In Rafa We Trust- The Other Teams' Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Just had a peek at a Saints board. The impression seems to be that this has been in the pipeline for a while, and that Cortese wanted to give the new man a chance to spend in January.

Adkins will land on his feet, but he might have to drop down to the CCC to get a job. It has to be disappointing as well that he doesn't get a chance to see through the work he started with some of the gifted young players he's given a chance. Principally Shaw and Ward-Prowse, but even the likes of Lallana, Ramirez, Cork, Yoshida, and Clyne are all under 25. There's a very good group of younger players there, some of whom will probably be picked off if they do end up going down.

fernb8 repped this.
  2. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Doubt he'll make a move. Wouldn't want to stunt the development of Giggs and Scholes.

Bruckner283, cr7torossi and Wrath repped this.
  3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    LOL, earlier in the year I said no way would Adkins get the sack after leading them to two consecutive promotions. Terrible move by Southampton I think.

4. Passage

Passage Member

Feb 25, 2007
    USA
    Awful move by the saints.

5. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Man, I really like Southampton as a club and admire what Adkins has done. I may just be rooting for them to go down after this.

6. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    You mean the guys at ESPN can copy stuff accurately from the Bild and Kicker?

Blueallthru repped this.
  7. Cletis

Cletis Member+

Jul 12, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    didn't see this coming ...

[​IMG]

8. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Very interesting. He should have a good chance with Etherington aging and not really doing the biz this season. Kightly isn't really very good and Pennant is M.I.A.

9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Also, I saw an interview with their new fella, Pochettino. He had to have a translator to give the interview :eek: They also said he got the elbow from his last job because of poor performances.

Yeah, that looks like it'll work out OK for them :sneaky:

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Brazil and Argentina knocked out of the group phase of the U20 South American Tourney. :eek:

11. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Both have been very poor in the tournament, watched 2 of each teams matches & they hardly played as team. Some Argie lads are even more individualistic than I thought first.

Two players that impressed me are Derlis Gonzalez of Paraguay & Castillo from Chile, one is already signed by Benfica & the latter is, well quite a handful for defenders, fantastic movement and intelligence on & off the ball. Put simply this Sudamericano is a dream place for Portuguese duo to shop & agents paradise.

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Now that Valdes is not renewing his contract, there are rumors about Barça preparing an offer for Courtois.

13. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    It's a shame Cech isn't like, 8 years older or something*. Then the timing with Courtois would be perfect. As is, we've got an excellent keeper for the foreseeable future and one of the best young keepers in Europe on the books as well. It'll be interesting to see what the club decides to do. I'm not sure Courtois would be interested in another 10 loan spells. I'd hate to see him at Barca, though.

*I've seen oppo fans refer to Cech as 'aging'. I think that because he's been around so long, the perception of him is that he's much older than his 30 years.

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Well Courtois' current contract runs until the Summer of 2016.
    So it'll be another two seasons before it becomes a real issue.

15. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Danny scores again

16. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I think this is all a moot point until he either gets his loan spell in the Premiership or is moved into the squad.

As good as DeGea looked in Spain, I think it is fair to be critical of him on several occasions since moving over and have some concerns with Courtois having a similar experience.

17. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Joey Cole with the goal against 'Arry

18. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Liverpool absolutely munting Norwich again. Studger on the scoresheet once more.

20. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And I would like to add: C'mon Reading!!

21. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    De Gea's issue since moving over has been mostly his occasional lack of presence in the box on crosses. Courtois starts over Mignolet in the national team because this is one of the areas where he is noticeably better than the Sunderland man.

22. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Remind me, how many years was it that Newcastle gave Pardew? Eight was it?

23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    definitely trouble up mill there

24. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    cracking goal from Benteke

25. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    still want to see how he does in England before he is given the gloves. I would love to proved wrong trust me- but we have seen quite a few of these keepers look less than confidence in dealing with the aerial battles in the Prem.