If they take out the chiva name will you still support this team?

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by U.S Chiva, Apr 5, 2012.

1. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Oh, so that's why you aren't objective. Don't forget your knee pads.

2. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    jajajaja! don’t hate
    Been around to long and have EARNED their respect and trust. Because of what I do
    NOT BECAUSE OF what I post K-t-ME
    Just so you can imagine…. to the point that we have sat down with the ownership/ coaching staff showing us and explaining us what is the game plan short and long term .. But then again you have never been to the HDC so you would no know.

[​IMG]

Ok if you decide to come next game here is what I can do for you my “Chivabrother”
    1- if you don’t have a ride -Rey misterio- would gladly pick you up
    2- you would get to ride in the Ultramobile 2004 Scion Chiaaaw
    3- if you don’t have money the Ultras would be more than happy to donate a ticket for you
    4- you would have a personalized stadium tour by –Rey Misterio-
    5- beer is on the Ultras
    6- a Chivas USA scarf
    7- all make sure you have at least 1 minute to talk to the big boss
    8- will take you to the Union Ultras exclusive after party bar
    9- I would drive you home safe
    All that just for you ….that is more than what Chivas USA is offering to their season ticket holders !! I’m sure you would be a happy camper after that
    [​IMG]

EastLAChiva repped this.
  3. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Ok if you decide to come next game here is what I can do for you my “Chivabrother”
    1- if you don’t have a ride -Rey misterio- would gladly pick you up
    2- you would get to ride in the Ultramobile 2004 Scion Chiaaaw
    3- if you don’t have money the Ultras would be more than happy to donate a ticket for you
    4- you would have a personalized stadium tour by –Rey Misterio-
    5- beer is on the Ultras
    6- a Chivas USA scarf
    7- all make sure you have at least 1 minute to talk to the big boss
    8- will take you to the Union Ultras exclusive after party bar
    9- I would drive you home safe
    All that just for you ….that is more than what Chivas USA is offering to their season ticket holders !! I’m sure you would be a happy camper after that
    [​IMG][/quote]

Damn rey, I have been a disgruntled fan for a few years now. How do I get that package? Oh wait...i've been to the Home depot center to watch the goats recently....damn. almost had it.

4. Truhero

Truhero Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Section 101
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sodi,

you come by next time to Lot 13 with the Ultras look for Truhero and I will at least invite you to the beer!

5. Ktulusnightmare

Nov 24, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    i like the dodgers. i sometimes watch or attend an angels game, i don't do it as often as with the dodgers. i don't buy their merchandise but i like to keep up with them. i don't budget my time and money for them but if i have extra i will gladly give some of it to the franchise. i like supporting a hometown team.

i like the lakers, i can't afford the tickets so i used to buy clipper tickets when good teams came to town. can't do that now.

i'm a kings fan but i would gladly watch any team live, you just can't beat live hockey, even if i have to drive 35 miles to anaheim to catch the ducks.

i see nothing wrong with a person liking two teams in the same sport in the same league. if my second choice team wins a championship i don't go out and celebrate like the end of the world but enjoy it.

i, like many of you, grew up watching other soccer leagues before mls came about so i have other teams i like to watch. i watch any barcelona, real madrid, arsenal, bayern munich, and ajax game i can get my hands on. i even watch some fmf action, its pretty good. if one of those teams comes to an area near me i will gladly pay the hiked up price to see them play.

like all people who watch mls we all support our teams and those teams have slowly but surely become number 1 in our hearts.

heck, i even like to watch other mls games not featuring my mls team. rest assured that when they face my team i will be cheering just for my team.

so as you see i am a sucker for good sport and hometown teams.

however in no way do i ever want to help financially, vocally or time wise chivas usa at its current form. i would gladly catch a few games, i would keep up with them in the news and few dates a year attend some of the best games if they rebranded. if the name change occurred i would like to spend some of my money on this theoretical new team. i'm not a person that thinks they have to have "L.A." somewhere in there. it doesn't have to be in english, it can even be a corporate name. i just want something with its own identity and history.

i do want a second team in l.a. to flourish. i do not know if the higher ups of this team have seen what l.a. did to the dodgers last year. i hope that the current fans of this team continue speaking with their wallets about this issue. i know the non fans have.

the marketing this organization has done has been divisive, misguided and has turned off many would be fans. i feel bad for the loyal fans of this club because they have to bear a lot of incompetence. if this team rebrands you can count me in as a new fan, a casual one but never the less more than they currently have.

here is to hope.

6. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Cool thread. On topic please.

Wouldn't mind to take out Chivas out of the name. Keep the red and white as a symbol of our roots.

Add LA to the name please.

CTS26 repped this.
  7. Truhero

Truhero Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Section 101
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm fine with a CD los angeles with Chivas USA as the nickname

EastLAChiva and CTS26 repped this.
  8. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THE THREAD IS NOW RELEVANT

9. dundee9

dundee9 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Why would they leave LA? Garber says the new ownership group will be committed to LA. Besides, a soccer team in DTLA is a gold mine. The communities surrounding DTLA and all the communities across the LA river are all huge soccer hotspots.

10. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I never said they were leaving. I said I would stop caring if they left.