If nations had to team up as "allies" in Women's Football, which side would they be on?

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by WPS_Movement, Mar 21, 2014.

1. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I'm assuming many of the UEFA teams would stick together.
    But not all of them.

And of course, not all of them would be willing to share trade secrets with one another.
    Europe has had their share of a complicated past. Especially in old Yugoslavia, etc.

I'm thinking Germany and Japan would stay together, and USA would somehow be on the other side.
    Brazil would probably join with USA. At this point, Russia would go with Germany/Japan, because Russia isn't in the mood to help out the U.S. (and vice versa). I think England and France would join with USA/Brazil as well. Mexico as well. Australia and New Zealand too. China would go with Germany/Japan. Same for North Korea. South Korea would probably go in the opposite direction of North Korea (and Japan). Therefore, South Korea joins with the USA/Brazil side.

Sweden is an interesting choice. I see them going with Germany though. But they would still want to be friends with the USA/Brazil side too. Norway would go with Sweden. Same for the rest of the Scandinavia and northern ice Euro nations (Denmark, Iceland, etc). Netherlands would want to be on the opposite side of Germany. Their men's rivalry in football would help spark that even more.

Here's how I see it playing out:

Allies: USA, Brazil, France, England, Canada, Mexico, Australia, NZ, S-Korea, Argentina, Dutch, Nigeria
    Axis: Germany, Japan, Italy, Spain, China, N-Korea, Russia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Swiss

Now, if you took the best players from each of those nations and put them on the Axis team vs. the Allies team, to be settled on the pitch, then it would be a very even match. It would be very entertaining. :)

Disclaimer: Contrary to what some might believe, this is not intended to start a world war or anything. This is all in good fun, and would be a fascinating fantasy football match to watch on the field. Although I doubt FIFA would endorse this idea.

2. weelilbit

weelilbit Member

Nov 14, 2013
    You are, once again, being incredibly offensive. Just please stop, this is really getting out of hand.

3. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    someone needs to find a new hobby.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    this is all messed up, wps! Canada hates Sydney Leroux, they thinks she's a traitor & eagerly start ww 3 over her. fancy them coming to our side.

France pastime of scouring the countryside and digging up truffles will never work with out passion of going hunting and shooting everything in sight! that is one dangerous combination, and besides with their arrogant table manners, can you see them sitting down for din-din with honey boo boo?

and why on earth would send all those hot Scandinavian blonds over to the Axis? shame shame shame!

on the other hand we could get Germany on our side, We'll get David Hasselholff to serenade them with a song or two; they'll be putty in our hands!

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  5. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Yes, that is a bit of an understatement. We have a fairly long sometimes shared history (over one millenium just counting back to when the current countries started to form) and most of it wars.
    But your split is mostly based on recent history (WW2 and later), so not very realistic at all.
    Europe have apart from keeping together and splitting up in lots of small units just three (or two since two of the three often keep together) natural splits.
    East: Christened and cultured from Constantinopel, Orthodox, Slavic, former communism
    West that is two parts sometimes keeps together sometimes not;
    South: Christened and cultured from Rom under Roman administration, Catholic, Latin, a bit more agricultural than the North but less so than the East
    North: Christened and cultured from Rom but not under Roman administration,Protestant, Germanic, High-tech
    Note that the geographical names is only descriptions of where most of those countries is situated (not all is) and that some countries is not fully in one of the groups that mean they can in different times and organizations be part of a different one of the sets.
    But the Dutch would almost certainly be on the same side as North(Scandinavian/German) side ( for and while England is strong enough linked to the US that it may choice those ties over their European links (to the North and South block mentioned), France isn't they would most likely be with the South (Spain, Italy) or less likely the North.

[Yes, I had some time to kill :) ]

6. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Did you not read the Disclaimer?

Disclaimer: Contrary to what some might believe, this is not intended to start a world war or anything. This is all in good fun, and would be a fascinating fantasy football match to watch on the field. Although I doubt FIFA would endorse this idea.

7. weelilbit

weelilbit Member

Nov 14, 2013
    You're right, as long as I post "this isn't meant to be homophobic!" I can definitely go and start a post asking why all WoSo players look like/act like ********ing dykes. (Says the gay girl, calm thyself.) Disclaimers are the formal version of "I'm not racist, but..."/"I'm not sexist, but..."/"I'm not homophobic, but..."

And G, SiberianThunderT and lunatica repped this.
  8. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brazil and Venezuela wouldn't have a thing to do with the USA.

This isn't about WWs but the Bush Quest for Oil. Also, Marta would leverage Brazil to Sweden's side.

9. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    But why only two sides of "conflict"? I don't get it.
    In soccer it would look much more natural to have 3/4 at least.

10. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    #10 WPS_Movement, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    Your wish just got granted.

Stars & Stripes Squad: USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, South Korea, Netherlands
    GermAsian Team: Germany, France, Japan, North Korea, China, Russia, Switzerland, Ireland
    ScandaBraz Club: Sweden, Norway, Brazil, Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Venezuela, Costa Rica
    AfroGlare Tribe: Nigeria, Ghana, Spain, Italy, Argentina, Colombia, South Africa, Chile

Semifinal #1: Stars & Stripes Squad vs. AfroGlare Tribe
    Semifinal #2: GermAsian Team vs. ScandaBraz Club

Stars & Stripes = Light Blue, White, & Deep Purple kit
    GermAsian Team = Cardinal Red, Silver, & Pink kit
    ScandaBraz Club = Black, Neon Orange, & Lime Green kit
    AfroGlare Tribe = Gold/Yellow & Maroon kit

lukephan repped this.
  11. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    That's MUCH better, I can easily picture that! :thumbsup:

12. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Exactly. And it's all in good fun, as I mentioned earlier.
    I will submit the idea to FIFA. If I hear back, I'll let everyone know.
    But I think each nation should be able to choose which alliance they gravitate toward.