Rumor: Houston Dynamo Transfers

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by RedAce, Apr 10, 2012.

1. RedAce

RedAce Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know we have a thread dedicated to DP's so if it is okay I decided to just open a thread for transfers and transfer rumors in general since I don't seem to find one out of the whole forum (except the ones of separate players). I will start it off with the rumor that came out on Glenn Davis' show. I'm going to quote Heft on this one:

Let the rumors begin :D

2. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Htownkraut

Htownkraut Member

Jan 12, 2011
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might as well put up some video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llL9NwGTr2Y"]Luis Advíncula - YouTube[/ame]

He's young (22) and starting to get called up for friendlies for Peru. I like it so far. From the video it looks as though he doesn't mind getting physical and he has pace and skill. A little wasteful in the final third but promising none the less.

4. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, it'd be nice if he didn't turn out to be a poor man's Walcott .... I get frustrated by him enough. I'd rather not get frustrated by the MLS version.

5. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Interesting prospect. I have a hard time telling via the video where he plays. It seems at equal amount of clips have him in the middle up top and out wide. I wonder, if Dom is looking at him, where he would play.

6. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A quick google search revealed that he had interest from some big clubs roughly a year ago. Did something happen that he's looking to a MLS team now? Maybe this would be a loan.

7. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Well the rumor says we have been made aware of him. That doesn't mean he is looking at MLS. SO, it could be much adu about nothing . . . . again.

8. Htownkraut

Htownkraut Member

Jan 12, 2011
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure what happened but like you said he has been linked with some big clubs (Liverpool & PSV Eindhoven)

9. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    His agent put together a pretty good video

I don't get the not wanting to celebrate goals with your team mates on the field though for what seems like all his goals

10. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His own site (comes up on google results) has a piece in which he says that he's received an offer from MLS, but it wasn't good enough. (I'd link, but I'm on my phone and that's a pain in the ass.)

11. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    centerback.

i keed Dom, i keed. :D

http://www.luisadvincula.com/advincula-me-ire-cuando-la-oferta-sea-buena-1007

"i can't deny there's interest but the offer doesn't interest me. not because of the level of football, because we know its not a league of a high level of play, but because what they proposed (monetarily) is not to my liking. i rather stay and wait for a better offer, but i am happy my football is looked upon as good in MLS"

12. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well come on let's spend some money. Get something goin already FO.

13. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX

And the challenge of MLS . . again. :) Every half way decent player in the world is making what would be DP money here. :(

14. cfig

cfig Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've had a related transfer thought that I guess I'll throw on here, I've heard nothing that he's a current target but what about Juan Agudelo?

Granted he's had a knee injury so there's more question marks than there normally would be, but he's been rotting away on the Red Bulls bench behind Henry and Cooper and possesses arguably more attacking acumen than anyone on our team currently. Thoughts? Or do we just assume he's going to end up in Europe in a season or so?

15. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pre-knee injury Agudelo would be a no-brainer. He might be worth taking a chance on. Unfortunately for him he was over-hyped just because he scored 1 or 2 goals at 17 years old. His goal scoring rate has never been outstanding since then. He has a lot of potential and if NY made him available we should swoop for him.

While we are talking about 3rd choice strikers that might want more playing time.. Eddie Johnson has become third choice at Seattle behind Estrada and Montero. CJ Sapong and Kei Kamara have overtaken Teal Bunbury.. who plays in a 4-3-3 at KC, still Bunbury is 3rd choice now.

Also LA Galaxy have Buddle, Keane, Donovan, Noonan and Chad Barrett. One of those players must want out...

16. RedAce

RedAce Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love that font :D

17. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Id rather ask the 'Caps what they'd take for Salgado.

18. Htownkraut

Htownkraut Member

Jan 12, 2011
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    I like this.

19. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot about him. He would be a good pickup as well.

21. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
  22. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he's not really comparing the MLS offer to what he makes in Peru. He's likely comparing it to offers he's received from clubs in Europe. I have no idea whether any of those offers are still live. I'm just suggesting that those offers are more likely to be his frame of reference for his market value than what he makes in Peru.

(edited to drop Recio question)

23. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Agreed - but from MLS's perspective, it doesn't really matter where the offers come from right? The fact is, players are expensive and our structure makes it hard to compete as a whole (which we know). It also seems other teams that use to be willing to loan for small amounts, have figured out our whole DP thing and bargains are harder to find (see OBG). Kinda sucks we didn't get into grab and up and coming player 4 years ago when it could be done on the cheap. Seems now you are paying full or above market value even on loans.

24. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd tend to think "where" still matters.

While we know we'll be at or in the bottom of offers, location/club level/etc still matters to players. Play in America where much of the climate is the same (especially Houston), much of your language (or a close variation) is spoken, and many of the cultural ideals aren't too far removed .... against going to say a bottom tier/2nd Division Russian club, the Finland 1st division, or maybe another smaller Euro league like Switzerland/Greece.

I'd be willing to bet that only small % differences in pay aren't enough to outdraw MLS clubs depending on who it is ....

25. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Well, I think the "where" is important in convincing a player that Houston is a good fit . . . . I think the "when" is more important in getting them to accept (meaning getting players that have not been on the radar for larger leagues). In my humble opinion, the "when" is much more difficult to lock down now than it use to be. Particularly since clubs in many regions have learned our DP structure (in theory) allows them to get full value or more from players. How many of our rumored signings fall into those two categories over the last several years? Almost all of them. Some (like Boyd) fall into the "where" and players like this kid or an OBG fall into the "when."

Either way, we have to find a player willing to see Houston as a fine target COUPLED with the timing to allow us to fit that player in our salary structure. It was easier as little as 4 years ago - seems more difficult now unless the team is ok with the several million dollar investment from the start.