I'm older??

Discussion in 'Player' started by Hady, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Hady

Hady New Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hey guys I'm 19 years old ilive in Egypt now but I have the American nationality I'm coming after2 months I'm so talented and I wanna to play soccer but all my friends told me that I'm so old and I don't have any chance

2. Sactown Soccer

Jul 29, 2007
    Redding
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're really so talented, you still have a chance at 19. It'll be difficult, but you have a chance.

Hady repped this.
  3. football123098

Nov 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just work hard. Go to trials for pro teams. Most American teams have open trials and lower English teams do too. Good luck.

Hady repped this.
  4. Hady

Hady New Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thx guys and I hope to get a chance

5. football123098

Nov 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If your ok with playing professional indoor football there are 2 leagues in the us that hold tryouts every year. Just go to the teams website. The 2 leagues are MISL and PASL. I'd recommend the PASL even though it is considered 2 tier, it will soon become first because most MISL teams are moving to PASL.

6. Hady

Hady New Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I ll live in newyourk I ll attend a pdl tryout or nasal team try out I hope to get the chance to play on the mls that's my dream then the national team aim dreaming lOl , and thx for ur answer

7. football123098

Nov 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The usl pro is another league to consider (3rd tier). I share the aspirations as you do. If I'm don't reach the top level i'm going to try to play for a national team like US Virgin Islands because as an American you are eligible to play for the US, US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, etc.

8. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Players who continue to train usually don't peak until their mid-20s, so you're not too old. However, just for a dose of reality here, if you don't already play at a high level, then I'd look to start at the amateur level in the US (PDL or NASL are good options as you mentioned). You might want to check out this thread in the "Soccer in the USA" forum as posters address similar questions over and over again from many internationals over the years: https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/...nt-to-play-soccer-in-the-us-trials-etc.89785/

9. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If you really are talented you should have a player resume playing in Egypt. Go to an open tryout of one of the MLS teams. If they like you your made. If you can become a starter you can have a career here.

Don't go out for one of the lower division teams that they have here. There is no money in it. Plus no one that I know is scouting these teams for players to play in the MLS. But before you get that MLS tryout go out for one of these teams to stay sharp until the tryout. You can add that team to your resume especially if you can become a starter on that team.

Also I am pretty sure if you can really play. One of those lower club teams can help you out with a job from a team sponser to supplement your income. They also know the importance of a player getting to his team practices.

Good luck

10. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just saw that your moving to New York is that New York city? If so the Brooklyn Italians have Usl team Lucio is the coach. He is a prick but he does want to win above anything else. I know that bozo can get you a job if he thinks you can help his team win. I hate that guy but in your case he is a good person to know.

Go out for the MLS ny red bulls they play out of NJ. Don't tell Lucio about it.

11. Hady

Hady New Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah newyourk , exactly in long island

12. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #12 nicklaino, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    When will you get in? Are you game fit more or less long island Roughriders are having an open tryout on April 19. Call them if you will be here by then go to the try out. Push yourself get a lot of ball touches before then. Day of the try out get at least 400 touches before the tryout starts.

Think about your off ball positioning keep your mind on that, you will be tired less. They have a name club good luck. Again don't mention that you want to tryout with the RedBulls with anyone in the rough rider organization.

13. Hady

Hady New Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    thx for ur answer my father told me about this team long island rough rider , i play here in egypt in a good team in the A-Leauge but i left the club from 6 months cuz i need to study hard my marks so bad lol , my father told me they havenot a good player , i want to ask u about some thing i will play for that club for a season and my age will be 20 , then how i will get into a mls team ?

14. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Too old? Nah , id say if your approaching 22-23 and your still in sunday league, then your too old. Push yourself as much as possible and go to open tryouts

15. purprdarkr

purprdarkr New Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Basel
    Club:
    --other--
    Very good answers in here, if you don´t mind I will use this topic to ask more questions.
    In your opinion if a player in playing in a PDL team as the island Roughriders, and want a tryout in New york Redbulls, would it be a good idea to contact new york redbull with some videos of the player playing in island Roughriders and ask for a tryout or ask for a scout from new york redbulls to watch this player next match?

I see that OP wants to turn pro, but no one recomended playing college soccer, is playing college soccer not worth it nowadays? Would it be best to play in PDL or NSPL only and tryout for MLS best? Or even play at USL Pro and try to transfer of get tryout for MLS teams?

16. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Go at it like your looking for a job in the real world.

Make a player resume mention the teams you played for. You can mention you are a starter for those teams and any honors you won while playing for the team. Called the RedBulls and ask when are they having open tryouts. Send them the resume. I doubt if they would send a scout to watch you play.

We had connections with the Metrostars while I was coaching. The head of NY amature soccer here in NY was Sal Rapalia is a friend of mine. His son worked for the Metrostars. Plus their were two clubs that had a connection to the Metrostars one in Brooklyn and one on long island.

Plus I was a friend of one of the old coaches of the Metrostars. So that helped get certain players a tryout with them.

I know no one with the RedBulls.

-----
    I never recommend a prospective player to play college first. There is college draft in the MlS. You have to be Div 1 player at a good soccer school. Frankly most of my players were terrible students :)

Might try contacting the USSF located in Chicago. There are scouts they have their names if you want to play in an eastern block country like Romania. They might have names of scouts connected with MLS teams as well it seems likely.

------

In baseball if you are a great player and go to a very good college baseball school, and your a dominate player. You can be drafted by a mayor league team after your sophomore year.

17. purprdarkr

purprdarkr New Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Basel
    Club:
    --other--
    Thank you for the answer.

So you recommend joining an amateur league like PDL or NSPL and then ask for tryout in MLS teams or try to find an agent, is there any other amateur league that you recommend?
    What about playing in USL Pro and then asking for tryouts on MLS?

18. Effington

Effington Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hey guys, I'm not in the business but I thought I'd throw out what I'd heard. The open tryouts are more of a publicity stunt to raise money and awareness. If they ever pick someone, it's because they have a spectacular resume already. If you really, really impress, they may recommend you for their development team, but there's virtually no money there, just the carrot that you may one day make the senior team. And what's that net you? Last I checked, the home-grown players that make the first team are making like $40k a year.

19. Nero935

Nero935 Red Card

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No you don't have a chance don't waste your time

20. Mahmoud

Mahmoud New Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm 18 and from Egypt as well... except that I live there.

Never trained football, only played at school. I have no talent whatsoever except in defense. Very unfit, 5'8", lower-than-average strength. The only thing I have is sheer determination to go pro.
    I have been working on my fitness in the summer and I am planning on joining an academy this fall. I would like to ask if there is any slither of hope in becoming a football player. I am prepared to sacrifice anything and train as many hours as required to fulfill this dream. Might I add that my dream was always to play for AC Milan, however if I become a 2nd division player by the age of 23 I would be ecstatic (2nd division in Egypt probably equates to 4th tier football in the UK).
    I would like to know if anyone did this before. Is it possible? Am I completely out of my mind?

21. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really can't tell if that last one is serious or a parody.

Jonny98 repped this.
  22. Felipe Strambi Clemente

Sep 15, 2014
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    If you're a good player, never is late. Just try.

football123098 repped this.