Hong Kong Football Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by druryfire, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You should still try to email to them and enquire. Their membership is always open for application and you could get a deal.

2. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Hong Kong Senior Challenge Shield 2008–09

Final Result

Convoy Sun Hei 0 – 3 TSW Pegasus

3. india1

india1 Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Canada
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    well the indian national team has come off a tournament in august call the afc challenge cup which they won so they get direct entry to the 2011 asian cup in qatar. there style of play is usually a dump and chase against physicaly smaller opponents. so that is what i think they will do in the match vs HK.

4. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    India also came runners up in the SAFF Championship, losing out Maldives in the final.

It's a game that HK probably want to see what kind of level they are at, but in all honesty, India should really be looking to play bigger nations now to prepare for Qatar 2011.

5. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

What a result for TSW Pegasus. Sunhei played a 4-5-1 with Geovanni the only striker, but sadly he was not on form and easily marked out by Pegasus. When Sunhei went a goal down, they pushed big captain Cordeiro up as a second striker and fell prey to Pegasus' speedy counter attacks. 3-0 is the correct result.

Pegasus will be celebrating with a open top double decker bus parade in Yuen Long and Tin Shui Wai this Sunday.

They are also releasing a book on Christmas Eve, probably about the establishment of the team and the team players. It will be available at all 7-Eleven stores in HK.

6. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Senior Challenge Shield Final

The goals from the Senior Challenge Shield Final:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC_B-BRCWHE[/YOUTUBE]

7. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HK team played Citizen FC yesterday in a warm-up game and won 2-1. Shanghai Shenhua defender Ng Wai-Chiu was the only one who played the whole game.

Coach Dejan Antonic thinks he needs a big guy to play in defensive midfield for the games against Bahrain and Japan. He is also likely to call up goalkeeper Cheung Chun-Fai of SCAA, who has been release from jail about a month ago. He will be the sixth goalkeeper for the HK team.

8. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    NTR Wofoo Tai Po hosted South China at Tai Po Sports Ground on Saturday. Unfortunately they lost 1:0. 2,520 fans attended the game, the biggest crowd at Tai Po so far this season.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LzJY_5KnWQ8&hl=zh_TW&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LzJY_5KnWQ8&hl=zh_TW&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

9. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    SCAA's goal scorer of the Tai Po game, Maxwell, will be leaving for Australia or Dubai when the January transfer window opens. Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma's no. 44 Kim Yeon-Keon will take his place instead.

Both Kitchee and Sunhei are going to strengthen their squads, too, in January. Kitchee will bring in 4 players and Sunhei is looking for at least one striker.

10. Ben(NFT)

Ben(NFT) New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Hi, I am the webmaster of www.national-football-teams.com

I would very much like to update the Hong Kong section of our site, but it is quite hard to get any information. Does any of you guys know where I can get the match stats of the games against Macao and East Timor that Hong Kong played this year? I don't seem to be able to find anything.

11. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    hey anyone is Hk forum give me a complete list of foreign players for this season?thx

12. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  13. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow, that's very hard. HK league permits 9 foreigners per team and 6 on the field at the same time. They are re-opening the transfer window in January so a lot of transfers will happen.

South China AA
    Detinho (Brazil)
    Tales Schutz (Brazil)
    Cris
    Monteiro
    Maxwell (Brazil)(leaving in Jan)
    Sidrailson (Brazil)

TSW Pegasus
    Oliveira
    Fofo (Ghana)
    Itaparica (Brazil)
    Ondoua (Cameroon)
    Mbome (Cameroon)
    Beto (Brazil)
    Louis Berty (Cameroon)
    Gracia (Brazil)

Kitchee
    Heiner Backhaus (already left)
    Cyrille Bella (Cameroon)
    Landon Ling (Canada)
    James McKee (England)
    Zamudio (Chile)
    Paul Ngue (Cameroon)
    Hugues Nanmi (Cameroon)
    Pierre-Oliver Bakalag (Cameroon)

NTR Wofoo Tai Po
    Annan
    Joel (Brazil)
    Junior

Convoy Sunhei
    Giovane (Brazil)
    Carlos (Brazil)
    Anderson (Brazil) (leaving)
    Bamnjo (Cameroon)
    Roberto (Brazil)

Citizen
    Takata (GK) (Japan)
    Festus (Nigeria)
    Paulinho (Brazil)
    Rogerio (Brazil)
    Sandro (Brazil)
    Helio (Brazil)
    Marlon (Brazil)
    Moses (Cameroon)

Eastern AA
    Akosash (Cameroon)
    Rodrigo (Brazil)
    Siumar (Brazil)
    Machado (Brazil)
    Picoli (Brazil)

Happy Valley
    Eduardo (Brazil)
    Andrew Russell (England)
    Sidicley (Brazil)
    Eze (Nigeria)
    Godfred (Ghana)
    Carioca (Brazil)
    Gomes (Brazil)

