I Know The Score (Premier League guess the score game) 09/10 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Republic of Mancunia, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same goes for EdwardMason near the bottom...

Next year we can't be making the join code public.

2. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks for drawing my attention to it. Both kicked! :)

3. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's usually a solid score, you've just started like a train this year. ;) 80-90 a week over the whole season and you'd be in with a very good chance of winning going off the last two seasons. 70 is fine, especially if you're already top!

4. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    This years league is very tough. People consistently scoring 100+ a gameweek makes it difficult for minnows like me to move up. :(

5. Nebs

Nebs New Member

May 5, 2004
    Croatia
    Club:
    Zulia FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    65 games, 4 draws. Well, screw you, Premiership.

6. ApproachWithCaution

Dec 16, 2006
    South Wales, UK.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Indeed. My good start seems to be serving me well at the moment, but i've been wobbling lately. DS is starting to cause me some concern.

7. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    ^^ This is why.

And, for our leader, 80 points a game on average is what I aimed for in the last couple of years and it worked out really well.

The average scores are much higher this season though; my analysis is that the majority of the people actually don't sit on the fence and predict draws.

8. sab456

sab456 Member

May 20, 2007
    We have a liverpool fan at the top of the league :eek:.. Sort it out ROM !! :mad::mad:

9. president_nater

Jan 30, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    chelsea fan at the bottom as well...

10. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm crashing hard this season. I must've ridden the draws to the top last year. Where is all the mediocrity? :confused:

11. ApproachWithCaution

Dec 16, 2006
    South Wales, UK.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Seriously, the join code must be kept mega secret next year. All these dippers infesting our league is bloody annoying. It proves they are obsessed with us.

12. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Honestly it doesnt really bother me if they play. What difference does it make?

13. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makes me feel dirty.

Can some mod remove the code from the earlier pages?

14. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    An excellent idea.

15. Nebs

Nebs New Member

May 5, 2004
    Croatia
    Club:
    Zulia FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Top 22 players are damn City fans!

16. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance that idea is worth a few hundred extra points? This mid-table stuff sucks ass. ;)

17. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It does seem a bit;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOGAAlHzF4o"]YouTube - Tubbs And Edward - League of Gentlemen[/ame]

admittedly.

However, it does make it more fun if we know the people we're competing against imo. Teasing those who you're beating, garnering sympathy from those who you're losing to, bragging or complaining in an environment where people know who you are is enjoyable. The banter throughout the season on this thread, or the league forum (if it was at all active) is what makes these kind of games for my money. As we're on the United board, and all reasonably familiar with each other it does make sense even if a small part of me feels tight for kicking people. They have public leagues on there, and unless the league forums have people posting in them, they must be boring as hell.

I can't say I'd mind posters from other boards who we 'know' in future as presumably they'd be happy to join in the shit-stirring in threads like this. That's for debate next time if I should start the league again. People indicated what they wanted this season so I'll stick with it.

As an aside to that, United fans, indicated by nothing but the badge next to their name that don't post on here aren't exactly ideal either for the banter stakes. At least with them, we can imagine a friendly rivalry of sorts and share a bond. If they lurked enough to get the code, maybe they lurk enough to recognise some of us, or read this thread and keep up with the smack talk and whinges. Btw, it'd be great if any of the regular lurkers who joined the league registered on Big Soccer and started posting on this thread, or the boards in general. I do think it's more enjoyable to know who we're playing against and we'd all be keen to hear your opinions on all-things United in the other threads. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: That gives me an idea, time to bump the, "invitation for lurkers to de-lurk" thread.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fans of other other teams, who we don't have a clue who they are reduce the enjoyment for me. One suggestion has been that people pm me for the league code next season. I guess one advantage would be that the players would at least all have to be Big Soccer members and whether United fans or not, they'd be 'known' to a degree by their posts on here which once again adds to the game (imo).

18. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I kind of fall under that category.:eek:

I posted in the transfer thread for a while this past summer but since than haven't really been keeping up in the United boards besides this one. I'll have to start trying to make more of an effort keeping up with the other United threads.:D

19. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I say we kick Kyles9 too... :D

20. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.:p;)

21. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    To add even further to the wonderful idea of kicking out certain folks... How about we take their points and redistribute it to all those folks between 12th and 29th? That should certainly even things out and make up for the injustices caused by these individuals.

22. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Can you really do that?

23. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Nah.:(

24. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and you call yourself invincible....;)

25. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Even superman has his limitations, friend.