In pursuit of mediocrity; Dynamo Kiev 2012-2013 season.

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by loden, May 17, 2012.

1. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Good analogy. He looked so cool taking those 2 goals, and at a venue usually no one comes away with a result in. I remember feeling so happy after that game and I'm a pretty big Valencia fan that was just a great win for Dynamo and Ukrainian football, it had been so long...I might be wrong but I think Valencia might not have started Villa that game though..

2. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Браття....

Geez. Coming onto this thread and sledging on DK is juvenile...
    C'mon. You're a бойовий галичан!

Open up a thread and tell my why Karpaty are the worst team in the league.
    If Dynamo is supposedly trash then what is Karpaty after getting dumped 5-1 at home by Illich of all teams???

3. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I don't bash DK, I want them to do better, and they just arent. I hate bcuz I care.

4. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That's coz they are your home team. You've followed them since you were knee high to a grasshopper...

Shevafan is not DK fan - and shytstirring is not worth it unless you have the goods to back you up.
    DK is questionably mediocre... - UEFA Coefficient rankings has them #23.
    That is NOT mediocre - and I would like to see them play to that ranking.

Currently WTF is Krapaty ????

5. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    DK-2 lose again. Arg, this is so painful to watch. This club needs more than just a coach, it needs a manager.

6. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dynamo-2 loses players for various reasons and the new crop is not coming up quick enough to be competitive.
    Novak and Koval just signed with Sevastapol. They gave the reason that at the age of 23 they didn't see a future in the club so were moving on.
    I'm sure there will be more.

7. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    At the risk of sounding overly optimistic; that game against Arsenal was better. The team looked more focused. I am interesting in seeing what's going to happen over the next few games.

8. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Are you suggesting they're the 23rd best team in Europe cause of UEFA coefficients?

9. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You do realize this was sarcasm?

Point to ponder - Dynamo did have the best defense in the UPL last season.

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    This was a better game, however, I felt that they only find enough motivation for 4-5 escellent combination a match. The rest of the match, they just look like they're practicing or play "kvadraty". heck, that's still enough to look like a better team against a "kolhosp".

I think, kranjcar looked like playing better and did not fall out of the game like he did in his debut. Koval had a couple of nice saves and Veloso did well up the right side. Yarmolenko improved greatly from the first week as well but he has got to do better from the spot.

11. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  12. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
  13. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    So, I didn't know until now that Raffael from Hertha was an attacking midfielder. They're definitely looking to get rid of Milevskiy.

14. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yes the UPL is a freaking dangerous attacking league. La Liga is nervously smoking in the corner.

15. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yes Karpaty suffer from the "Surkis disease". Our president is just as dumb as Surka Jr. It's gonna take some time, before he sells the club or dies.

16. slavadynamo

slavadynamo Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Another midfielder, wow. Again, all these purchases do show that they are trying to improve the quality of the squad, but I worry for Harmash. I felt that he was destined for a true breakout year, and for me he was the best player on the pitch against MetaDon when he came on in the second half (after being passed over for Haruna...). Now we seem to have an over-abundance of midfielders, so I hope he will still manage to see meaningful time on the pitch and continue to improve

17. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Unfortunately, for Karpaty fans the team will not be in PL when that happens...
    Amazing how after 2 games this season Hoverla L'viv is the more interesting team to follow!
    (And this has got nuthin' to do with Surka)
    Bwahahahahaha

18. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Garmash as long as he plays decent will get time in UPL, in Europe they might play Raffael if they do get him.

Wouldn't mind taking Kravets but Milevsky?? lol gtfo!!!! We did turn Zozulya into a threat though :D Shocking that Ramos isn't afraid to use him often on the wing or as a lone striker (until Kalinic comes back)

19. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    What does La Liga have to do with a 30 hypothetical 1-0 wins in UPL?

20. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    many sources are saying that Raffael has signed with Dynamo. Raffael was a midfielder with BSC Hertha Berlin (GER).

[​IMG]

21. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv

Seems that way, yeah. So, let's look at our midfield;

1. Vuko
    2. Krancjar
    3. Veloso
    4. Gusev
    5. Yarmolenko
    6. Raffael
    7. Harmash
    8. Haruna
    9. Bogdanov
    10. Yussuf
    Hmmm...This almost looks like a brand new team. I have a feeling that Gusev is not going to be an integral part of this team for much longer. Not sure how I feel about that. I like the guy a lot, but I have a feeling DK are moving away from using him.

22. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yussuf will be a CB on Dynamo, nothing else. Haruna may be gone soon. So, that is down 8 already.

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Out of all of those guys how many are wingers though? Haven't seen anything so far that jumps out 'oh damn, Gusiev is in trouble.' Especially since your fullbacks aren't very good going forward, can't imagine you not using Gusiev/Yarmolenko most of the time.

Btw did you see Mehmedi's miss today? lol :D

24. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    You know....I realize that they're the two leading wingers. However, I am getting the idea that Semin wants to get away from utilizing the wings. This may sound odd, but it looks like he's buying players that can attack through the middle, without utilizing the width. Anyway, maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, I've had days like that. However, with this coach you just never know.

25. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    No, but just in general, from what I've seen of him, this player doesn't impress me at all.