Houston @ Revs, 4/12, 5ET P/I/P

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Apr 7, 2014.

1. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "major" in MLS is sharply discounted by this fact. I'd prefer a league that leaves teams in the cellar if thay don't play EVERY game at full stride. One shouldn't have to wonder, during a May drive to foxboro, "will I see a pre-season game or a mid-season game tonight?"

VTSoccerFan repped this.
  2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's just semantics. I take finishing as actually putting shots on net. The Revs have 75 shots this year. Only 20 on goal. To me, you have to have a good % on the ones on goal. If they'd put more of those other shots on net, the odds are they'd have more goals. The problem is that they're not actually putting it on net.

3. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think everyone's saying the same thing here. ;)

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, like I said, just semantics at this point.

Anyway time to move on. F Shitcago.

5. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    You'd do well in Lake Wobegon, where all the children are above average.

No one can be at their best all the time, no one can give %100 all the time - it's not physically possible. So, most coaches prepare their teams as well as possible in the pre-season and strive to continuously improve over the season. And, if most coaches had their choice, in a league with a playoff system, they'd choose to be peaking at the end of the regular season.

Thus, most teams are likely to play better later in the season and, in MLS, that's what generally happens.

6. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are, as always, beyond correct, I am sure... You so miss the point that it isn't worth the energy to even discuss it.