In Rafa We Trust- The Other Teams' Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i always liked stoch and thought he could have had at least an alright time here had he had the chance

lobomojo repped this.
  2. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    thread getting jacked a bit. think Borini may really be the only one out there that we may have really "missed" on. time will tell as he hasn't had a shot yet at liverpool. (and contract blah blah, i know). but are there too many others that would really be overtaking the current 1st team? Cork would be nice depth, but he didn't want to be depth, stoch had a very high opinion of himself, may still prove to be quite a player, but is hardly setting europe on fire. Sinclair, needs to get out of manchester for us to know. in any case, i think our current crop of youngsters probably have more potential to go on to 1st team.

now, how can i get this back on topic?

weren't city trying the 3-4-2-1 at the beginning of the season? theoretically, that could be a very solid line-up for us, and might be a good option against better teams that we need to guard against. turns into a 5-4-1 on defense, and gives license for the wingbacks to do some damage and overload opposing back lines. i just have a weird think about messing with the back line, could work in a one off, just don't see it as a viable long term formation.

i would love to see how Klopp could get this current 1st team playing though.

3. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Yeah, there isn't one outside of Nemanja that I look back with any real regret.

4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    seems strange we never pulled the trigger on him. Then again I do believe this was not long after we had the likes of JT-Ivan and Riccy and allegedly a few other talents in the wings (Bruma, Rajkovic, Mancienne). Just seemed as if it did not work out and a move we may have really missed out on now.

I like Matic thought he was a very gifted technical player and a big lad at that. Left footed as well which was interesting for that type of player. Still not quite sure how he would do with the compressed midfields we see in England as opposed to some of the slower, easier paced games on the Continent.

Perhaps a player we missed out on, perhaps not. I still do not see him knicking ahead of Mikel and it was not until we went to 2 DMs (under RDM) that this desperate need for another DM arrived.

edit- sorry JFranse we are getting a little OT, although I suppose we are talking about players on Other Teams

5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Fern,

I believe Kompany rejected our offer or made it known he was interested. I believe he felt that it would have been a detriment to his career at that time. Can't fault him for that.

6. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Remy and M'vila for QPR? seriously? something like 8 mil each?
    and why are we not diving in for M'vila with our DM struggles?

7. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    you appear to be correct

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_2382885,00.html

agreed on MVilla. Seems silly that we are not interested for that money. Although it is a touch concerning how many clubs may have "passed" on him so far

8. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    His development has stalled somewhat. Didn't really kick on as expected last season. He's also been suspended from the French national team for partying while on national duty.

A move is probably what he needs to keep developing, but I'm not all that surprised that a bigger club hasn't come in for him. The worst thing for him would have been to do a Sahin and move to a club too big for him and then never player. It's not like he's gonna be on bad wages on QPR anyway, no matter what Harry says.

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good, my memory isn't shot.

10. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Another success for Joe Biden :D

11. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  12. Passage

Passage Member

Feb 25, 2007
    USA
    Ridiculous. This is definitely a Barbra Streisand type situation. All the reports I find about this guy are about him being dropped as opposed to the comment he made.

13. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He had to be dropped though. I mean when an official shows they have a mind of their own it becomes a dangerous thing as they may not take instructions from their masters without question. Better stamp this sort of thing out now while it's containable.

Otherwise the next thing you know he fails to award a penalty at Old Trafford when Utd are down for the, frankly ridiculous, reason that Van Persie took a dive and all hell will break loose :D

fernb8 and Passage repped this.
  14. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tevez banned for failing to respond to police letters about two incidents of speeding, because they were from Cheshire Constabulary and he claims not to know what constabulary means.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-21043926

Additionally, because he doesn't have a UK driving licence, his Porsche Panamera (ranging from £60k to £125k) has been impounded. In 2009, his Bentey Continental (£135k) was also impounded for the same reason, again after he failed to respond to letters about speeding.

Tevez claims he was not driving any of the cars at any of these times. Quite possible, he probably has a driver, but if he can't read then surely he should employ a bloody secretary.

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Belgian guy and Blueallthru repped this.
  16. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Me's good English.

17. Passage

Passage Member

Feb 25, 2007
    USA
    Tevez can't read goods.

18. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    billyireland repped this.
  19. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I find it sad that he even had to do it. That should have been the first thing the Citeh players did.

And I commend him for doing it. What is so obvious to most is often missed by the few, and he was spot on.

Lastly, why are those at the FA such bloody tw@ts?

20. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oye, you be quiet you old codger!

21. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BREAKING: Bayern Munich have confirmed Pep Guardiola will become the club's new manager in the summer.
    Source: ESPN

There's speculation this could be BS... it is ESPN, after all.

22. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yup. I am really interested to see how he does outside Barca. Although, Bayern are arguably the No 2 team in Europe, they are still nowhere near Barca.

23. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    WAT?

So we 'get' to keep Rafa? This definitely creates for an intriguing silly season (which for us is generally manager related). But its ESPN. I wouldn't he hurt if Pep isn't the gaffer next season.

24. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Confirmed by Bayern's official twitter account. Pep is heading to Allianz Arena in the summer.

25. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just saw that. I'm surprised that ESPN was right.