Hong Kong Football Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by druryfire, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RFCMod

RFCMod New Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Hi all

Im out in HKG next weekend and noticed the Shield semi finals are on the Sunday (7/12)

Can I buy tickets on the day and is one tkt valid for both semis ?

Also Im staying in Kowloon and want to get a cab to the ground,can anyone give me the full address so I can give to the taxi driver
    Or is the MTR a pretty straight forward walk to and from the ground

Seeing that this will be my weekend footy fix are there any of you who get together before the game for a few beers,if so where do you meet as I'd love to have a beer with a few of you

Can't believe I have to watch Sheffield Utd again,its bad enough seeing them in the North of England !

2. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Welcome to the thread RFCMod, i do follow HK football, but i don't live there, the only member on this forum that i know of who may be in HK at the time will be Angsa.

3. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Hong Kong Senior Shield 2008-09

1st Round Results

TSW Pegasus 4 - 0 Tuen Mun Progoal
    Convoy Sun Hei 4 - 0 Mutual
    Xiangxue 0 - 4 Citizen
    Happy Valley 0 - 2 Sheffield United
    NTR WF Tai Po 1 - 2 Fourway

Quarter-Final Draw

29.11 Eastern - TSW Pegasus
    29.11 Kitchee - Convoy Sun Hei
    30.11 Fourway - Sheffield United
    30.11 South China - Citizen

Semi Finals take palce on 7th December. Final on 21st December

4. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Hong Kong Senior Shield 2008/09

Quarter Final Results

29.11 Eastern 0 - 1 TSW Pegasus
    29.11 Kitchee 2 - 3 Convoy Sun Hei
    30.11 Fourway 2 - 0 Sheffield United
    30.11 South China 3 - 1 Citizen

Semi-Final Draw

Convoy Sun Hei - Fourway
    TSW Pegasus - South China

Games take place on 7th December

5. RFCMod

RFCMod New Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Thank god I don't have to watch a team called Sheff Utd next Sunday

Anyone going next Sunday to the semis fancy a beer before the game ?

6. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Shanghai Senhua's Hong Kong player Ng Wai Chiu is going to join up with the rest of the Hong Kong team from next Tuesday onwards. He said he is excited about the prospects of playing against Japan.

Five mainland Chinese players have joined Hong Kong team. Apparently using the same FIFA rule that applies to USA and Guam. (i.e. US players who never represented USA can represent Guam after living there for two years.)

7. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was there yesterday for the two games. First game was quite boring, went to extra time and Convoy Sunhei won by 1-0 with a nice long shot by Chan Yiu Lun.

Second game was the one most people went to MK Stadium for. It was a good game with South China playing 4-2-3-1 against TSW Pegasus' more traditional 4-4-2. When TSW Pegasus went ahead South China changed to 4-2-4 but that opened gaps in its midfield and allowed Pegasus midfielders to run at and pass through their defenders. But SCAA threw caution to the wind and they were unlucky not to score after hitting the post, the bar and one that bounced off the ground in the six yard box and flew over. In the end TSW Pegasus scored their second in timed added on. I think even if SCAA had equalized, TSW Pegasus would still have gotten their second goal. Because SCAA would be pressing forward even harder.

We had a good crowd of 4,167 yesterday. Final between Sunhei and TSW Pegasus will be played at HK Stadium on 21 Dec.

8. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. RFCMod

RFCMod New Member

Nov 27, 2008
    As Angsa said the first game was dire,only made bearable by the invasion of pigeons onto the pitch every 20 minutes

Second game was much better,South China really fancied themselves but Pegasus just seemed to keep fighting and counter attacked well
    Made some good clearances and made quite a few saves to keep South China at bay but as Angsa said they could do everything but score

Was impressed by the attendance and the crowd and also you could buy beer in the ground :)

Shame I won't be here for the final

10. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am quite sure the crowd won't be as big for the final. SCAA is always the biggest draw, without them the attendance is never as good.

Most of TSW Pegasus' fans live too far away from HK Stadium; Convoy Sunhei is not very well supported. I think 3,000 for the final and most of them will be TSW Pegasus fans.

11. pohui

pohui New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Singapore
  12. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hong Kong Chinese New Year's Cup

HKFA Chairman confirmed that:
    • Suwon Samsung Bluewings (Korea)
    • Sparta Prague (Czech Republic)
    • Hong Kong League XI
    • Shandong Luneng or Shaanxi Zhongxin Chanba (China).
    will contest the Chinese New Year's Cup in Hong Kong on 26th and 29th January.

13. Oppilolik

Oppilolik New Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Re: Hong Kong Chinese New Year's Cup

Not entirely sure what squad Sparta Prague will play, but interesting to see a European team out there.

14. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hong Kong-Guangdong Cup

HKFA Chairman said the annual Hong Kong-Guangdong Cup's Hong Kong leg will be played in Mongkok Stadium on 4 January 2009 instead of HK Stadium because of lower costs. He hopes MK Stadium will also attract a better attendance.

15. Oppilolik

Oppilolik New Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Can anyone show me where I can buy a SCAA shirt?

16. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  17. w-inds.

w-inds. Member

May 6, 2006
    will Hong Kong play friendly with India?

no further news

18. w-inds.

w-inds. Member

May 6, 2006
  19. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow that's such a poor translation... I am glad you can pick up the warm-up game info...

Anyway this weekend is the Silver Shield Final between TSW Pegasus and Convoy Sunhei.

Then Wofoo Tai Po will play against SCAA at home on 27 Dec, both clubs are selling ticket coupons now (to be exchanged for a real ticket at the gate). The stadium can hold 3,200, it might sell out.

20. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HKFA chairman just said that they are considering two local HK teams will play in the CNY Cup. One of them is to replace Shaanxi Zhongxin. But he still has to negotiate with the match agent, who is talkng to Shaanxi.

21. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    What is the qualification criteria for the AFC Cup in 2010?

League winners and one other from which cup competition?

22. pohui

pohui New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Singapore
  23. india1

india1 Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Canada
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    does HK national team have a strong team ahead of their asian cup qualification? have they played any recent matches i saw on fifa.com that there last match was against macau and the match b4 that was in 2007 vs turkmenistan for WC qualification.

just wanted to know what type of HK team india is up against in january.

24. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't really know if I can objectively rate the HK team. I think we are worse than China but better than Malaysia. We have been strengthened by the addition of some Chinese players who play in Hong Kong like Li Haiqiang. We have also recalled our only export, Ng Wai Chiu, from Shanghai Shenhua for the games in January. So we have some better players than when we played Turkmenistan.

Maybe you can also tell me more about the India team?