In pursuit of mediocrity; Dynamo Kiev 2012-2013 season.

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by loden, May 17, 2012.

1. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Transfermarkt is giving the Veloso transfer to Dynamo 69%. A whole bunch of news sources are saying that the transfer has already happened. On the other hand there are persistent rumors that he is going to AC Milan and Ljajic is being courted as consolation... I am confused...

2. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I am confused too. Actually, I am more confused by DK going after decent players, that really throws me off, lol.

3. slavadynamo

slavadynamo Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Veloso looks like a done deal now. Genoa pres saying he'll be signing with DK today or tomorrow.
    Interesting about the Ljajic rumours. Definitely talented but some attitude issues/he has been 'misunderstood'. Surely if we keep bringing in players we'll start to see an exodus of some of the deadwood as well? I'm looking at you, Ninkovic/Aliyev/Milevskiy...

4. slavadynamo

slavadynamo Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    More names being tossed around today: Kovacic from Zagreb (excellent young talent) and Ladislav Krejci from Sparta Praha, a young winger. I wonder if they are expecting a decent-sized bid for Yarmolenko to come in? Seems like the amount of young attackers we've been linked with suggest he may be off

5. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Congratulations you're getting one hell of a player in Veloso. A massive coup for a player with Veloso's talent to go to Ukraine.

6. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    What the hell is going on? We made TWO transfers that make sense?!?! Welcome Veloso, but it from the looks of it welcome back Grigoriy Surkis? Surely, a new coach is soon to follow....

7. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I'll be honest, I am not quite sure why we bought this player. I can only assume that the core/engine room group of players of DK is getting rebuild. He's going to be paired up with Vukojevic and Krancjar, with Gusev and Yarmolenko on the wings.

We are in dire need of a solid striker, as we don't have anyone to score goals following Sheva's departure.

8. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I think only Milevskiy has a realistic chance of playing for DK next season, the other two are up for transfer. No love lost here, these guys need to go, along with the coach. I am assuming Semin will get replaced mid-season after we've blown it in every tourney.

9. slavadynamo

slavadynamo Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I am wondering what this will all mean for Garmash. Was hoping to see him play a prominent role this coming season. Maybe the goal is to turn him into a striker lol, but he could pull it off as well as anyone else on the roster.

10. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Good point. It doesn't bode well for Garmash, even though he is the most talent of the club raised youths.

11. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So after already having Vukojevic, Garmash, Haruna, Dynamo sign another 3 central midfielders Kranjcar, Bohdanov, and Veloso. That's 6 and with the exception of Kranjcar they are all defensive midfielders. Very smart considering Dynamo also has Kalitvintsev, Rybalka, Dudu (who is one hell of a talent)

********in amateurs sitting in that Dynamo headquarters. Like seriously?

12. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Haruna, lol. Yeah, the wonders of DK. Like, I said, I am not sure why we bought Veloso, but obviously now that we have him, we need to play him. It doesn't bode well for the young Ukrainians, but with the I guess that's just how it is with the foreign player limit being gone.

13. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    1. I think haruna's a goner
    2. Bogdanov did play quite a bit as a RW, RW, and a CAM for Arsenal.
    3. Veloso can create. Vuko is the only one TRULY and FULLY a DM

I think Dynamo will be ok.

14. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    What does this mysterious Dudu look like? I have honestly never seen him on the pitch.

15. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Could it be that he's just not as good as people believe he is?

16. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    We've blown 3 training matches in a row. That doesn't bode well for the season ahead. Actually, my prediction for the season ahead:

-Champions League; crashing out in the qualifying round
    -Europa League; going out during group stages
    -crashing out of the UPL Cup during meeting with Shakhtar
    -mid-season decision to replace Semin
    -finishing in firm 2nd position in the UPL

17. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I do not have such strong convictions. I would rather see these training matches for what they are - training matches. Significant changes are being made and the team still has to jell. How will Vuko, Veloso, and Kranjcar play together in the midfield with Yarmolenko and Husev? Who will play at forward, Ideye? I think we should have a better idea in September.

I would rather Dynamo look uninspiring during the pre-season and do well when it counts than do great in pre-season and flop in September.

18. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  19. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    That's a nice shirt. Better then the "matraz" of two years ago.

20. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  21. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That looks like a woman's cut...LOL!

22. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    It's a muscle shirt, son...It's tight to show off our manly chests. Yea..

23. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    DK is after Marco Ruben. Even though the transfers of Veloso and this guy don't make too much sense to me, they will put some of the current losers on the bench, and hopefully out of the club. Ninko, Aliev, Mileffffskij, Haruna, yeah, I'm looking at you...

24. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Let's see...

---------------Shovkovskij------------
    Betao----Mikhalik--Khacheridi----Popov?
    Gusev--Veloso----Vuko/Krancjar---Yarmolenko
    ------------Ruben---(new forward)-----

Play Ruben as a target man, pair him up with a small, quick, technical forward, ala Rebrov, that actually could be something worthile

25. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Sashinka Aliev unloaded on loan to Dnipro.... (one day before the season starts)