I met the new Chivas USA President tonight.

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by EastLAChiva, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brainstorm!
    How about Chivas USA play with a roster of players with Mexican ancestry who are eligible for the USMNT?
    I often read in these forums about the vast untapped reservoir of Latino soccer talent that's overlooked by the US youth soccer system. This approach would develop this talent for USMNT, and these players would be eligible to play for Chivas Guadalajara.
    Yes, I realize these players would possibly also be eligible for Mexico's Seleccion.

sodi_gar repped this.
  2. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you heard the Jorge Vergara press conference? If not, I think that is the potential goal of our owner. It makes sense on many levels.
    However, many latinos in SoCal aren't just Mexican OR of Mexican ancestry. Vergara addressed that also in press conference.
    I'd like to see a very diverse Chivas USA team for years to come that represents the American Flag on the jersey.
    For now, we have to wait and see.

3. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    there were rumors that the FO was planning an all US-Southern California policy. great, considering SoCal is a hotbed of football talent.

oh well, so much for that.

4. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know THIS WAY WAY OUT THERE
    How about we JUST FARKIN WIN SOME GAMES !! I dont care who or how WE NEED TO WIN. Can we institute a policy of winning and work out the details later

Happy Thanksgiving

EastLAChiva repped this.
  5. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I love this idea but would also like the idea of any player on Chivas usa be eligible for the us nats (not just Mexican or other Latinos) . I wouldn't mind a 1/8th or 1/16th rule. that is you must have one ancestor that is Mexican that would constitute your ancestry as being 1/8th or 1/16th. Just like most indian reservations. you have to be at least 1/16th native american from that particular tribe.

in addition to this rule the team is allowed four surrogate slots for those players that would fit great that are not of Mexican/latino decent. (choose wisely). Imagine if the team got good enough consistently. that would potentially get us all laid because every soccer mom would want a kid that is eliglible to play for CD Chivas Los angeles (I'm kidding guys so don't start throwing stones).