Honduran Soccer..... Futbol de Honduras

Discussion in 'Central America' started by DCatracho17, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    :eek: Hey well its an exciting time for Honduras....(ok maybe not too exciting since we are not in the world cup) but we have a lot of players having a good career abroad. Edgar Alvarez played a whole game with Roma and they won 3-1. Jerry Palacios is heading towards Uruguay and David Suazo is having an ok season with Cagliari despite them being last place. Also the Central American games are coming and we have another chance to prove that the Youth squad is ready and gaining valuable experince. Ramon Nunez is becoming a rising force in the U-20 squad and in Dallas. Feel Free to post any info on Honduran Soccer.

2. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    You can check the Honduran Newspaper at Honduras.com.........
    Also rumors have surfaced that Tyson Nunez is close to sign with Olimpia. Olimpia is about to loose Emilio Luciano to some club from Mexico and the possibility of Wilmer going to Colombia is still pending but he is most likely to stay(hopefully). Everaldo Ferreira is injured for the whole Clasura season. Mario Beata has joined bitter rivals Marathon , but the good thing is Turcios is staying ..... but also Jerry Palacios left( to UruguaY). There is a strange rumor going around the El Pescado Ruiz might join Olimpia, but Nahum has denied any possibilty..... my opinion: We dont need cry babies in the team.

Marathon are arming themselves with such players as Fransisco Ramirez (remember him.... he was actually the league top scorer behind Wilmer) and the Panamanian international Julio Medina.This Clasura is gonna be close between Olimpia and Marathon.... and maybe even Motagua who is back under the leadership of El Primi and just recently signed the brazilian Francisco Soárez de Souza who has played for Italy serie B.

3. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

just a rumor

ruiz would never go to honduras to play for olimpia????

he being looked at by real san luis of mexico Cagliari of italy and cadiz of spain

i havent heard one rumor of ruiz going there on guatemalan abroad or any website , plus the only guatemala i heard that might go there is el pando ramirez not ruiz. anyway pando is going to africa to play.

. all i have to say is good luck to el primi he good for honduras football and not ours

4. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Marathon! They're my favorite Honduran team basically 'cause they're sponsored by Tropical bebidas. Plus they're from San Pedro which is the closest major city to some of my wife's family that still lives there.

5. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Update

Here are the updates for today:
    Uruguay goes on a signing spree.

Danilo Turcios is leaving to Penarol, The Club President spoke with Turcios and everything has been arranged. The player is expected to be in Uruguay in January 18. All this comes after the President of Penarol spoke with Turcios urgently.

Junior Izaguirre also is bound to play with either Nacional or Penarol of Uruguay. Both teams want his services so its undecided which one he will go to.

Jerry Palacios the third player to leave to Uruguay, Has offers from such teams as Defensor,Nacional, and Danubio. He is expected to leave to Uruguay as soon as possible.

MetroStars
    The President of Metrostars Alexi Lalas furious that Amado Guevara played with Motagua in a friendly against Alajualense. Alexi Lalas quoted ""I'm certainly not happy," Lalas said. "I'm a little irritated and a little frustrated. Our organization has bent over backwards to accommodate Amado Guevara because of the incredible talent he has on the soccer field.

"Amado is no bigger than any other player on the team and he certainly is no bigger than this team."

Lalas later added: "We're not going to bend over and kiss his ass at the expense of having a solid MetroStars team for 2006. If it's good for Youri Djorkaeff . . ."

6. fdken

fdken Member

Sep 6, 2004
  7. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    See this is what i hate about the US, they choose to play a team thats not better than them to makes themselves feel superior. Honestly you never see the US make friendlies against France or England.

8. BWogs

BWogs New Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Kansas City
    The US played England last summer and they are playing Germany in Germany in March. They can't play any strong team that date because it is not a fifa recognized date so no team would be able to get players from Europe.

The US will use this game as a final chance to see its MLS players before the final roster is decided.

9. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Still Bruce Arena should use a team like Japan or even Senegal to use his "MLS" players. I honestly the US got a good shot in going into the finals , but without MLS players.

10. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998
    The fact of the matter with MLS players is that in the last world Cup most of the teams that the USMNT played featured alot of MLS players. So Arena isn't going to change that. Yes Arena could create an all euro team but then he wouldn't be picking some of the best players.

11. fdken

fdken Member

Sep 6, 2004
    USMT is playing Japan in a few weeks. I understand what you think about MLS, it definitely is an inferior league compared to most european leagues, but many of our very good players play there. I think one of the reasons is that many european leagues don't really look real hard at the US talent. That is slowly changing, it will be a long uphill battle, but they have come a long way. I like your optimism about U.S.'s chances of going into the finals. Honduras has always played the U.S. well, I like his choice of Honduras as one of the freindlies. I will be in Honduras, so this way I know I will be able to watch it.

