Indian Football Thread(11/12)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by ashindia, Sep 17, 2011.

1. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Do you have any source,I don't seem to find many in here.

Anyway Best of Luck to him,Mumbai FC have been struggling after starting the league on bright note, defense has been an concern and it will be good if Zohib(If I'm not wrong is a defender) can provide something. :)

2. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    That's the problem in India,Passion for Fooball and club football exists only in 5-6 cities.After JCT decided to disband there is not a single Football Club from North Indian Region. :(

What is more shocking is that India is one of few countries which doesn't have football club from Capital(Delhi). :eek:

3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtDnlKXUyTA&feature=player_embedded"]SAFF Championship 2011 - Promo - YouTube[/ame]

6. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now we to support all of the Delhi clubs because we have no representation and Delhi is a football hub. New Delhi Heros tried but failed.

Right now the two organized clubs in Delhi are Hindustan FC and Delhi United FC. I hope Delhi United FC makes it though as I am a supporter of clubs who represent there city.

7. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sorry but you asked to be pwned here...

1) Bagan: Ok I am fine with that.
    2) Bengal: Ok I am fine with that.
    3) Goa United: No such club exists and who would fund it + if you want the team to represent Goa then look at Sporting Clube de Goa.
    4) Mumbai FC: Fine
    5) New Delhi Heroes FC: Um... ya... they kinda folded a year ago fyi.
    6) Pune FC: Agree
    7) Bangalore FC: Who would fund them.
    8) Kerala United: Does not exists and no funding.

Also what about Royal Wahingdoh, United Sikkim, Delhi United FC, Salgaocar, Churchill, HAL Bangalore, Eagles FC. There are many teams you missed out on mate.

8. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. The only positive about moving to Kolkata was the amazing facilities in Pailan Headquarters.

If I was the AIFF though I would have stayed in New Delhi, renamed the club as New Delhi Young Boys FC and played at the Ambedkar Stadium. Problem of course is sponsorship and funding.

9. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NPL team auction held

The much awaited NPL auction was held Wednesday at the Jumping bean café in Dimapur.
    The NPL main aim was to bring all communities together under football and the response and representation has been tremendous.
    Life sports FC from Kohima was the first team to be officially inducted into the league on the basis of merit which was followed by bidding for the second slot wherein the highest bidder the Zynorique Society was inducted.

Life Sports FC, under the leadership and vision of Colo Mero and Life Ministries is a renowned team in the state while Zynorique is a society whose Leadership emphasis is all about working and developing the young people in the state. Zonipang FC, the winners of the MDFA Trophy was inducted based on merit to be the first team representing Mokokchung District while Sangpang FC, the highest bidder was awarded the second slot from Mokokchung.

Zonipang FC, a classic example of community backed sports development is under the aegis of Longkhum Village Council, Mokokchung and its ideologies can well reciprocate to other communities.

New boys Sangpang FC which could be a surprise package in the league is built from the backbone of young entrepreneurs trying to give back to the community through football.

The remaining slots were sold off to the districts of Peren, Wokha and Zunheboto, each district had only single registered representatives.

The teams that will represent these three district for the inaugural NPL season will be the high flying Flamingoz FC, a club with big ambitions representing the best of Peren football, the free flowing Doyang FC with the sole motive to strengthen Wokha football and to help develop the community through football.

The ever efficient FC Naga Tornadoes, a team that has been built on strong ambitions to solely work with the community youth through football.

The auction called out for the 8th slot remained unsold as there were no registered interested parties from Longleng, Mon, Tuensang, Phek and Kiphire. The management will announce the details on filling this slot after further speculations.

The two Dimapur slots as mentioned in our earlier reports will be filled after the conclusion of the upcoming Dimapur District Football League.

This is good news that our 3rd tier football league is already doing really well. I hope a Nagaland team makes the 2nd Division I-League and makes it.

10. vettefredje redded

Sep 12, 2011
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
  11. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    India - Zambia 0-5 (0-1)

12. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Saff Cup Afghanistan vs India coming soon. 2 days

India have been some high nations in preperation while Afghanistan have spent a week in UAE and some local club friendlies in preperation.

13. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVZtvpWrOH0"]India vs Afghanistan (Highlights) SAFF Championships 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

14. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    With the finishing of the SAFF Cup with India the eventual winners, I wonder if there were any Indian clubs scouting the games to sign some cheap players. I know Afghanistan surprised all to reach the final, and 1 of the players Islam Amiri plays for Mumbai, I wonder if any other players have been offered a contract or even a trial?

These sorts of cups are good for Asian coaches to scout some untapped talent,

15. shayanAFG

shayanAFG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    I heard from one of AFF officials that a number of Afghan national players have offers from outside. AFF is working on the arrangements.

16. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    that's very good. do you know more information about the clubs or players?

17. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    East Bengal FC who have released their Scottish forward Alllan Gow are interested in Bilal Arezou.

18. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    NEW DELHI: Indian football team will be travelling to England next month for a 10-day exposure tour.

According to sources, India will play couple of matches against EPL side Blackburn Rovers. For Indian coach Savio Medeira, the friendly against Bayern Munich on Tuesday already started India's journey to 2015 Asian Cup in Australia

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-England-in-February/articleshow/11454942.cms

19. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    not sure if he would leave Norway 2nd tier for the Indian League. There are other talented players in the Afghanistan team too, Sharityar the excellent brick wall in defence, Kohistani, Mashriqi, Qazizada (Ronaldinho lookalike)

I mean you have talent on your doorstep.
    Even other South Asian nations like Maldives Ashfaq impressed me

20. fero

fero Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-in-new-India-league/articleshow/11492957.cms

Cannavaro, Crespo star in new India league

maybe this need his own thread, something like "New Indian Stars League"

21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. fero

fero Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    It must be surely, the league lasts for 10 weeks and what Indian players are these teams going to have if they are already playing I.League.

A few questions about some of the players though, Robbie Fowler for example is coach of Thai team MTU and this league would be in action when he's meant to be coaching!!