News: Houston Dynamo Partners With Direct Energy

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Caddman, May 3, 2012.

1. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, me too, just last week. I first signed on with Amigo to get a free jersey a couple of years ago. That was a good deal and honestly I've been very happy with them.

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amigo had a pretty big changeover in management in 2008 I think - the original Vega family folks were forced out - so I can see where things changed so much that they no longer wanted to be a jersey sponsor.

But to not even keep being a sponsor of the team (although in fairness the team may have said "pay more" or lose the deal) seems to be sort of squandering a major sponsorship platform. Consistency in sponsors is a good thing for a team, they try to sell the whole "partnership with our sponsors" but if they auction off each category every year it pretty much says its a only money (not that it isn't mostly money).

4. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hate seeing HEB replaced by Kroger. I love HEB, hate Kroger. I think it's cool to see the HEB ads at Liga Mexicana games and I liked that we had that Texas company's sponsorship in common, and that it's something FCD won't have, and something that also made us unique from other teams in the league.

5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kroger is giving away these sort of off-orange Dynamo t-shirts if you buy a couple of 6-packs of Snapple. Of cousre, having to go to a crappy Kroger sort of offsets the T-shirt benefit.

6. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only go to Kroger's for one reason, cat food. Their cat food is inexpensive compared to other places. It's even cheaper than Wal-Mart.