How football boots are made

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by rkuchinsky, Jan 21, 2006.

1. rkuchinsky

rkuchinsky New Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Aarhus, Denmark
    [​IMG]

Freshly back from China, visiting the factories making the new 2006 hummel football boots, I've just put together a series following the production of football boots. If you are interested in knowing how football boots are made, from an exclusive inside perspective, check it out.

First Pullover

Ill be posting each part of the production process seperately. Lots of pics, and step-by-step description.

I've also taken over 10hours of video in these factories and (when i get a chance to do some editing) will be soon putting up some clips as well.

If you have any questions or comments about the process, post them here, and Ill try to answer them as best as possible.

cheers,

R

http://pullover.blogspot.com
    footwear design/development blog

2. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    Nice! I for one will be looking forward to it! :)

Thank you for sharing–this is the kind of unique information that brings up the standards of the forum. Keep up the good work!

3. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you for your input and time that you have taken...I'm sure everone on the site greatly appreciates your work.;)

4. rkuchinsky

rkuchinsky New Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Thanks!

Feel free to also let me know if there is anything else you would like to see.

R

5. designez1

designez1 Member

Nov 19, 2003
    New York
    Great Blog! Thanx for the sharing the info with us and putting the site together.
    One question though: by now you've seen the 2006 boots of all your competitors (adidas, nike, puma etc.). I know that Hummel is pretty much doing their own thing, but I just want to know your professional opinion on them.... What did or didn't you like?

6. rkuchinsky

rkuchinsky New Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Aarhus, Denmark
    really, i'd rather not give specifics, but in general, after seeing all the competitors new boots (even visted some of their factories looking for new sourcing), i have to same im most excited about some of the great innovation that is coming out this season.

aside from the usual gimmicks, i think its good to see other brands help push the envelope, both in design and technology to make people think different about what a football boot can be. thats hopefully what we are also doing at hummel.

the only thing i cant say i really like is too much in the way of overdone gimmicks and some of the marketing spin put on boots these days. while hopefully most consumers are smart enough to see through it, i think its unfortunate that with so much money in ads, sponsorships, etc. some people can get mislead easliy and learn not to trust their own judgement.

but that's just my 0.02$ worth.

R