How far can you kick the ball?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by GreenDay, Oct 15, 2002.

1. GreenDay

GreenDay New Member

Sep 15, 2001
    Estonia
    Estimate (preferably in metres) how far can you kick a ball. I mean how far in the air does it travel, not counting the distance it bounces or rolls once it has hit the ground.

2. Ben16

Ben16 New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Georgia
    from 1 18 to the other, maybe further, haven't really checked

3. raziel

raziel New Member

Jan 29, 2002
    im 14 and i dont know how old you guys are but i can only kick the ball from the 18 to half. theres maybe 13 kids out of 35 on out two teams that can kick it farther. am i behind or are you guys like 18. im also not even close to being one of the best

4. Ben16

Ben16 New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Georgia
    I'm 16 today as a matter of fact. Happy b-day me!

5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    On a driving shot to goal with my right foot I can hit it from like 45 yards on goal(not always in teh net mind you but on goal) about 7/10 times and from about 40 yards with my left about 7/10 times.

On a lob with my right foot I can hit it a good 75 yards and about 60-70 yards with my left foot, although I rarley ever need to send balls that long in a game unless I have dropped back to sweeper from my usual attacking center mid spot and need to take a goal kick ora deep free kick but even then its kinda pointless to boot the ball long for the sake of doing it, I would rather look at my passing options from a deep spot in the back

6. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I also coach a team in your age group and some players are more developed than other's due to growth spurts and what not but it seems like a lot of kids in that age range have trouble striking the ball well over distance.

I would attribue this to bad form on shots and chips(which is in my opinion one of the most over looked skills on the youth level) and not being in tune with your body, both of these are able to be fixed one witha good bit of training and the latter with time to adjust to your self getting taller and stronger.

Just keep tranining and working hard it will start to come together for you.

7. NC_ODP02

NC_ODP02 New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    NC, USA
    im 15(as of last month), and I can probably chip it from midfield to the end line...and take an accurate shot from about 35 yards....just takes practice and getting your form down........

8. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    I enjoy hitting the long ball from my center mid position...and I can hit a ball normally from 18 to 18 without much problem.

9. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    from a goalkick...if i get a good one it's anywhere between 50-60 yards...

10. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia
    Man, you guys are all good. I can't consistently hit it far, but I can bang it on goal from maybe forty yards out at the very most.

11. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Driven shot, right foot: 40-45 yards
    Driven shot, left foot: 15-20 yards (could hit from 35 in high school, can't do it after injuries)
    Lob, right foot: 60-70 yards
    Lob, left foot: 40-50 yards (again, could hit 60 in high school, can't now)

12. Nemisis

Nemisis New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Va
    I'm 15 and I can hit the ball from a goal kick to bout 10yards over the halfway line.

Trying to get it father, trying out for school soccer in the spring :).

13. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

Ditto. Me and you seem to be the elder statesmen of this bunch.

14. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Elder statesman? Scary thought, given that I'm 19 now. I've just had a lot of injuries, especially to my left leg (basically constantly injured since sophomore year of high school).

15. header

header New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    k-town arizona
    I'm 16 and i can accurately kick it about 45 yards most of the time...for a good shot on goal I can usually go from about 30 yards out

16. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    My goal kicks are a good 60-75 yards out, my punts 18-18

17. vakeeper22

vakeeper22 New Member

Oct 16, 2002
    VA
    i'm a 15 year old girl and i can hit a solid 45-50 yard shot and not have it bounce until it's a good few yards out of bounds.

18. soccersdynasty

soccersdynasty New Member

Oct 21, 2002
    im 12 and during the second game of r season i pulled my hamstring, but before that my goal kick could go about 3/4 of the way to midfield

Any tips

19. vakeeper22

vakeeper22 New Member

Oct 16, 2002
    VA
    just kick the heck out of the ball ;)