How to get Scouted by teams in Europe???

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by ronaldinhosamba#10, Jun 1, 2006.

1. ronaldinhosamba#10

ronaldinhosamba#10 New Member

Sep 10, 2004
    Hey,
    Im 15 years old and I'm currently on the u15 mens national team, and I do events with the my region 1 odp side. I was recently in Spain for region 1 playing in the torneo de Irun tornament in San Sebastion. We played the likes of Fc Barcelona, Villareal, and Athletico Madrid who were all quality sides especially for Barcelona who were a carbon copy of the actually barcelona with a kid named thiago from Brazil who played that ronaldinho role. But the thing I really loved was their style of play and the way they move the ball and use their skill, I think playing their would be a dream for me. I got alot of complements especially for the coaching staff of atletico madrid. And It got me thinking that I should try my best to get my name out there so people can see me. The reason im writing is for anyone with expierence or advice on how to get your name out there for youth teams like Atletico Madrid (my favorite choice would obviosly be Atletico Madrid becuase they showed the most interest in me), and how to get and find agents to hook everything up. I do know stuff like the troubles with work permits and issues such as that but I do have alot of family in Europe that could find a way for me if trouble comes about. So if anybody could help me with my problem, Id be most thankful.

JOGA

2. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Be careful about getting an agent because if you sign with one it means you have no NCAA eligibility with soccer.

Talk to your parents about this!

Get a European passport if possible.

You're doing everything possible so far!

Just work hard and try get into Bradenton!

And I reiterate: Talk to your parents about this!

3. VOwithwater1

VOwithwater1 Red Card

Apr 23, 2006
    If you beed to a tournament like that foreign scouts go to those games as they do at the Dallas cup.

You have to be a sensational at these tournaments to be notice and not just play.

A lot of our kids have been seen and talked to by foreign scouts in tournaments in Italy. Nothing has ever come from it that I know of.

4. ronaldinhosamba#10

Sep 10, 2004
    Hey thanks for the advice USvsIreland, I will try to do all of those thing, also I thought about Bradenton, and true it would be a great expierence but I noticed that most top players get picked up through the u17 world cup. The next cycle is for the 90 year age group and I'm a 1991. So the likelyhood of me making that isn't to high but im still not gonna stop trying. My friend Matt Uy who is a residency right now tells me they go on alot of international tournaments and he just came back from England. So I'm going to take your advice and try my hardest to make it there to increase my chances. But I do have one more question. I was wondering if anyone knew any contacts(not agents) that know ways to link players overseas. I know that kinda sounds like an agent but im not sure what other way I can put it in haha.

Thanks

5. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    No probs. Just keep training hard! Get good grades so you can play for a good college if needs be.

Keep playing in those Region tournaments and oversees with Region. You still have a chance of being called up to Bradenton!

Also you can still become an international superstar if you play a year or two of college!

6. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    This is why is very important that we the fans, the consumers push for at least 2 more soccer academies Braden ton stile it seem that there are too many kids left out without an opportunity....:cool:

7. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    TSAcademy.net

couldn't be more up your alley

If I remember correctly I think they will have some ads in SoccerAmerica,World Soccer and also the total 90 magazine. A few internet publications should be housing their info as well. Hope you guys enjoy the site... cheers.

8. ronaldinhosamba#10

Sep 10, 2004
    This is all great advice, and I must say TSA academy is a great site. probably my last question: I am interested to know if anybody knows of any sites like www.yptusa.com that help try and get kids seen overseas? Thanks very much for all your help.

9. gtmachi

gtmachi New Member

Sep 11, 2000
    If you're that serious, I'd say just pack up and move to Europe if you have family there. one thing you'll have to deal with is the teams going through the headache of bringing a kid overseas. So you'll have to be VERY good to get that chance, like Donovan or O'Brien was. Keep going on tours until you get a break. Good luck kid!

10. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    TS Academy puts kids all over the world. You'd be amazed how many countries want to get their hands on American youth players. Not many league across the world opperate with a work permit policy like the UK, so getting kids across the ocean is rather easy, so as long as your good of course...then again I've seen some less then stellar players get contracts over seas.

11. Deschamps10

Deschamps10 New Member

Sep 12, 2002
    NYC & Paris
    Yes, TSAcademy.net , they are very nice and professional...i try to go to this academy as it is hard to be looked at by scouts here in France and Europe...soo many players but not as many scouts

12. Sharkas30

Sharkas30 New Member

May 24, 2008
    Hey i now how to help you out to get scouted by proffesional teams if you are willing to take the chance reply back ok.

13. trip76

trip76 Member

Jul 17, 2007
    North East USA
    if you received compliments from coaches from madrid, and you'd like to play there, why don't you contact them directly, see if they remember you, and ask them what your chances are, and what you'd have to do, to get a spot or a trial with them.

14. Portero11

Portero11 New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Try looking at a team that I have heard of: ED United...Im not sure if they are holding tryouts in your area but if they are it looks like a decent chance for you to get exposure in Europe and for coaches/ teams to get to know you.

Another thing: I have heard of a lot of people from my area going to Mexico and trying out with the academies down there...I personally know of somebody that tried out with Morelia and made it...this could be a way for you to get in the pro scene.

Finally: I am sure that the European teams have open-try-outs for their academies some time. If you have a lot of family there, have the money to get there, and have supportive parents...maybe you can try staying with family and trying out for teams in their area. This is a possibility.

I wish the best for you. If you are truly ambitious and never-stop looking...we may see you on a pro pitch someday.

15. burleigh

burleigh New Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Have you heard of U.S.F.C. (United States Football Club)? This is exacly what they do - help elite players get seen by European scouts, coaches, etc., without jeopardizing their NCAA eligibility.

www.usfcsoccer.com

Check them out!

