Id2 recommendation ?

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by marjen, Dec 22, 2012.

1. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

He still has not got back to me

2. bernardo007

bernardo007 New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Maybe he's not send anything. It's ok , but maybe they are in holidays , the MLS starts in march... But the youth MLS championship i don't know ..

3. jeremys_dad

jeremys_dad Member

NYC Football Club
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Big Easy
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Didn't know US Club's Id2 had any open try out and thought it was an invitational through recommendations. We would have schlepped our son for sure to a try out. This year they are after 99's and J is a 98. Whats the real skinny here? Open tryouts or just invites? Any idea when the next open Id2 tryouts for 98's are going to be on the east coast?? Going through the ODP gristmill is agonizing in more ways then one. At least we waited till this year.

Thanks !!.

4. Mirzam

Mirzam Member

Jan 21, 2010
    @Dick's
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think they offer open try-outs. The camps are by invitation only.

I know one of the '99 boys from my DS's club attended a camp in AZ back in December. I don't know how he was selected. He, like my DS, attends the US Soccer Training Centers for our area, so maybe that is how he was selected?

Maybe you can have J's coach/DOC fill in the recommendation form and submit it.

http://www.usclubsoccer.org/main.aspx?sec_id=16&guid=f264502d-c128-47d4-8cdb-f1426d0023eb

5. jeremys_dad

jeremys_dad Member

NYC Football Club
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Big Easy
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. Mirzam

Mirzam Member

Jan 21, 2010
    @Dick's
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Crap (the not getting back to you). Has your son attended any of the US Soccer Training Centers so that have been able to have a look at him?

7. rhrh

rhrh Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    My understanding is that if they are looking for 99s, they are ONLY looking for 99s and *possibly* a few very talented 00s. I do not think therefore they would consider a 98.

Also know MANY talented kids, national team level, who were snubbed because they belonged to the "wrong club".

8. Mirzam

Mirzam Member

Jan 21, 2010
    @Dick's
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Most of the Training Centers are for 99/00s, however, there are some for older players. My DS has one this Sunday for 99/00s. If it is anything like the last one in December, they combine the ages and group by technical skill.

The invitations to the training centers do come via the club, so playing for a "wrong club" could well be a factor.

http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Youth/Player-Identification/Schedule/01-2013.aspx

9. mdc00

mdc00 Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends on where you are. Here in the Boston area, the NTCs seem to skew a little older. There's one next weekend for 96-99, there was one in Nov. that was the same, and the ones before that (in May and June) were for 95-97.

And that's what might be most relevant to J's Dad since, IIRC, he is in Burlington, VT. If his son is invited to an NTC, it would probably be one in Boston. I can't see them trekking up to Burlington.

10. jeremys_dad

jeremys_dad Member

NYC Football Club
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Big Easy
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Friday, I wrote the organization a sales letter, and asked they forward to the U-15 coach, as there was no email for him there. Jeremy called our local club, high school and college coaches and left messages with them and that e-mail address. Will let you folks know about responses if any. They must get tons of recommendations to have to weed through.

11. falbe10

falbe10 New Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The ID2 program is base on invitations, those invitations are sent after a player is scouted following a recomendation for a Coach or DOC. They are whowever PDP Camps that are set up by US Club soccer, where in

12. falbe10

falbe10 New Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ID2 program is base on invitations, those invitations are sent after a player is scouted following a recommendation for a Coach or DOC. There are however PDP Camps that are set up by US Club soccer which involves players from the Pre Academy leagues sponsor by them, where the best performers are invited into the ID2 Camps. my son Christian, was invited and attended two successive ID2 camps in a row, the first in Casa Grande, AZ with the 97's & 98's in 2010 and the second at Frisco, TX with the 98's and 99's in 2011. He was selected to the International tour 18 man team , which traveled to Spain last February. The beauty of the program, is that they practice the non apolitical rule, Christian former Club in the states was not affiliated with US Club soccer. The only expense we had was to get C to the nearest airport, US Club took care of everything from there, unlike our experience with ODP in which money was required for everything. Jeremy's dad, this year cycle calls for the 99's and 00's.