Mutual
    Apollo (Nigeria)
    Benin (Ghana)
    Victor (Nigeria)
    Anthony (Ghana)

Fourway
    Luciano (GK) (Brazil)
    Caleb (Nigeria)
    Buisson (Republic of Congo)
    Minga (Republic of Congo)
    Paulo (Brazil)
    Edson Bugrau (Brazil)
    Jean Jacques Kilama
    Muana Lukalu (Democractic Republic of Congo)

Tuen Mun Progoal
    Ito Dan (Japan)
    Rubinato (Brazil)
    Joel Wood (Australia)

Sheffied United
    Godwin (Nigeria)
    Edson (Brazil)

Xiangxue Eisiti
    Unknown

14. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kim Yeon-Keon (below left) is already in Hong Kong and will start training with South China FC.

[​IMG]

15. Ben(NFT)

Ben(NFT) New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Thanks a lot, but I knew these sites already. Apparently Hong Kong played Macao twice this year, but the first encounter seems to not have been an official match. The one on the 19th of November however seems to be a full FIFA match. Sadly I still cannot find any match stats.

16. chillum

chillum Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Glasgow
    Angsa - Would I be right in saying that a few of those players listed have HK residency / citizenship and may technically not count as a foreign player in the league?

I also noticed from that list, mainland Chinese were not included. Do they not count as foreign in the Hong Kong league?

I'm quite interested to learn about the Tai Po team as i've been there a few times on visits to HK & in the Football Manager 2009 game, i'm managing them! Christian Annan keeps banging in the goals. Pity the rest of the team aren't so hot....

17. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    WOW....9 foreign players in one team?that is a looot...
    and hey a few of them used to play in Indonesia League
    they are :
    WIlfred Bamnjo
    Louis Berty
    Hugues Namni
    Paul Ngue

and hey..Cyrille bella will be have a trial in Indonesia
    anyway can u also give me the top 10 top scorer for this season?

18. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think you can find that on www.hkfa.com or wikipedia.

http://www.hkfa.com/en/match_shooter_table.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_First_Division_League_2008–09

19. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In Guangdong-HK Cup, Guangdong beat Hong Kong 3:1 today.

Sunday will be the second leg to be played in Hong Kong's Mongkok Stadium.

20. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Goals and highlights from the Guangdong-HK Cup, 1st leg.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4cnNta6mcBA&hl=zh_TW&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4cnNta6mcBA&hl=zh_TW&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Guangdong goals
    Shi Liang 15' 33'
    Zhao Huang 53'

Hong Kong goal
    Chan Siu-Ki 54'

21. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually, I am not too sure myself because the rules are quite confusing.

I stand to be corrected, but I think once the Chinese mainland players have played in the HK league for two years, they are no longer considered foreigners by the AFC, so they can play as a local at both club (in the AFC Cup) and international level (in the AFC Asian Cup qualifiers). I am not sure what FIFA thinks.

But I don't think the HKFA allows them to be registered as a local player in the HK league and cup competitions, unless they have obtained a HK SAR passport, which requires seven years stay in HK.

22. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hong Kong beat Guangdong 4-1 today to win the Guangdong-HK Cup for the third successive year! Well Done! Lee Wai-Lim was the star today, he made two goals and scored a great near post header.

Chan Siu-Ki scored the opening goal, then Lee Wai-Lim scored with his header just before half time. Xu De-Shuai scored a great free kick early in second half. But Win Haogbo scored from the penalty spot for Guangdong to force the game into extra time. Leung Chun-Pong scored the winner in extra time after a great run down the right wing by Lee Wai-Lim.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mv7bk4wQ9jQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mv7bk4wQ9jQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/youtube]

23. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mongkok Stadium to be rebuilt.

Hong Kong Govt will spend HK$200 million to completely rebuild Mongkok Stadium. A roof will be added and seats will be installed. Capacity will be reduced from the current 8,000 to 6,500. Work will complete by July 2011.

[​IMG]

During renovation, HK First Division matches will be played in Tseung Kwan O Sports Ground and Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground according to HKFA chairman Brian Leung.

I don't believe Mongkok can seat 8,000 now anyway, so reduce to 6,500 with proper seats is ok.

24. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    It seems a lot of money to rebuild a stadium to make it smaller.

It should be better having a more compact stadium, but the price seems high for doign this.

25. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HK$200 million is about US$25 million. It is quite handsome money but we are building the Tseung Kwan O Sports Ground for the 2009 East Asian Games for more and that only seats 5,000 maximum. (TKO has running track though whereas Mongkok will be soccer specific.)

The alleged 8,000 capacity is not considered possible by fans. Mongkok currently only has benches and not seats, so it is just a matter of squeezing as many in as possible.

The renovation will give us proper seats and cover. 6,500 is sufficient for most games.