In pursuit of mediocrity; Dynamo Kiev 2012-2013 season.

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by loden, May 17, 2012.

1. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    That's news I could use.:thumbsup:

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Marco Ruben from Villareal? That would be a brilliant pick up, hope that doesn't happen! :p

Can't believe we took Aliev on loan from you lol fail :thumbsdown: at least we didn't buy him for $7M like we did with Hladkiy smh

3. slavadynamo

slavadynamo Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Marco Ruben seems to be official now, another nice pickup for DK. And at least this move fills a need (quality striker)

4. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I know he can't possinbly be worse than whatever rubbish we have up front, but is he that good? He will require a strike partner, and we don't have one for him. Maybe play him as a target man with Mehmedi?

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He's definitely not an ideal target man although he could play like that, his slight build will get punished in UPL against physical defenses who are a good unit. He's a quality player. Its absolutely ridiculous he's coming to play for Dynamo Kyiv, no offense. Surprised Ramos and Dnipro didn't nab him up since he came to Ukraine anyway, and they always try to steal guys from Spain.

6. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I see. Yeah, DK is after top players from relegated clubs that go for 7-8 mil. That seems to be the angle they're playing.

Anyway, enjoy Aliev haha. He's a piece of shit x2.

7. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I didn't see the game, but I had heard some very negative things about the quality of football on display...

8. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Terrible. Uninspiring. Low finishing quality. Too many passes went array.

Yes, the better team did win but it looked very disappointing. Dynamo looked good in the first 20 minutes. The rest of the first half the play was even. Dudu isn't as good as people say he is. if he wants to start ever again in place of Husev he better show something. Husev is faster and more aggressive than Dudu. How Haruna gets to start is beyond me. Khacheridi was Dynamo's best defender. Mykhalyk had two gaffes in the first half. Was better in the second half.

In the second half Dynamo attacked a lot but nothing looked particularly convincing. After Harmash and Husev replaced Haruna and Dudu, Dynamo capture the initiative and never gave it back. Still, the finishing quality was terrible. Excellent service by Yarmolenko in the 92 minute and great precision by Ideye helped us avoid disappointment.

A note on Kranjcar: had a nice touch on the medium distance piledriver. Other then that - was very ineffective on standard situations and basically had a forgettable match. He needs to improve, because when Ninkovic replaced him in the second half the quality did not suffer and that is a bad sign for Niko.

Boiko was very decent. he will compete with Koval. The year-long assignment at kryvbas must have helped. But when SaSho returns they will compete for the back up position.

9. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    This coach is garbage, I don't stand behind him one bit. He should never have come back. I have a strong gut feeling that he is going to be gone by New Years.

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    If Dynamo are out of continental competitions by the New Year - I would agree with you. If they're still playing in the Spring = Syomin will stay. Just a feeling.

11. slavadynamo

slavadynamo Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Thought Harmash was the best player on the pitch in the second half. Mind boggling that Haruna got the start over him. Husyev also made a huge difference when he entered

12. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    C'mon guys....
    You know it takes more than one game for this team to gel! Especially when you get the amount of turnover that always happens during the summer break.

If you thought that MetaDon would be a walk in the park then lad you haven't been following the dynamics of what has been going on for the last few months.

13. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    92nd min winner lol, always sneak by in these games its really annoying.

14. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I think a standard response is that top flight teams are supposed to win games even when they're playing dull and uninspired, but knowing DK, I'll keep my mouth shut...

15. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well that's what we've been doing most of the last season in the UPL. I mean aside from the disappointment of being unable to hold the first place, you have to admit that despite very unconvincing play, Dynamo kept winning. Sometimes - despite their best efforts :)

16. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Well, I have to say the goal was deserved. They Yarmolenko loaded the cross into the box when the keeper was still recovering into position, and the header was into the far post. So, yeah, they took advantage of the situation, props to them on that. However, the team movement was just really horrible, lacking any sort of thought or urgency. Too many square passes, they don't move the ball forward rapidly enough, not making enough diagonal passes, not utilizing wall passes at all.

17. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    lol dynamo played like absolute trash again, i can't even watch this team play it's so freakin boring

18. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So, don't. I wouldn't mind if they had 30 terrible games in the UPL and had 30 terrible 1-0 victories. That would suit me just fine.

19. Hopper10

Hopper10 Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You do understand that 30 1-0 victories would mean that Dynamo would have to have a perfect defensive record? I mean, I'd love for that to happen, but even on the most optimistic days watching the Dynamo back four involves an emotion akin to strong disappointment.

20. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    There are 29 more games this season and and if the track record for the league proves to be similar then there are only 2 games for Dynamo that really matter and they are the games against The Miners.

All the other 27 games make up the statistical inferences for the season and give the fans reason to travel and watch their teams.

Until a serious change to the competition structures happens (akin to Juventus being disrobed of their championships and sent to Serie B or Rangers or going bankrupt an sent to the 4th Level) the championship even after the first round will clearly be whether Dynamo will have the goods to actually stop The Miners from winning the 2012-13 Premier League.

21. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    i think best thing for dynamo would be to fail qualification for champions league. I think that's the only way that will make that brain dead president surkis realize they need to get rid of semin. On the other hand though, knowing surkis, he will sign some other dumb sovkovuy manager that will deal with his antics like going inside the locker room half time and telling the players he's the shit here and they better play better cause he pays them. the less that man is involved in the football department in the club the better it will be for dynamo. personally he shouldn't come closer than 300m from the training ground.

22. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Well, that's an almost certain bet in my book. There's no way they're going through with that kind of football on display. The football shown started to really suck after New Years and has continued since. I have a feeling that the players don't believe in this coach either.

23. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Found another thing that bothers about DK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artem_Kravets

Record:
    2005-2008 Dynamo Kiev 2 App: 34 Goals: 6
    2007-Present Dynamo Kiev App: 44 Goals: 11

What is the point of having this guy around? At which point is DK leadership going to accept defeat that they can't do anything with him?

24. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Haha yea that's too bad. Thought we had a stud on our hands after he bagged an epic brace at Mestalla to beat Valencia. He got called up to the NT to face England at Wembley in 2010 WCQ right after that but got hurt in the first day of practice and missed like the next 6 months with that groin problem or whatever it was :rolleyes: never really a factor again after that, so weird

25. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    That was an epic brace! Unfortunately, even a broken clock is correct twice a day... :(