16. messi10meoneday

messi10meoneday New Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

OK by a kid in florida who wants to get a chance of playing in europe somewhere to be really good one day

17. lilsoccersistalj

lilsoccersistalj New Member

Feb 11, 2008
    When you are thinking about going to play overseas just know that it is not unusual for young American players to end up not doing so well when heading to overseas clubs. It can be very difficult to adjust to livibg in a new place and possibly even learning a new language all while you are trying to focus on playing soccer. You may be better off waiting.

18. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am rooting for you kid. Good luck!

19. jeremys_dad

jeremys_dad Member

NYC Football Club
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Big Easy
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Our kid wants to goto Europe. Here is what I've learned so far, besides what you've already read.

First off....It's great to also be able to be paid while playing in Europe .

Work visa might come come easier if you become a citizen of a country in the European Union, or Switzerland. Needing papers to play soccer .....Conjours up a scene where policeman are coming onto a practice pitch in Europe somewhere and someone yells "IMIGRATION" and all the Americans go fleeing the scene still in their kits.

FIFA Site has PDF files containing many specific laws about what can and cannot be done in regards to a youth to move to Europe to play. These aspects should be read over and fairly understood. Have them read to you by an attorney if need be.

Take it to the silver screen. In this day and age video is becoming increasingly important. As US Academies become more professional their "membership services" are bound to expand in usage of video coverage to help export their work.

Besides a huge no-brainer mega-value luxury of watching game tapes in a coaching session, the NCAA college eligibility site details about sending soccer videos to coaches and how the player needs to be highlighted.

Getting these CD's to Euro or DIV 1 coaches you have connections with is the way to have them get seen. You mail them too high up they could languish. A friend tells them check out this guy, your CD might get seen by a decision maker. Start collecting footage now. Takes a lot of captured good play to edit a good piece.

Clicking on the correct picture on Rosetta Stone is worthwhile..... ask a friend into P2P music seen to check it out purchasing it for you. Think also about obtaining language lessons for your MP3 player. Speaking with coaches using their language will help provide that needed demonstration of making that extra effort to fit in, and might perhaps ease their "separation anxiety" concerns. Besides helping with assimilating into another culture, consider for a moment just how vastly expanded your dating pool becomes with each new language.

Better check out all the requirements that U.S. college sports have so your following the right path in case Europe or MLS doesn't pick you up. Those procedures might begin in tenth grade, and are all on line. Remember no matter what it says you need at least a 3.2 average for a really good school.

Best of luck

20. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Be very careful about doing this before or during college. DON'T hire an agent unless you are sure you don't want to or are done playing in college. Don't leave school until you have a guaranteed trial lined up.

If you get a trial be careful about games even friendlies. You can play against professionals but not with. You can play with amaeturs (youth teams) against a professional team but if you play on the same team as professionals or anyone getting paid you are ineligible in terms of the NCAA. However, you can still play NAIA.

Certain countries have restrictions on foreign players such as England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, France, and Spain. In order to play in these countries you need a passport from a European Union country which is only obtainalbe if yourself, a parent or grandparent were born in an EU country.

If you are under 18 and don't have an EU passport you won't be legal able to sign for a team abroad until you turn 18. FIFA is really cracking down on the international transfers of children. You can get around this if your parents move to the country for non football reasons but you have to able to prove this. They can't just move so you can sign for a team.

If your going to make a video don't edit the games. Honestly I would send a few full game tapes. Coaches want to see that you are human and make mistakes. Highlights make you look like a god but even good players make mistakes. There going to want to see how you pass, your vision, what you do off the ball, etc this is something there going to see in a full game.

Scouts in Europe go to watch full matches of players its best IMO to do the same but on tape since they won't travel to America.

21. Andre Jamike Ajiri

Andre Jamike Ajiri New Member

Fc Barcelona
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2018
    hi i would love to know

22. Andre Jamike Ajiri

Andre Jamike Ajiri New Member

Fc Barcelona
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2018
    hi please what is TS academy

23. ncsoccerdad

ncsoccerdad Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Central NC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There are lots of camp systems in this country that end with an invitation to play/train for a week at a European academy. You have to pay for the trip – and it’s not cheap – but you do get the opportunity to spend a week in front of the academy’s coaches, if you are granted an invitation. A google search of “club you like USA ID camp” should get you started in the right direction. You could also just search “european soccer club USA ID camp.”

Now, I’d like to caution you. If you’re rostered on a YNT, you’re really good, so big time congratulations as your hard work is already paying off. That’s awesome, and keep it up. My son is a good player, not quite on your level. He played DA and was called into a couple of NT talent ID sessions, never progressing past that. He went through one of the camp programs I described above, and was chosen for a week at a European club. We hopped on a plane and went over. It was a good experience, overall. He was competitive with the academy players at that club, but did not stand out. That is the key – my son is good, but no better than the players they already had, or could easily get within a 5 mile radius of their club. Even though you have family in Europe, there are still hoops to jump through and red tape involved in bringing in a non-citizen. Why would they do that if they can get a player as good as you from their own country? Answer – they wouldn’t. You can’t just be comparable to the players they already have. You have to be BETTER than the players they already have.

I am not trying to discourage you. If this is your dream, then go after it as hard as you possibly can. I just know a lot of kids and parents who don’t look at situations like this through a clear lens. I hope what I said above gives you a realistic perspective on the challenge ahead of you, and I hope you go over there and make a huge name for yourself. Good luck, and God bless!

bigredfutbol repped this.
  24. Cantona's Eyebrow

Dirty Leeds
    Togo
    Oct 8, 2018
    I might be able to help you.

25. kinznk

kinznk Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Well, the OP is about 28yo now so that ship might have sailed.

mwulf67 repped this.