NSR: "If you can't join them, beat them...literally."

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't worry you are not the only one as this industry has the tendency to cram their releases into the end of the year. :rolleyes:

2. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hmm wonder why so many are into "Uncharted"? Played the first one and didn´t even finish it, because I got so tired of shooting people... felt to me like being a lunatic on a killing spree on an island, where nobody can escape...

3. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    my buddy keeps talking about Dead Island, any one play it yet? I cant wait for the new Battlefield.

4. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    EQ, if you're a fan of the previous EA Sports FIFA games you will not be disappointed.

5. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I find the career mode sucks when you're being a player, the AI on your own team is incredibly stupid. case in point, I'm playing as Schweini and before the season even starts the management sold Gomez and Robben, and it plays the 4-5-1 formation with Mueller as the lone striker. needless to say, Schweini is the highest scorer on the team, only one other goal for the team, and it was Boateng from a corner. you lose match rating as the other team possesses the ball for long periods, but they never come even near my position, always stay on the opposite touch line, and my team mates wont pressure or steal the ball usually.

I usually just cover the guy near my CDM position then when we get the ball, move forward as a withdrawn striker

other than that, fantastic game.

6. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know exactly what you mean lol.

7. bhzrd543

bhzrd543 Member

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    i always found that the game modes other than career mode team manager suck....be a goal keeper or be a player are terrible and usually very very boring lol

i dont own fifa 2012 yet...but I have played it and I was very impressed....the only criticism I have is that the new impact/collision engine is very funny sometimes......hummels was flying like superman for 2 seconds when I versed the Dutchies :D

8. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Congratulations to Vettel!;)

9. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some jerk decided that they would use the DC Metro as a way to commit suicide today... during rush hour. Thanks so much!

10. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That sucks! Happens here occasionally too that someone is using the railway tracks for such a "stunt"

11. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That sucks Nekki.

I remember that. If that happened my dad would be so delayed in getting home.

However, the whole issue of that has taken on a new meaning since the The Enke suicide.

12. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sure it has and I don't want to belittle what makes people to take their life

13. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I was not implying that. I know you did not. Just mentioned that I think about that more now. I have other friends and acquaintances who have had someone very close to them commit suicide. It truly sucks. For everyone. And there are still many out there who think that it was some kind of weakness that the person could not overcome.:(

14. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Totally agree.

Which is why (no offense to nekki, I know it's frustrating), it bothers me when people complain about how they're "inconvenienced" when someone made their commute home a little longer because they jumped in front of a train. This person had serious problems. Problems much more serious than getting home late.

15. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And as usual nobody thinks about the poor engineer that may be traumatized for the rest of his life because some jackass had to kill himself that way.

I acknowledge that most suicides most likely had a severe mental illness but people tend to forget the second victim of their acts.

16. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That is why I said that it sucks for EVERYONE. Bystander, friend, family, paramedics, doctors, nurses, etc...

But if anyone really considers suicide as a way out then that is truly tragic. People who actually follow through are not really thinking about things the way you and I generally do. No hope, lot of dispair, and a lot of pain. Usually it's not something sudden. They have lived with it for a long time.

17. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My grandfather used to drive transport trucks across North America, and he had someone down in the states jump from behind a sign in front of him. Was pretty shaken up for quite a while after that. I donèt understand why some people feel the need to make someone else suffer if they want to off themselves.

18. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Although you bring up a good point, you still refer to the suicide-victim as a "jackass," because he/she failed to consider how their suicide would affect others around them (including the engineer). It's not that simple, however.

And yes, it's terrible that the engineer has to live the rest of his life with this horrible event in his head. But at least he's still alive.

19. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    They don't see it as a "need." It's not like they're perfectly rational, logical people. Like others said, they have an illness; their frame of mind is totally different from "normal" people.

20. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    or the people that have body parts in their garden as it happened to some in my area

22. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

and what is a "normal" person? your sentiment can also be applied to psychopaths.

at its heart, suicide is a selfish act, and that is often why it is undertaken so publicly.

23. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You can't say they have in illness, some may have a mental illness, but not all. Just because someone wants to off themselves does not mean they are necessarily ill. We will never find out why some people commit suicide

24. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In my opinion people who commit suicide deserve no feelings of remorse or sadness from us. What they did is extremely selfish and causes immense emotional pain for everyone involved. So ******** that guy.

25. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think that there's a difference between someone who 'commits suicide' as a way to get attention and someone who kills him or herself to end a life of physical or psychological pain. Both of these types can suffer from mental illness, but for the latter type the pain they cause others is an unavoidable side effect of ending their own suffering.