I will meet with El Tren Valencia next week.

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Hi, redbull fans

I just want to tell you that next week I'm traveling to Cali, Colombia and a friend of mine is going to make me a connection to see our former player Adolfo el Tren Valencia. I will be staying at about 4 blocks from Valencia's apartment in Cali, Colombia. Any of you wants me to say anything to el Tren Valencia?. I will keep you informed.

thanks

2. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) What happened to your game/abilities in the 2nd year of your contract, Adolfo?

2) Who is the better finisher, you or Hwampi Angel?

3. jbeall

jbeall New Member

Jan 18, 2002
    NJ by way of GA
    Sounds cool, Juan. Have a safe trip!

4. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    No, no message. But let me know when you arrange for a meeting with Matt Knowles.

5. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    El Tren Valencia was born in Buenaventura, Colombia, which is a 2 hours ride from Cali where he currently resides. I've been seemed many time in the streets of Cali buying fruits and eating at a restaurant. I believe his soccer career is over. His friend and former Metro, Alex Comas is still playing for a team in Colombia. I will first spend a couple of days in Miami Dade before I arrive to Cali Monday night.

6. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Adolfo Valencia buys fruit and Juan luis guerra is flying to colombia via miami. This is all fascinating, riveting stuff. Please, keep us posted on the in-flight snacks.

7. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City

jeje, that is the information i gathered in my last trip to Cali. By the way, Juan Luis Guerra is in reality a very famous Latin Singer. Go to www.guavaberry.net to read more about the real JLG.

adios

8. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Yes I know, I even saw him with 440 play at the paramount on a really fun wednesday night before thanksgiving. Have you ever seen him play live? We had all of his albums.

Really, please, our Adolfo buys fruit and eats in restaurants. Please, please, we're begging, what other fascinating information have you gleaned about Adlolfo. Does he brush with crest or colgate? Does he need to pee during the night, or can he make it to morning? Celebrities, there just like us!

9. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    I've seemed Juan Luis Guerra performing like 3 times in my life. He is just the best. I see his videos in youtube.com all the time.

Adolfo Valencia, yes he buys fruits and eats in rests, just like any other human being. I will keep you informed.

11. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ojala que llueva cafe en el campo...

12. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juan Luis,

Ask him which is his favorite goal with the MetroStars and his favorite with La Seleccion Colombia? My favorite Tren goal with the Metros is the one against New England at Giants Stadium with 10 seconds left on the clock. If I remember correctly, we were losing that game 1-0 when Metro scored in the 87th. Valencia then scored that dramatic winner with 10 seconds left on the clock. This is my favorite Tren goal with Colombia (against Mexico in Copa America 93):

[youtube]WU6Jg4vrbw8[/youtube]

13. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I remember that goal, good memory. Valencia I thought got less respect than he deserved on these boards.

14. ogmetro

ogmetro Member

Apr 4, 2003
    ask him if he knows where Freddy Rincon is at

15. Jim Andreano

Jim Andreano New Member

Apr 28, 2000
    I also remember that Valencia goal with 10 seconds left. That was when the clock counted downward with no stoppage time. 10 seconds meant 10 seconds.

I'm quite sure that game was against Dallas, not New England, in the 2000 playoffs. To this day that is the only playoff series that the Metrostars or Red Bulls have ever won.

Trivia question -- Who was the Metrostars goalkeeper in that playoff series?

16. The Notorious Biggie

Nov 23, 1998
    I remember meeting him in Corona with Big Apple Youth Soocer.
    They just don't seem to do that here in NYC NYmore.
    The USWNT will be at Sara Roosevelt Park in Chinatown with their new kit.

17. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pants.

18. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jim,

The game you are referring to is the playoff victory against Dallas where Valencia scored with seconds remaining in the overtime period (100th minute). The game I'm referring to was definitely against the Revs and Valencia scored with 10 seconds left on the clock (when the games ended at exactly 90 minutes). Paul Grafer was the man in goal for the Metros for the Dallas playoff series and he stopped an Oscar Pareja penalty kick in the game you are referring to.