I'm from country X and want to play Soccer in the US (trials, etc)

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by jeroen, Sep 8, 2003.

1. jeroen

jeroen New Member

Sep 8, 2003
    the netherlands
    hello,

Im from the netherlands
    im playing soccer also over here
    but what i want is to come to the USA to play soccer.
    firt i want it for a couple off month next year in the summer.
    but if there is a chance by a proffecional club, maybe not in the highest leaque, i want to stay.

but now i want somebody who can help me or can give me adresses.

im 21 years old
    i had played in my youth most off times at the highest leaque.
    like against feyenoord,ajax,vitesse etc.
    it was by a amature club.

more information later...

greetings jeroen from the netherlands

2. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
  3. jeroen

jeroen New Member

Sep 8, 2003
    the netherlands
    i know its diffecult
    but if you dont try you have nothing!

i had played against a team in my youth from amerika
    selection team from a state, but i dont remember were they were from.
    but they told us that the level we were playing is like a professional in amerika.
    so it not that i want to stay there but i want look how it is now. just curious
    ofcourse, when they say do you want to play here i will think about it.

i get payed now but its not for living
    its only when we win the game you get money.
    its to motivate you more and more

i know one man from my club
    he is a youth trainer in amerika but i have to look were he is training
    i will see tomorrow then i have soccer training.

thank you for your reply

greetings jeroen

4. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    go to http://ussocceruk.com/ and email the man named Chris Bergin there. that is what the site is for.

although i will say if your not good enough to be in a dutch lower division side dont expect to make a good USA team.

5. jeroen

jeroen New Member

Sep 8, 2003
    the netherlands
    in holland you have only 2 divisions at professional
    im amature now but at a high lever were also ex proffecionals are playing and i know the amature soccer teams are good over here in holland
    but i dont say that i can play at the level in the USA
    but i will see how they playing

6. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    ok well check out that site and give the guy an email

7. Delpz

Delpz New Member

Sep 8, 2003
    London, England
    Your probably overqualified to play in MLS pal, have you watched the stuff? great entertainment, for all the wrong reasons! There are pub teams in England with more knowledge and ability than some of the atrocities playing in the states

8. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    I want get contact with somebody who can help me!!!

intelligent post, care to explain why?

9. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: I want get contact with somebody who can help me!!!

A Eurotroll. I suggest you ignore.

HartwickFan repped this.
  10. OnTheSidelines

OnTheSidelines New Member

11. Delpz

Delpz New Member

Sep 8, 2003
    London, England
    Re: Re: I want get contact with somebody who can help me!!!

I wouldn't ignore the Europeans if I were you, thats where the best football in the world is played.
    I watched a game the other week, Metrostars against Mutiny I think, I couldn't believe it. For a start Hristo Stoichkov who will be 79 this year was in the starting line up. He couldn't hope to get into a 2nd division team in any European league outside Luxembourg anymore. John Spencer is also there, and I know for certain that he couldn't get into the 2nd division here.
    There are a few talents coming through such as Landon Donovan. But the bulk of your players seem all to concerned with pulling of fancy footwork, there is no psychology behind it. Thats the key thing, the MLS Coaches don't have football brains. Which suprises me how well your national team play, I see them getting better by the year. But MLS really is a shambles. Has been European players, never going to be, second rate South American players and over eager US Youngsters.

If any of you disagree with me (which I'm sure all of you will). I will be happy to watch games of your recommendation that prove me wrong. So please direct me to them.

12. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    And seaman is so young? He's on your Nats.

The Mutiny folded in January of 2002, so it wasn't them. And Hristo has only ever played for Chicago and DC. If the game was from this year, it was DC. If the game involved Metro, last week they played New England (but not Stoichkov's DC). That game was a horrible one, played in a downpour.

MLS soccer isn't EPL, but that same metrostar team (that is currently in bad form) just sent it's keeper to ManU with good (though early) results.

MLS is a growing league. Surely the English can realize that it will take a while for the league to improve it's class, but the National Team success is a direct result of the growth of MLS. The US pre MLS had a limited talent pool of european based players. MLS has given that pool depth and quality. Our best players will continue to go overseas to play in more competitive leagues, as they should, but we are getting much better.

And if you had a choice between Friedel and Seaman, who would you take?

Let's try to get this back on topic and leave the trolling for world rivalries.

13. Delpz

Delpz New Member

Sep 8, 2003
    London, England
    Freidal any day of the week, I'd take him or Howard over any of our keepers. Thats what surprises me though. Your national team is growing into a fine one, but your league seems lame in comparsion. Whats with all these point scores anyway? can anyone explain them to me? Also I was lost when the announcer shouted "PK", is that supposed to be his call for a penalty? it was a riot listening to him though

14. Scoey

Scoey Member

Oct 1, 1999
    Portland
    Nobody would dispute that. Our league is lame compared to our national team. Our league doesn't play at the highest level. This isn't news to anybody. You might as well come on here and talk about how garvity is the force that keeps us from floating into space. I consider myself a die-hard MLS fan, but not because it's sparkling, superb soccer. I love MLS because it's American players, playing my favorite sport, and it gets better and stronger every year. It's our baby and we're watching it grow up. It's exciting for it's potential and promise -- not because it is top-level soccer. It's not as bad as you imply, though.

HartwickFan repped this.
  15. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Re: Re: I want get contact with somebody who can help me!!!

Something about an attack by 365 on Friday.

Wasn't there a thread like this a while back by some French dude?

16. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is?

17. Delpz

Delpz New Member

Sep 8, 2003
    London, England
    No, I can assure you he isn't!

18. Octavio from Brazil

Octavio from Brazil New Member

Dec 17, 2003
    I need some Help please guys...

Hey you guys...
    My name is Octavio, im 18 years old and im from Brazil.

At the beginning of 2004 im going to USA to study some english, but..i also wanna play soccer..

Here in Brazil the teams perform a kind of test with the youngsters. Here in Brazil this is nationally known as “Peneiras”.
    What happens in the so called “Peneiras” is all the ones trying out play individually in a match amongst themselves, the ones who calls the most attention get to play in the club, in time they are selected for the professional team.
    Anyway I would like to know if MLS does something sililar, and if yes, could you please explain to me how it works ?

Thank you very much!

Yours sincerely,
    Octavio Barbosa

19. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
  20. rickyuk

rickyuk New Member

Jan 5, 2004
    Trials?

Hi all,

I am currently living in the UK and playing soccer at youth level. I had a brief spell playing professional but it didn't quite work out.

I was just wondering what the process was for getting a trial for a team in the MLS. I dont know too much about it so was just wondering if anyone could help me - popular teams - best places to go and play - trial days etc.

Would appreciate any feedback possible.

Cheers

21. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  22. rickyuk

rickyuk New Member

Jan 5, 2004
    Cheers

Also, does anybody know of any contacts for the teams in the lower divisions?

23. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  24. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  25. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    exactly.

I'm wondering if this should be a sticky, though perhaps in the Players forum. Like a thread just for foreigners wanting to play in the US. We seem to get 1 or 2 of you guys a month, and it would likely help out. Any thoughts?