table, probably more to do than the choosen keepers.