In Siberia, hockey is a summer sport (IIHF, NHL, KHL, Europe, NCAAs)

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Real Corona, May 13, 2011.

1. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Tell me about it.

Semin also beats players one on one on the regular, he does it with ease where as most players can't beat a defender period with stick handling. And wouldn't balance and strength factor into puck protection more so than stick handling.

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Balance and strength are a factor, but there are plenty of big strong guys who can't control the puck well enough. The ultimate example is Datsyuk. When he came into the league, he was tiny. Gretzky like. He might blow away in the wind. Yet he never, ever, gave up the puck, ever.

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Not better than Viktor Kozlov!

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Great experience at the Florida Panthers' Season Home Opener

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Great experience at the Florida Panthers' Season Home Opener, Part II

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice

I bet your tickets were less than the $167 I put down to get through the door of the Bell Centre to see the Avs and Habs play tonight.

7. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    For one ticket?

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, welcome to Montreal. :(

I also bought tickets to a Penguins game for later in the year when the misses and I will be in Pittsburgh. The cheapest tickets they had together were $150 each, with some upwards of $250.

9. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well, I don't know where those tickets are but I paid $220 for me, my wife and two spawns. In the corner, 8 rows up. Now if I wanted to have tickets right at the glass on the red line, I would have to pay $120 a ticket. And that's Florida.

I'll tell you what though. I don't think I have seen so much fine pu$$y in one place in a while.

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My ticket tonight was 13 rows up, center ice. My mom took me to an Avs game for my birthday a few years ago. Glass seats for us were $220 each I think.

The Penguins tickets for $150 are in the corner 20 some rows up. Absolutely absurd price, but I guess that's what you get when your team is good. We all know how much Pittsburgh loved the Penguins five or six plus years ago.

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It appears to be that the cause of the Lokomotiv crash was pilot error. I don't even know how this is possible, but as I understand it, the pilot had his foot on the break while it was trying to take off.

12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alex Galenchyuk is likely out for the season after tearing his ACL and MCl.

13. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Panthers aren't embarrassing. Apparently, we can beat teams not names New York islanders and Tampa Bay Lightning.

14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't want to say I told you so about Markstrom, but.....

[​IMG]

And Kulikov is just....... drool

15. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Let's hope you're right. But, for now, he just had one stellar game, I hope he continues in the same way. He is 2-1 (and real lucky to get the win in the previous game as he played only the third period in relief of injured Theodore).

Kulikov's acrobatics were duly noticed, the way he robbed that Hab on a one-on-one was precious. He's certainly a player you did not have to preach to me about. I was behind him all the way, as you know.

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just like watching him.

He's the reason I watch Panther games. Although I'm going to add Markstrom to that list for this season.

17. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I am kinda excited for the Panthers right now. Think of South Florida sports scene right now, what other choices do the sports fans have? Miami Heat are not playing due to the NBA labor dispute. Miami Dolphins are 0-6. FAU Owls are 0-7, UM Hurricanes and FIU Golden Panthers are better at 4-3 but neither inspires confidence, baseball is pretty much over (and for the Marlins fans it has been over for a while), there is no MLS to speak of down here, college basketball down here is pathetic.

Florida Panthers, at 5-3, are downright hot (by the South Florida sports standards, of course)

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to a Marlins game, and frankly I can see why people would be done with them. Stadium is in the middle of nowhere, it rains at least once a day randomly, it's hot and muggy. Hopefully their new stadium with the A/C and roof is better.

Panthers are on the up and up. I really think in two-three years, they will make the playoffs and be competitive going forward from there.

Kulikov is a legit stud two way D-man.

Markstrom will give them steady netminding (which ironically was never the problem).

Huberdeau will put some pounds on and use that skill to center the top line.

Dale Tallon is offloading the dead weight from before. He seems to have them on the right track.

19. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The stadium is not in the middle of nowhere. It's right on the Florida Turnpike Extension. Right on the border between the colossal Miami-Dade County and the densely populated broward County. Right in the middle of the South Florida metropolis. It's within minutes from everywhere. In fact, it is just down the street from me (by "down" I mean a 20 minute travel on the street that it's on). It used to rain everyday on the same time - 2:30 P.M. until they screwed with the Everglades.

If by the "dead weight" you mean scoring then you're right. We just dropped David Booth and who did we get? Mikael Samuelson (currently injured) and Marco Sturm. One 30-goal season for another one 30-goal season. There is still not another player on Florida roster that has ever scored 30. I hope Florida wins a lot of 2-1 games like yesterday, because the 7-4 thing against Tampa is not going to happen again. Scoring 3 goals against this Florida team will mean a victory on most nights.

20. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the Habs-Panthers game too, and man is that Markstrom huge in net. When Clemmenson gets back I do wonder if they'll deal him or Theodore and keep Markstrom as the starter.

21. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seemed out in the middle of nowhere.

Booth was a salary dump. Samuelson and Sturm both have contracts that end this year.

22. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Welcome to Florida, I guess. Flat as a pancake and HUGE.

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It just seemed to me that the new stadium was near Downtown and that's where the other stadiums are, Orange Bowl, AA Arena etc.

I don't know though

24. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It's where the fans are. Miami Heat are a Miami team, an urban outfit and fans are in Miami. Miami Marlins, yep, that's what the Florida Marlins are going to be known as starting next season, also have majority of their fan base in Miami (especially - little havana). Now, Miami Dolphins are of universal appeal in the entire Miami metropolis and, finally, the Florida Panthers are based on the suburban caucasian fan support from the Broward and Palm Beach counties, so, their arena is 40 miles from Miami downtown, in Sunrise, in the middle of the Broward county population center of Weston/Sunrise/Plantation/Pembroke Pines/Cooper City/Margate. Florida Panthers had played their first four season in the old Miami Heat arena and couldn't draw flies aside from the novelty of the first season.

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I miss Florida a little bit, especially when watching Dexter.

I might be going to Miami for Thanksgiving.