13. rhrh

rhrh Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm a bit confused. Was he invited when on a pre-academy team, or are you saying that he was not on a team at all when recruited? Also, did they recommend on their own, or did you ask his coach to recommend him?

The ID2 program near us is very political, there are two excellent players who have been nominated multiple times without being invited, and the thought is that the club that runs the local camp nixed them. These boys are national team quality, and they play for a local club on scholarship plus do not have transportation let alone enough money so have had trouble attending other camps (Super Y ODP for example) because of that. The only players I know from my state who go to the ID2 camp are directly affiliated with the hosting club. Although, there are BNT players at the club who are by no means the best players on their respective teams, so there is definitely quality at the hosting club.

We are looking to get a NTC recommendation for my son (he is a 97), but are not sure if we should ask the DOC, who thinks highly of him but has not seen him that much (only ten or so games) vs. the coach, who also thinks highly of him but is new to the club and area. Any advice on that?

14. falbe10

falbe10 New Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No he was invited while playing for a soccer club in Tennessee, a local coach that had follow him for a few years submitted the recommendation for him, with authorization from his club
    DOC. My advice is for you to talk with that DOC and asked for a honest assessment, and present to him the NTC option. If he regards your son ability, is his duty to promote him and recommend to the US Scout of that region for inclusion in one of the NTC for that age group. I which I could be more help, but we move to Germany and our NTC experience is that of our friends that had children invited.

15. rhrh

rhrh Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Thank you, we'll be talking to the DOC soon as he is promoting my son to a year older team before the spring season (March).

16. jeremys_dad

jeremys_dad Member

NYC Football Club
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Big Easy
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Foxborough was full that Sunday...but he gets play that weekend 26th evening with the U-18s at Hampshire dome. Their will be several other u-16's filling out the roster.

Focus will be on avoiding that Pavlovian response in capturing hospital balls.

Thanks all for bringing up these events. At least the kid called his people and they emailed US Soccer's people.

From the annals of gorilla marketing..... What about those clubs in Mass and Long Island we play. Is it appropriate for "the kid" to solicit their recommendations from their coach? Would you do that for an apposing team player if you were a coach?

and be sure to check out

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/whats-the-name-of-lance-armstrongs-dog.1981460/

17. rhrh

rhrh Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That sounds great! My son is playing in a state futsal tournament this weekend, playing up a year (U17) but against players a few years older than that even, and the DOC is coaching. We figure that if he shows well (and he has done very well in the practices with the U17s, outscoring all U16s and U17s by a lot as well as making defensive plays), that would be a great chance to ask for a recommendation. The guy has already told him he is better than anyone on the current U16 team, and they were at Disney and are going to Dallas.

As for an opposing coach recommending a player, good luck with that. We've had a lot of opposing coaches contact us about whether he is "available", but honestly they really need to look after their own clubs. Then again, my son's current club was embarrassed by him many times before he switched to their club...

And I am a little confused about J.'s situation - did you cold call coaches, or you mean that you contacted his previous/current coaches? It seems like it happened quite quickly! They do list where and when events are, would they turn away someone who wasn't "signed up"?

18. jeremys_dad

jeremys_dad Member

NYC Football Club
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Big Easy
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    J called his two club coaches, the two college coaches from here, and his and an opposing team high school coaches. I guess starting ODP this year didn't help get on that list. He needed to get on last year maybe? So this one is US Soccer, and the US CLub Soccer is Id2 where also coaches allegedly emailed him in but we never heard. I guess he should call coaches again for id2 recommendation also. Thanks for asking!

19. rhrh

rhrh Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We'll see, my son talked to his club coach, but as others indicated, we are trying for the DOC who is pretty well respected. If your son is a 98, then you should also consider college combines, some of which have club coaches. It is good experience just to get out there and compete and compete and compete with players you don't know.