Indian Football Thread(11/12)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by ashindia, Sep 17, 2011.

1. SAM80DEV

SAM80DEV New Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Adra, Kolkata
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Indian Football is Growing Fast...but still there is a tremendous gap. Its the mentality of the people that pushes Football aside..but nevertheless, it is growing rapidly.

2. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I-League Round-1 Results

Salgaocar SC 0-1 Dempo

East Bengal 0-1 Churchill

Pune FC 0-0 Shillong

HAL 0-1 Chirag Kerala

SC Goa 2-2 Prayag

Arrows 1-3 Bagan

Air India 1-4 Mumbai FC

Mumbai FC top of the table after first round

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Hello and welcome, hope you stay with us to debate the goings on in Indian football.

How do you see the season going?

4. SAM80DEV

SAM80DEV New Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Adra, Kolkata
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    @druryfire Yes, Thanks...to early to say how the season is going but keeping my fingers crossed.

I maintain a blog on Indian Football which I try to update daily. Its Link is

http://sam80dev3.blogspot.com

I am a die hard lover and follower of Indian Football. Will try to keep my self alive in the forum as much as possible.

Cheers.

5. SAM80DEV

SAM80DEV New Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Adra, Kolkata
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
  6. Munegascu06

Munegascu06 Member

May 20, 2010
    Nice (France)
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Hello everybody,
    I want to know if someone have accecc to "Ten Sports" or other channel because i'm looking for games of I-League.

7. indiafootballfan

Feb 26, 2010
    all over usa
    Club:
    Pune FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    i think there are some streams for ten action plus online

8. Munegascu06

Munegascu06 Member

May 20, 2010
    Nice (France)
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    I prefer to have game on DVD and not stream ;)

9. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
  10. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Savio Medeira appointed Indian football coach

The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has promoted Savio Medeira as the coach of Indian team, till the expiry of his contract in May 2012.

AIFF general secretary Kushal Das, after consultation with executive committee members yesterday, decided to hand over the formal letter to Medeira, who has been working as deputy to former coaches Bob Houghton and Armando Colaco for the past three years.

The post had fallen vacant after interim coach Armando Colaco rejected the AIFF's offer to extend his contract by one year. AIFF had tried to rope in Salgaocar Sports Club coach Karim Bencherifa for the top post but he too refused citing club commitments.

"Its a great honour to be India's coach. But at the same time its a huge responsibility as well," the 46-year-old Medeira told PTI. Asked whether he will continue with the same supporting staff and preparatory camps, the former India mid-fielder said he will meet Das on Monday in Delhi to sort out the things.

"I have asked Marcus Pacheco (the current goalkeeping coach) to be the assistant coach besides looking after goalkeeping. The supporting staff will remain the same," he added.

Medeira said his immediate concern was the three upcoming international friendlies, against Malaysia on November 13 and 16 at Assam and Kolkata respectively, and against Zambia on November 29 at Goa.

"Given the tight schedule of the I-League we are expected to have a one day camp prior to our first friendly. I hope we do well," he said. The biggest challenge though would be the SAFF Cup when India defend their title, which they won with a reserve side in Bangladesh, at home in December, he added.

11. fero

fero Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    just to say:
    India need his best 8 teams play-off to elect their second sport in Champions League.
    Everyleague should have a maximus of 5 teams for 1 continental spot. 16US teams fighting every year for 4 Champions league spots; 20argentinians teams fighting for 5 continental spot; 20 spanish teams for 2+3 spot in the first and second european continental league.
    To stay interesting the whole season India need options:
    A) more continental spots
    or
    B) minus teams in 1st league
    or
    C) a playoff cup between the best teams for the 2nd continental spot.

Good luck.

And I am a absolut foreigner and did never put my foot in India, just read internet news in inglish and wikipedia.

See the system of "top 14" the france rugby championship. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_14

12. vettefredje redded

Sep 12, 2011
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Why not starting a new I-League next season without relegation:

1 Mohun Bagan (Salt Lake Stadium)
    2 East Bengal FC (Salt Lake Stadium)
    3 Goa United (Fatorda Stadium)
    4 Mumbai FC (Cooperage Ground)
    5 New Delhi Heroes (Ambedkar Stadium)
    6 Pune FC (Sports City)
    7 Bangalore FC (Bangalore Football Stadium)
    8 Kerala United (Kaloor International Stadium)

13. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    You are so correct. Lets not include the current champions Salgaocar and teams like Churchill and Chirag.

