In the World Cup - Our starting lineup

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by 5 StArSoldier redded, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    whos darwin?

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    an 18 yr old kid that was in the Cagliari reserves and was then sold to some Guatemalan team...Municipal.

3. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Do you think Samuel Caballero still has what it takes to cut it in la H? Personally i think he could he is better than Carlos Palacios who has been called up recently.

4. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast

Remember Carlos Palacios is a left back--you cannot compare a left footed left back with a right footed back. A left footed left back should win out in a team's tactial setup all the time--unless you have right footed back that is incredible, and much much better than the lefty, in which case you play them.

Also, Caballero, to answer your question does still have it and is safer/better than say Erick Norales anyday!

I've said before and will say it again: Erick Norales SUCKS !!! and really really need sto work on his game if he decides he wants to stop being simply a big dude in the back.

5. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Why would a guy named moises change his name to Jolly rogers ?.

Nothing makes sense anymore.

Lol

6. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Guys we should stop hating on Guevara, he is taking one for the team and playing DMid. He is our captain for a reason, he is slow but he brings it against good teams, which in the WC most of them will be good teams.
    I don't know why he doesn't let it go from mid range anymore, I think Rueda is a good coach but he is holding some of our players back.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc452YJh5a0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc452YJh5a0[/ame]

7. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Guevara is one of the top players to ever leave Honduras. Period. At his best, he is money.

8. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    agree with La-H.
    Rueda can't let Guevara "loose" roam around, he's ancient, and we will be cuaght out of position many times becuase he's just not fast anymore.

9. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    top players? then how come he didnt make it in Spain? and spend about a decade in MLS? and then if he was top notch how come he never made it permanently in Europe?

guess it like Landon good in the MLS but not in Europe.

10. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hmm next to Carlos Pavon Plumer, Guevara has been the best player for the Honduran NT. Neither of them managed to make it in Europe for whatever reason but that does not mean they are not quality. Pele never left Brazil to go to europe, Donovan has played in mls his whole career, Blanco never made it in Europe either. You don't necessarily need to make it big in Europe to be considered a great player.

11. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Pavon did something in Mexico though.....(From what my brother tells me Pavon just couldnt cut it in Napoli nor Udi.)

Pele never left Brasil because Brasil was the best league in that time they won the WC twice in those times and the whole nt played in Brasil. (but he did play in NY Cosmos.)

as for the others you mentioned they are very good players in there NTs.

12. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Brazil was never the best league at the time. Even now if all the Brazilian internationals played in Brazil, that wouldn't make the league the best in the world because it wouldn't be deep enough. Europe has always had the best leagues because players from all over the world play there and you can put many great competitive teams since the talent pool is so big.

1 person likes this.
  13. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Exactly.

14. 5 StArSoldier redded

Sep 5, 2009
    New York !
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i no right i agree with that , rep you for that

15. YanksCatrachos23

YanksCatrachos23 New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Bronx, New York
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    this thread has been forgotten, and a new member has started another thread on lineups for the world cup.

Can a MOD please somehow merge these two threads, and get the discussion back up and running! :)

16. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Thread was forgotten because it went off topic.

Anyway, let's hear some ideas of the back four for the WC?

Situation: Sabillon in 2nd division of China...Osman hasn't played a game in 4 months...Muma had played very little in 6+ months. Who will Rueda start?

I think Rueda will choose: Izaguirre, Norales, Figueroa, Sabillon

I think Sabillon should be left out since he will have a hard transition going from marking Chinese players in 2nd division to marking Torres, Villa, Frei, Yakin, etc.

However, I think Rueda likes him and will stick with him, for better or worse.

Let's hope Muma or Osman start playing lots between now and May...not likely though.

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Johnny Palacios and Maynor Figueroa. smh this defense is a young defense except for Sabillon. they will all most likely go to Brazil if we qualify for it.

18. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what are the chances of Emil Martinez from Indios of going to the World Cup

19. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

20. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    agreed.

21. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I think the back four for the WC has to be established in the Turkey game, the four have to have some sort of playing time together, if not they will be eaten alive by Torres, Alexis, Derdiyok.

I dont mind what Rueda picks, I will trust his wisdom, but whatever he picks He better stay consistent with it as simple as.

I hope he subs early and often in the turkey game to see combinations upfront. I would like to see how a Welcome, Suazo duo work.

22. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    so your telling me theres a chance :D jk

1 person likes this.
  23. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yeah!!

0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance :D

24. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    valladares

Sabillon--O. Chavez--Figueroa--Izaguirre

-------------------Da Beast!----------------

Alvarez-----------Guevara----------Leon--

---------La Pantera-------Costly-----------

That's my eleven.

Off the bench:

Ramon y Hendry -- out Guevara, y Alvarez.

PLEASE Rueda, don't ever take Leon out, he is basically a guaranteed goal on FK's. might make or break a game.

25. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    its also that he has THREE calcio players up front....so i think that a very chemistry going on there....