In pursuit of mediocrity; Dynamo Kiev 2012-2013 season.

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by loden, May 17, 2012.

1. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv

As someone said, if get Kranjar then we'll have 2 players who know how to play football, LOL!

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    nay

3. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Andriy Voronin is turning 33 years old this summer. I think the best option for him would be a team like Tavriya who likes vets. To be honest I would love for Voronin to go to Chornomorets and finish his career at home in Odessa. Would be awesome! I also think he would help teams like Metalurh Donetsk or Arsenal who will play in Europe this season.

4. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Hahaha.

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wtf man lol??? I was thinking a mid table Spain or Italy squad, not Metadon, Tavriya and Arsenal (Kyiv) looolllll

6. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think you are seriously overrating the potential ability of Andriy Voronin once the new season comes. Russian League in all is a bit overrated as well. I don't think he would make any sort of contribution moving to a team in Italy. Perhaps a low table team in Germany. But as I said. At his age, his best bet would be to play out his career at Chornomorets.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Usually I agree with you, but in this case I don't. You could be right but I think he's a useful player. Maybe not first 11 but still getting 20 matches a season type a guy.

8. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The fact that he isn't a first 11 player if he goes to a decent team is specifically the reason why I think he isn't gonna playon a big team. Voronin throughout his careeer always wanted to start, and even during that year in liverpool when he could have been a bench player he decided to go on loan to hertha Berlin because they guaranteed a starting position. Same thing now I think. I'm sure dynamo would love to keep him, but I have a feeling they weren't guaranteeing him a starting position for next season, which is why he is gonna move somehwere now

9. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    The thing is he has been a very low scoring forward thru his entire career, something like one goal every four games. I think most clubs with any sort of ambitions traditionally look for forwards with a higher strike rate.

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    On most teams Voronin was the second forward ("deep forward" in Blokhin-speak)

11. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So if Voronin should play at Tavriya, where does that leave Milevsky? :confused:

12. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    The putz should retire. I hate him.

13. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Tbh Milevskiy isn't a bad player. He's a pretty damn good one actually if he wants to be. The only problem with him is that he refuses to do what is asked of him in games and has big motivational problems. Surkis made the mistake of giving him too big of a salary, and now Milevskiy doesn't give a shit about anything anymore. I'm sure once there is about 1-2 years left on his contract he will start trying more.

14. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    btw Bandura, stepanenko and mandzyuk out

15. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    That to me is the ultimate definition of a bad player. His nickname should be Wasted Talent. Or as I like to call him the Putz.

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wow I didn't expect this from you.....

The only problem with him is that? He doesn't have a problem of being slow as fck? No problem having sub par leg power? No problem that he doesn't even think about having a shot on goal anywhere outside 12 yds, you can forget about outside the box (WCQ v. England as the exception). Not only that but he will never rise up and inspire the team with his play. He won't raise his intensity level and work rate, will keep pretending he's such a smooth player that he can't be bothered with doing anything but sluggishly moving around acting like he's the shit. Give me a break dude, he's a bum! You dog Voronin but can only think of one thing wrong with Milevsky and it wasn't even that bad lol wtf???

17. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Thank you Sir. He sucks. I hated his guts since the day he arrived at DK. With a face like that you just can't be a great footballer. He has no modesty, nor is he willing to work on his down sides. He stopped progressing as a player 5 years ago, how the fvk is this guy still a starter?!

18. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol I'm not defending Milevskiy, all I'm saying is that in level of play he won't give you less or more than Voronin will at this point. Milevskiy is 27 years old so he can still technically have 2-3 good seasons if he motivates himself. Voronin is 6 years older than Milevskiy, he's gonna retire soon. Like I said, Milevskiy had that one good season when he was the top scorer of the league and played pretty good in Europe that year which was like 3 years ago. Then I think Surkis gave him an extension and probably payed him too much. Ever since then he hasn't played as good. He should have moved somewhere after that season. Teams were willing to pay up to 10-12 million back then. Now they'd be lucky to get 3-4mil for him.

19. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yeah he should have moved somewhere to Europe right after 06 World Cup after tha U-21 Tournament when Ukraine finished 2nd. But as usual he stayed in Dynamo and the expected happened.
    I was hoping that some of the U-19 players that won the Tournament a couple of years ago would move to Europe, but that didn't happen.

20. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ahhh, when Milevsky was touted the Ibrahimovic of Ukraine. Almost as good as Homenyuk the Rooney of Ukraine :D

Milevsky scored half his goals from the pk spot that season and plenty more against bottom dwellers. He should've moved when he had the chance. There's no telling how long Milevsky will still play for cause he doesn't have an athletic bone in his body. He could be completely washed up in 2-3 years and retire the same time as Voronin. I can see Milevsky getting dropped from Dynamo in a couple years and ending up at Tavriya just drinking his career away in one season before they send him to the 2nd team lol that's the most likely scenario I can see his career going unless he has a breakout summer and comes back different next season

21. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    There is no way that Krancjar transfer is happening.

22. slavadynamo

slavadynamo Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  23. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  24. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
  25. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    mehh... to be honest even Messi would have difficulty at succeeding at Dynamo, because their main problem isn't as much the players that play there, but the way the club is run from the president all the way down to the coach. And both of them at the moment are absolute trash (Semin and Surkis).