How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pre assists, the most important part of our attack, link up play.

Gotta love the new bullshit every week.

2. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was awesome.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Breh, I don't even know?

I'm just going to go with the fact they are either absolutely miserable or unsuccessful people. :D

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You describing Benzemas stint here?

5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    More like describing this cesspool of a "discussion".

They say Benzema shits gold, you say Benzema sucks ass. They say he is the best ever at linking up play, you ignore that he makes any impact and has made key assists. They say he runs 100km a match, you say he does nothing all game.

I don't even understand how you guys think you're any different than Hendrix and co? You're the exact same, just on the other extreme side of this tiresome, stupid and pointless "argument".

6. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which side are you on?

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Neither because both are idiotic and tiresome, even though both sides of these groups have yet to understand that.

Benzema wasn't awesome, but he wasn't the worst. He did some good things, a couple of great things (pressuring Xavi, taking the ball and pressing for a shot which was deflected) but he had some bad things as well (fluffed shot in the first half, bad shot in the second).

RMSocrates and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  8. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You should really read what I'm actually saying about his performances before trying to act all objective and 'above'. I don't think you will find there that I say he shits gold or anything. I didn't even say he had a great game last night, I said he was solid, had a fantastic assist, was playmaking, was dangerous, but that his finishing should have been better. Hes an important player for our attacking dynamics, no more, no less. get off it pls.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Well okay then! Both sides agree that they think I'm full of shit. Great! Pointless argument ends and now that you guys agree about something, you can move forward in unison!

Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba......

10. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think you're full of shit. But i've lost all patience for him. I don't see anything that he does, that can't be done by another striker, who can do even more, starting from scoring the easy chances.

11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What I'm saying is don't brand sides, because if you are saying this

then you are on my side, since I'm saying exactly that. Which is pretty idiotic, right?

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema did well. He could do better, but everybody played as good as he could. I can't complain.

13. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Carlo summed it up well when he said all my players played well because they played as a team.

YOUNGSTARS87 and jeremy123 repped this.
  14. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You weren't serious? I doubt it.

15. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was fantastic

Vector-SS and Zidane05 repped this.
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Some of his touches were off, but overall, he had a very good game. His movement was excellent and provided a good target up front.

17. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Karim Benzema is an elite player and perfect for this team. Very happy with him!! I think him & Morata are enough for next year.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's wrong with bringing a little competition?

:rolleyes:

19. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I used to not have faith in Morata but he is growing on me. I think with more minutes he can improve. Plus Jese will be back next year I think the attack is fine (both ADM + Isco can fill in too, we must keep ADM btw!). Just need add a midfielder or maybe 2. Possibly a defender somewhere but then again Nacho is playing well too. The team is pretty well set maybe just one more type of midfielder.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only way i'd be fine with not signing a new striker is if Benzema and Morata play equally.

21. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I dont think that will or should happen. Right now the distribution of time between them is about 95% Benzema - 5% Morata... I think if next year that can get to around 75% for Benz - 25% for Morata that would be perfect. Benzema is the better player right now and in his prime, Morata is young but still needs some regular minutes to develop further.

22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata is a 5 percenter? OMG

23. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I meant as far as playing time, I'm not sure if those are accurate percentages but you get general idea of what I'm getting at.

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I get your point, but Morata deserves far more playing time, and Karim deserves less playing time, or more playing time elsewhere.

Regarding 5 percenters :D : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five-Percent_Nation

25. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid