In pursuit of mediocrity; Dynamo Kiev 2012-2013 season.

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by loden, May 17, 2012.

1. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Success is a relative term. To me this is significant, because this means either Ninkovic or Aliev will not see the pitch any more. It is also significant because we have a player who's worked with Redknapp for 3+ years. It also represents the first move of it's kind for DK, bringing in an experienced campaigner who is not well over the hump from the most competitive league in the world. I am hoping that this move will work out and will open doors to other players from EPL. I am also happy that this is not another wierd Brazillian or Latin American guy with zero European experience.

2. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Maybe one day, we can have a more attractive squad that can help bring in a better coach too.

3. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Oh and one more thing, Messi would not successed at any club that doesn't have Xavi, Iniesta in the midfield.

4. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    LOL yes he would, he creates most of his own chances anyways. If you take out the goals he scored from help of either Xavi and Iniesta he would still score over 50.

5. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    That's an opinion you form by observing Barca on TV because they focus on Messi and just show his individual actions. He would not be half the player without the rest of the cast in the midfield. I went to a Barca game in Madrid last year, and the TV view is totally misleading. There is so much dynamic interplay between the players in the midfield that they're able to create breakaway chances for Messi. His dribbles don't just come out of nowhere, he gets supplied with the ball at the right time to be able to pull those off.

Additionally, when the opposing teams has such tremendous other players to mark, it creates opportunities because they do forget about Messi all the time. He just walks around looking innocent most of the time, when he is not dribbling at the goal. The other guys do the dirty work for him.

6. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    TV misleading what are you talking about, I can see the whole field or at least most of the field when I watch the game and I can easily see the interchange passing and movement, but the fact remains that Messi still creates his own chances. In most of the goals he goes past 2-3 players AFTER receiving the ball. He's not freakin Mario Gomez who scores 90% of his goals as tap ins. And Messi is the one that is ALWAYS under more attention from the other team than the other players, they'd be mad not to double team the best player in the world and possibly all time. Messi scored more goals from Dani Alves passes this season than from Xavi lol. If you take all the goals he scored from either Iniesta's or Xavi passes he would still probably win the Golden Boot this year if not be very close to CR. The man is a beast, he smashed Mullers record this season and he's not even a true striker, meaning he doesn't chill in the penalty box the whole game, and he put up almost 30 assists as well which means that a 100 GOALS that Barca scored this season are through Messi.

I actually just lookes up that Messi in the La Liga has 1 less assist than Xavi and Iniesta combined. And these are Iniesta, Xavi assists to everyone on the team so hypothetically if they would all be to Messi (which they aren't obviously) he would still score 35 goals in the league LOL

7. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I'm not debating that the man is a beast and can create chances out of nothing. Just trying to give you some context. Whom do you leave unmarked when you double team Messi when he's playing for Barca? Do you ever notice that his performances for Argentina are nowhere near on the same level?

Anyway, I am done discussing Messi in my poor lil ol clubs thread.

8. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Maybe Blokhin will get offered a DK job?

9. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It would be great.

In general, a hopeful pre-season this may turn out to be: Kranjcar, Selin, possibly Bogdanov. Half of the foreign dead wood might be leaving...

10. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That would be great cause the National Team then might actually get a good coach. As for Dynamo, with Blokhin, I would suspect they would be a decent middle of the table team.

11. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Lol, like whom? Ukraine can't pay their coach 8 million euro per year, like a certain neighbor to the north.

12. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I must also add, that I love how you know everything! You're one smart guy!

13. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol of course they can, they just don't want to. Surkis has used the FFU for money laundering for a while now, the NT's situation isn't in his main interest. He has also used the position as a way to protect himself, since any case of corruption against him would be linked to, by his friends in UEFA and FIFA, as an act of government being involved in football which FIFA would punish with country disqualification. Now he has reached an agreement with Akhmetov and Co. that he will give up his position but won't be touched or he is gonna get a higher job in either UEFA or FIFA.

14. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That would actually make the NT suffer. Blokhin is the best coach for the NT, not counting the clearly out of pay-rate top stars. The NT now shows a pretty decent play, and no one is grumbling. We are playing teams like England on equal footing. Blokhin is getting the best play out of his personnel - something I knew he would.

And there is one more factor - Blokhin IS Ukrainian football. Ukrainin football does not exist without Blokhin. Blokhin is the GOD of Ukrainian football. You want a foreigner? Que in Advocaat. get the picture?

15. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I actually completely agree with that. This is the best that this UNT is capable of, they're playing at 100% of their abilities. No complaints there, he's getting the most out of these players.

16. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Miguel Veloso?

17. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Rumors, rumors and laughs...

New Reports

Although rumors about Shevchenko and MLS continue to be popular, other reports have also surfaced. The striker has been linked to a possible golf career. An alleged friend has indicated Andriy Shevchenko is interested in golf and wants to eventually qualify for the 2016 Olympics. Golf will be one of the sports that will return to the Olympic Games in 2016. However, no one has been able to confirm the latest set of rumors.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/andriy...1--mls.html;_ylt=AihpA_dZhsu_vmDa8oBXoyw5nYcB

18. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Why are we out to buy more than the usual riff-raff? The rumor has it that Grigoriy is back at the club.... I don't want to believe it, because it would make me shit my pants with happiness.

19. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Veloso is talented and has really matured over the last 2 years. Skilled passer and good at set pieces, but has also turned into a good defensive midfielder.

20. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Would he fit in Dynamo model, though? One of the few positions beyond reproach at Dynamo is the defensive midfielder, occupied by Ognyen Vukojevic, who is a leader and one of the best players on the team. Honestly, i would rather Veloso play a more attack oriented role.

21. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is actually a more effective deep-lying playmaker IMO, so I'm not sure if DK would need that for next year. But his passing skills are excellent if he has enough time on the ball and he likes to be engaged in the match and have a lot of touches.

22. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    A lot of touches during a match, or a lot of consecutive touches? Because we have a problem at DK with the latter, but I believe that's the coaches fault.

23. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant the former, as in a left footed poor man's version of Xabi Alonso.

Veloso was very highly rated several years ago at Sporting, but became very lazy and stopped developing. But he's been good for Portugal lately and supposedly had a good year on a poor Genoa side. Talent has never been an issue, but my concern would be his ability to adapt to EE climate and culture.

24. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    So, it looks like Veloso has never even heard of DK. LOL. Whatever, I mean, I welcome a quality player, that said we really need a striker a lot more than another central midfielder.

25. slavadynamo

slavadynamo Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Definitely a striker is a higher priority. I would've liked to see Hlebas (sp?) stay up with the first team, he looked quality with the youths last season and had a good couple of cameos in their warmup matches last week.