Why don't you work for the AIFF with these amazing ideas.

14. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    lol :D :p

15. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    India Squad For Malaysia Friendlies

Following is the list of the 27-players selected for the Friendlies:

Goalkeepers: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Karanjit Singh, Subhashish Roy Chowdhury.

Defenders: Raju Eknath Gaikwad, Jaspal Singh, Sameer Naik, Mahesh Gawli, Debabrata Roy, Anwar Ali, Syed Rahim Nabi, Gouramangi Singh.

Midfeilders: Mehtab Hossain, Baldeep Singh, Rocus Lamare, Mehrajuddin Wadoo, Francis Fernandes, Climax Lawrence, Anthony Periera, Clifford Reyes Miranda, Jewel Shaik Raja, Steven Benedict Dias, Lalrindika Ralte.

Forwards: Baljit Singh Sahni, Jeje Lalpeklua, Sushil Singh, Joaquim Abranches, Sunil Chhetri.

OFFICIALS:

Head Coach: Savio Medeira

Assistant Coach: Marcus Pacheco

Manager: Mandar Tamhane

Doctor: Sandeep Kumar

Physio Liaqat Ali

16. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    If this is the Squad for only Malaysia Friendlies then India might be using another team for Zambia Friendly and SAFF Cup 2011 :confused:

17. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Seriously, I never understand why they bother. They never come back, but they think they can tell Indian league followers what they say is for the best.

To me, the structure is improving, what it will need is more diversity.

Creating Indian Arrows last year was a good move, but since selling them to Palian and moving to Calcutta, along with half the teams, whats the point? Move to a city that doesn't have a club!!

18. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is this correct?

4 teams in Goa
    4 in Calcuta
    2 in Mumbai

10 teams in 3 cities?

19. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Thats correct, but don't ask me how close these teams operate. Some use the same ground for example but I don't know how/if they interact with the community.

Take last year though, we had Indian Arrows (now Palian Arrows) in New Dehli, why did the new owners take them out? Surely New Dehli is a big market.

And the JCT in Phagwara, now I won't claim to know what the place is like, but other than Indian Arrows, the only other team from a northern central India who folded. Why?

Bare in mind, Chirag decided to get out of Calcutta, what did this tell us? Too many teams in one place or the place just isn't ready for football on a bigger professional scale?

20. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at wikipedia (if it is correct)

4 teams play at the Salt Lake Stadium
    4 at the Fatorda Stadim

that is crazy IMO.

21. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Mumbai Fc signs Afghan International player Zohib Islam Amiri from Kabul Fc..

22. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I think this is correct. A bit disappointing really. The company I work for has invested in an Indian company in Bellary and we expect to be making buildings left, right and centre, but when it comes to sporting ventures, it all ends. We can't get work in that sector because they don't want work in that sector.

They can sell the domestic game by using very few facilities, but it hides the fact that at grassroots, the game isn't ready. If grassroots football can't happen, then how can I.League grow?

I've seen a few video's of the Pakistan Premier League, and if that is Premier then believe me it's bad. But I do feel India have the same aswell bar a couple of stadiums to hide the true facts behind the game. Now, I'm not asking for dream stadiums, but one stadium per club with 5,000 capacity would be nice and I think accepted by the members on here.

23. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Now, just wondering how did all this work? The player went to India or unlikely the club scouted Afghanistan?

24. indiafootballfan

Feb 26, 2010
    all over usa
    Club:
    Pune FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    maybe if we host u17 world cup then we may get few more stadiums
    anyhow currently pune fc stadium and HALSC are good stadiums
    and cooperage is going renovation
    palijor stadium is getting artifical turf or so its not all bad atleast we seems to slowly realizing importance of professional :)

25. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    A while back, Kabul Fc went and played a few friendlies against I-League clubs, and a few Afghan players were offered contracts however it fell through, one of them players was Amiri, and now the contract has taken place and finalised. Would be good to see how he fairs with the club, its a 1 year contract.