NSR: "If you can't join them, beat them...literally."

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dude....you can't base your views of 'religion' on the ding-dongs you see on TV Church on Sunday mornings. Those guys preach 'prosperity gospel' trying to tell folks that if they follow God they'll get rich. And oh, by the way, you gotta send me (the preacher) your money so I can put gas in my private jet to go watch the Lakers play tonight after church. Idiots... How can I get rich off of God? Really?

I'm tellin' ya dude....come visit me in SC one weekend, I'll take you to church and have you converted in a jiffy....just sayin'.... My church and my religion ain't nothing like the crap on tv. It's real people living in a real world with real problems in life and a real faith. And ain't nobody better than anybody else....

My religion talk here is done.... ::hops down off of box and walks away::

2. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Live and let live.

Even though I'd say that we're all reasonably educated people it is obvious to me why people killed each other over religions for thousands of years and continue doing so. Just look how easily worked up people get over matters of faith, god, believe, etc in this thread.

Well whatever.

I generally try not to get worked up about any matter. Just ain't worth the effort.

3. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Bad Scotch?

4. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know this is a totally random comment but I feel its important for some people to know

I am a college student-athlete who does not drink. I get excluded from many things because of that but I wouldn't change who I am. To anyone that reads this comment who is facing peer pressure it isn't worth it, stick to your guns and your values

5. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why don't you drink? You can drink alcohol without taking it to excesses...

6. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    An ascetic!!!111

"Makes the sign of the cross thrice and changes the side of the road..."

Just kidding. Do what you want to do but please don't elevate yourself to something "better" than us poor sinners. There's nothing worse than crossing paths with a missionary ascetic (or vegan...).

By the way while we're talking about booze. I read an article in Der Spiegel that stated that there is certain genome in the human body that about ~40% of the western population possess. This genome supposedly increases the risk of becoming addicted to alcohol. Other people who don't have it can drink basically as much as they like without getting addicted.

Considering my history with alcohol and the fact that I repeatedly stopped drinking at all for several months just because I just didn't feel the need to makes me assume that I'm not belonging to the 40%...

Edit: by the way the chief secretary just had her 30th anniversary where I work and we IT personnel got an entire "Prinzregententorte" (basically a delicious cake...) for ourself, because we always helped the secretaries out. You can ignore the rest but don't scew around with the chief secretary's. They can make your life a living hell making sure that all sucking requests have your name on it.

SoccerMIGermany repped this.
  7. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just watched the Freddy Mercury Tribute VHS my father recorded. Legendary...David Bowie and Annie Lennox, Elton John and Axl Rose...etc.

8. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In the words of an icon, "Mm, I love scotch. I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down. Down into my belly. Mm-mm-mm."

but in other, more important news, this:

Dr.Phil repped this.
  9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Brutal road rage London style..

shealygg repped this.
  10. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    bloody cyclists, they think they own the road.

11. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I got a lot of bday presents...but the one I'm enjoying the most right now is the fresh Milanese Panettone cake from an original Italian cake bakery...heavenly!

12. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and I'm enjoying a delightful double spiced rum and coke after a long day at work. Even though I've never heard of what you're talking about, we'll call it even ;)

13. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just had dinner at a friends place (45th birthday) and afterwards we had a Laphroaig (famous whisky brand) whisky tasting

I really don't remember if we had them that way because I wasn't the host and we partially made some blind tasting but they are mostly amazing Single Malt Scotchs. My favorite for the low price of 30-35€ is definitely the Quarter Cask and the 10 year old cask strength. Older is not always better. ;)

Laphroiag 10 year old
    Laphroaig Quarter Cask
    Laphroaig Tripple Wood
    Laphroiag 10 year old cask strength (55,x % alcohol)
    Laphroiag 18 year old

Watching the Bayern game after 15-20cl of Whisky will be funny I assume. My Governess got already annoyed as I tried to explain her the varying influences of the different cask maturation that is going on with these whisky's... :p

So yeah I'm taking the piss on you guys. :D

14. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US, and those amis living abroad.

Cris 09 repped this.
  15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They won by one TD, and they almost choked and lost it in the 4th quarter, I wouldn't call that "owning" them.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  17. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I made that in the first half. :)) Bottom line, I dont really watch the other football

18. GarmischaBua

GarmischaBua Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Redskins v Cowboys on a holiday associated with American history, specifically Native relations to white settlers? These things can't be coincidences, right?

19. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    then what's the angle on the Pats-Jets and Texans-Lions games on Thursday?

20. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is the NSR thread, NSR=Not Soccer Related.

21. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I know that.... I must've hit the wrong thread, sometimes it does that which is frustrating as hell...

Can mods move this to team news?

22. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what were you thinking brotha? lol. check out the abortion in the uniform thread about fine whiskey.

23. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone have an opinion on what the nba com did to the spurs?

A 250k fine for the spurs because our coach rested his big 3. He sent them home before the Miami heat game.
    Our bench players almost beat the full loaded heat in their own court and almost sent a shock wave of embarrassment across the league..

So stern got his panties in a bunch and fined the spurs..

Is this all about money or the love of the game??

He opened a can of worms now, because now the nba gets to regulate how many mins a player must play? At what time and at what game? Are they going to look at every team now and dictate to the coaches what they can and can't do???

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

I fully support what pop and the spurs did..

24. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You mean people actually watch basketball where you are from? Geez, there mustn't be a lot of stuff to do around there if you're bored enough to watch basketball.

That being said, I think it's stupid to fine a team for playing whatever players they wanted to play. Sure, fans will be pissed that they didnt see the team's big names play, but what message does that tell the other players. "you're garbage, so we're gonna fine your team for playing you."

Dhajj repped this.
  25. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In San Antonio is spurs city... That's all they live for.