How I met your mother

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Clipse, Mar 16, 2009.

1. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't include all of us in that "we."

Personally, if I started to loathe a show after four seasons, I wouldn't be complaining about it after Season 7 because I'd find something I enjoyed more for those 30 minutes. But different strokes.

2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I don't remember much of 2001-2003 or the past three years... I'll be at RFK tonight.

3. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's right. But didn't he speak to the class for a while? I still think if it was one of the women he's dated since then the two of them would have discussed it.

4. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    I don't loathe it. I just think the enjoyment I do get is mostly out of affection for the characters at this point, rather than anything intrinsically good about what I'm watching.

5. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    The key to this episode where you knew it wasn't quinn, and they made it obvious, Barney's misderection illusion.

6. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK. I'm not that different some weeks. The quality of the acting from Segal and NPH really helps even on the bad weeks.

7. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Seriously. Jason Segel is slumming on HIMYM and he knows it.

I'm actually okay with Josh Radnor (I prefer him as a comedic actor over Sundance writer/director/brooding male lead) but he's in the Dawson territory, where it's hard to make him the center of an at least nominally romantic show and still keep him compelling.

8. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i equate Radnor with Zach Braff. Good in this role where he gets to play off an ensemble that's stronger than he is ... and they both got to date Sarah Chalke. so there's that, too

9. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Show returns Monday. I'm really hoping for a better season. I wasn't a big fan of season 7, but I'm curious to see how it all plays out.

10. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Side note. His movie came out in wider release a couple of weeks ago and garnered pretty good reviews.

11. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So much for that theory. I knew when Barney was scrolling for a picture that that was who is was going to be.

12. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone still watching? There were a few cliffhangers in the season finale......

13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Don't get me wrong. She wasn't ugly or anything. She's a very good looking woman. I thought she would be cuter or hotter. She was right in the middle of those two to the point that she wasn't really either to me.

14. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my wife and I thought the same thing...with everything else that was going on in the episode, the last season should be really good...

15. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    :D

You have no idea how relieved I am to read that. I was afraid that was going to be one of those things I was all alone on.:oops:

16. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was glad to see The Mother.

However, in an interview this morning, Carter & Bays say that next season will be all about the 56 hours leading up Barney & Robin's wedding.

Thanks, but no thanks. I've seen The Mother so if that's how they're going to play the final season, ******** them.

sitruc, Dr.Phil and Beirut repped this.
  17. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if that is going to happen I will be very disappointed.....I thought this season was leading up to Barney and Robin's Wedding....that's how the season began with Robin wanting to talk to Ted....We should get more of the Mom on the final season