"Immer nur Du VfL" Wolfsburg 10/11 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Einzelgänger, Sep 24, 2009.

1. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about Grafite? Would he not do too well in the EPL also?

2. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    There is a reason why there are hardly any brazilians in the epl and its not the weather..

3. miasanmia

miasanmia Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It will be interesting to see how the team will change during the summer.

4. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Must be the beer then ;-)

For a bit the atmosphere in the Niedersachsenstadion was very good, anticipating Braunschweig vs Wolfsburg next season, but that did not happen unfortunately... Well, congrats for staying up!

5. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    lol ye the beer in Germany is much better..

6. Mattjv

Mattjv Member

Oct 27, 2008
    AZ
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care where they send Diego, but would love to see Misimovic back. Not sure how easy it would be to get him back, especially part way through the season. The Russian league still plays over the summer like the US and Scandinavia, right?

Oh, and leave the English alone, they have some good beer like, um, uh, hmm, I guess, Newcastle Brown ale is okay. But that still doesn't make up for them exporting that crap Boddingtons to the rest of the world.

7. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Sell him back to us!!! I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be interested...He's never really been successful with any other team.

8. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    eff Diego. He had a sh tty year anyway and I'm certain was one of the "individuals" Magath was talking about.

5 years ago, I was cursing at Effenberg when I saw him at the US-Czech game.

3 years from now, I know who I'll be cursing at, if I see him in Brazil.

9. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Show me an attacking midfielder in the EPL who does run back and defend.......

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Grafite is shit. Grafite had one good season and that's all you seem to remember.

Ever heard of a "one-hit wonder?"

Methinks your boy Grafite is just that........

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Russian transfer window wouldn't matter. As long as the gaining club's transfer window is open, a deal can be done.

What VfL would have to do is convince Diego there's big money to be made in Moscow and ship him to Dynamo for Misimovic.

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let's see. The English Champions have three Brazilians on their roster as does the current second place (Chelsea) team.

The third placed team (Arsenal) doesn't, but I think that's more of a result of their being cheap than any "Brazilian Laziness" myth.

The fourth and fifth placed teams (Tottenham & Liverpool) have two each.

After that, the pickings get even slimmer.

Does this mean "English teams don't fancy Brazilians too much as most are lazy?"

I don't think so.

I think it means English teams will only employ the best Brazilian players and the best Brazilian players don't usually go to England because of the weather.

For me, saying, "English teams don't fancy Brazilians too much as most are lazy" is about the same as some stupid idiot f#cker saying, "English teams don't fancy Croatian players as most are racist assholes."

Is that true at all? No.

But some idiots say that stupid shit....... :rolleyes:

13. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There are loads of Brazilians that are hard workers (Lucas, Raffael/Fabio, Maicon, Alves, Sandro, Cacau, Ze Roberto, Lucio) to name a few.

14. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Demba Ba and Diego sure will be blacklisted by many Bundesliga clubs given their antics.

Any Bundesliga player out there who might rival Diego for the "jerk of the season" title?

So, where do you guys think Diego will play next season?

15. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Bremen would surely take him back if he wasn't that expensive.

16. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    BILD made a story, that one opponent of the Wolfsburg reserve could be run more than 8 years with Diegos salary. :eek: :D

17. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Ok how about this lazy players like Diego would flop in the Epl just like Robihno..Epl style of play doesn't really suit Brazilian style of play thats why you dont see to many brazilians in the Epl..Bundesliga and La liga is much more of a open technical football which is why you see alot more brazilians..

18. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How would Nani (I assume he is Brazilian, please correct me if I am wrong) of Manchester United do if he played in the more-open style of the Bundesliga? He seems to be doing just fine in the EPL, and I am sure that Sir Alex Ferguson or any other Man U supporter or any other manager in any of the Big 4 European football leagues for that matter, would be more than glad to have Nani in the starting 11 every Matchday for their club.

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Portuguese born in Cape Verde.

20. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info on Nani, it's a good thing I asked before jumping to a conclusion.

BTW, how is it over in Dortmund (a.k.a. Party Town)? I posted a thread about the use of pyro in the Sudtribune (I even posted a vid off of YouTube featuring what I was talking about) and was wondering if it is all pre-staged or the work of hooligans.

21. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Fabregas Gerrard Lampard they all run back and defend..VDV doesn't really to much but he plays almost like a second striker..Spurs changed there formation because VDV cannot play central mid in a 4-4-2 which spurs where playing before VDV came.. Playmaking mids like Silva and Modric also run back and defend..Scholes who is old still tackles runs back and defends but doesnt score as much as he used to..

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

None of those three are strictly attacking midfielders. Not until they got new mates to play with.

VDV is, but you admitted yourself he doesn't really too much.

And it tells me something that you only named three out of the entire league.

23. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    I counted 7 midfielders some are attacking some are more creative..Most of the Epl midfielders are destroyers or run around like chickens with no heads..If Gerard Lampard or Fabregas are not attacking mids then there is no such thing as attacking mid only central mid..Point is of all the top midfielders in the Epl only VDV doesnt run back or defend to much..

24. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    they can't send him anywhere. this isn't american sports. he'll go where he wants to and if wolfsburg refuse, he'll stay there and collect his paycheck.

the biggest reason for the relative lack of brazilians in england are the work-permit requirements. there aren't many brazilians that qualify for it. and by the time they do they are already playing for one of the big european clubs and cost a lot to get. of those brazilians that play in england, the majority have an eu passport. those who can't get it have a very hard time of getting a contract in england.

25. Mattjv

Mattjv Member

Oct 27, 2008
    AZ
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you took what I said too literally. He will be sold or released. He and Magath have huge egos, so I don't see them patching things up. They can decide to whom they will sell him. They can also send him to Wolfsburg II.