Houston Aces general

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by SiberianThunderT, Apr 17, 2014.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So, while I became a fan of the Aces early last year, before they showed us what they could do, I only recently discovered that they are in fact professional. Considering they were the breakout team last year, might be nice to have a thread to keep track of them this time around, hmm?

Preseason results so far:
    2-0 vs HBU
    3-0 vs UofH
    1-7 vs Houston Dash
    5-1 vs Lamar

As has been noted in other threads, they've been invited to the USASA national amateur championships in MD; they've also included the Open Cup in FL in their schedule, so I assume they've applied to be included there, and the also have two friendlies against FCI on top of their regular 10-game WPSL schedule. Nice lineup of games, though I feel sorry for how absolutely packed their June is.... 7 WPSL games, plus three or four Open Cup games!

2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well, the Aces are certainly having a tougher season than they did last year!
    1-1 vs A&M
    0-0 vs Lonestar SC (to be fair, Lonestar combined three of their teams for this result)
    0-1 vs FCI (return leg June 3rd!)

After playing the entire preseason so far on the road, the Aces will have two home preseason games (rematch against Lonestar and then FCD's ECNL team) before opening WPSL play against the visiting Liverpool Dallas.

3. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the Women's Amateur Championship, they'll be playing the host ASA Chesapeake Charge Friday, May 23, at 6:30 pm.