I had a hard time getting Fulham tickets

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by NEKSoccer, Sep 20, 2002.

1. NEKSoccer

NEKSoccer Member

I will be travelling to the UK next month and have been making arrangements to see games while I am there. So far, I've booked tickets to Chelsea, West ham, and Spurs. But I had a hard time procuring tickets for two Fulham games at Loftus Road. I joined the membership scheme because that's the only way you can get tickets for their matches.

I called the ticket hotline when the game vs. Man United went on sale and procured my ticket. Easy enough. I waited until the next day to get tickets for a match vs. West Ham and was told by someone on the same hotline that they could not take an international order and that I'd have to get in touch with the club.

So I wrote an e-mail to Fulham's customer relations department explaining the situation. They replied that I should have no trouble procuring tickets if I call the same ticket hotline and that I would have to collect tickets at the box office. I had been told when I purchased the MU ticket (and again when I ordered the West Ham tix successfully) that they would be sent to me in the mail. So I informed the customer service person of this who called the ticket people(they handled all my calls) and got back to me to say that the tickets would be waiting for me at the box office.

This all worries me. How do I know if the tickets are going to be there? I hope that they will not be on their way to the U.S. via surface mail when I am in England! Getting the tickets should not have been this difficult. The whole Fulham scheme seems VERY disorganized. Has anyone else had trouble procuring tickets for a match? This experience is very disappointing to me. Anyway, let me hear from you if you've had a similar experience. Thanks.

2. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

I went to see Chelsea and Arsenal when I was in the UK. My tickets were ordered by friends in London. Each time they were waiting for me at will call. No issues. Obviously those two aren't Fulham, but I have a hard time believing the tix won't be at will call.
  3. monster

monster Member

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    Moved to a more appropriate forum
  4. M

M Member

I've picked up 'phone- or internet-ordered tickets at several clubs on visits to the UK and never had a problem. I'm going to do the same thing on my trip over next month. My only advice is always to make sure you know exactly where and when tickets are available for collection.

5. fulhamfan51

fulhamfan51 New Member

Sorry you had a frustrating time trying to get tickets to watch Fulham.Did you get them in the end ?If anyone likes something a little different and is in London between Febuary and August there is the London Broncos that play @ Griffin Park, Brentford.They usually play on Sundays.The sport is rugby league and should not be confused with rugby union.
    http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/londonbroncos/index.html
    http://rugby13.5er.com