12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    suazo is a very good player, he scored yday

13. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea he did , he scored on Inter from a free kick.

14. fdken

fdken Member

Sep 6, 2004
    DCatracho, don't you think the Honduran team has a chance of giving the domestic players of USMNT a good game?

15. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Good News!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry Palacios and Junior Izaguirre are gonna play in Uruguay, Izaguirre team's is gonne be Penarol while Palacios team is gonna be Nacional.

Honduran Foreign Legion

Julio Cesar de Leon- Avellino Italy serie B
    David Suazo- Cagliari Italy Serie A
    Edgar Alvarez- Roma Italy Serie A
    Amado Guevera- MLS
    Ramon Nunez- Dallas
    Saul Martinez- China
    Ivan Guerrero- Chicago Fire
    Maynor Suazo- Redbull Salzburg Austria
    Fabio Ullua,William Reyes, and Franklin Webster- El Salvador
    David Carcamo and Angel Nolasco- Guatemala
    Emil Martinez-Alajualense
    Nery Winters- Holland
    Jerry Palacios-Nacional
    Junior Izaguirre- Penarol

16. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Who is the nery winter? i have never heard of him and i think that the player nicknamed "el bombero" who i have seen play is good has he played for the national team? i think that he should go to another country to see if he can get better

17. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Nery Winters is Honduran born player that currently plays for a second division team in Holland. He played with the U-20 Team in this past FIFA Youth World Cup.

18. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Fransisco Ramirez is alright, he tends to falter against better organised Defenders but he excels against less experience players. He plays for Marathon now, I doubt he will go and play in "el extranjero".

19. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Clasura Jornada 1 Liga Nacional De Honduras

THE SEASON STARTS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Sabado 21 de Enero

Victoria vs. CD Olimpia- La Ceiba, Estadio Municipal Ceibeno 7:30 pm

Domingo 22 de Enero

Universidad vs. Real Espana- Danli, Estadio Marcelo Tinoco 2:00 pm

Valencia vs. Vida - Choluteca, Estadio Fausto Flores Lago 3:00 pm

Motagua vs. Platense - Catacamas, Estadio Ruben Guifarro 11:00 am

Marathon vs. Hispano- San Pedro Sula, Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano 7:30pm

Keep in mind that Estadio Nacional (Tiburcios Carias) is going under badly needed improvements, so Olimpia will play their home games at Comayagua, Estadio Municipal. Motagua will play their home games at Catacamas, estadio Ruben Guifarro.

Team Updates

Olimpia- Mario Beata has joined rival club team Marathon earlier this year, but to reinforce the back line will be Samuel Caballero and Arnold Cruz. In the midfield expect to see former Marathon midfielder the Argentenian Juan Pedro Yalet and also staying with the Club is Danilo Turcios. In the Attack ,Wilmer Velasquez and the brazilian Luciano Emilio will still stay will despite rumors of both of them going to other foreign league.

Marathon- New faces for the verdolaga such as Mario Beata, Diego Vásquez, Adrián Coria, Francisco Ramírez, Carlos Oliva, Luis Santamaría and the Panamanian Julio Medina. Expect to see "Clash of the Titans" with Olimpia. Both these teams have faced each other in the final for almost 3 years.

Motagua- This team is going through some bad times, being in last place and struggling to get their game together. This season however the man that brought this club team glory is back, El Primtivo returns from his stint with the Guatemalan National team. Also new faces such as Pedrinho, óscar Torlacoff Elvis Scott, Jerry Palacios, Francisco Soárez de Souza, and Carlos Diogo will try to restore the glory that Motagua has had in the past. At this point is either win or going to a shocking regulation to second division.

Real Espana- The team had an average season this past season and looking to strike gold. Under the helm of Ricardo Ortiz and some new reinforcements Limberth Pérez, Julio César “El Pungui” Suazo, Washington Hernández, Marcelo Macías, Miguel Farrera y José Carlos Días, the sampedrano club is hoping for a repeat of their championship season in 2003.

Victoria- La Jaiba is hoping on some positive results and even trying to win something. Under manager Jorge Pineda and new reinforcements Anthony Torres and Jerson Vásquez, are hoping to have an outstanding season.

Vida- This team fights to avoid regulation and over the past couple of seasons have managed to do so. Under the leadership Jairo Ríos, who even claimed that he wants Vida to play like Barcelona, and some new signings such as the legendary Eduardo Bennett, Francisco Pavón, Patricio Negreira y Carlos Salinas.

Stay tune for more updates..............

20. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Results for Clasura 2006 Joenada 1

Results

Sabado 21 de Enero

Victoria 1-2 CD Olimpia- La Ceiba, Estadio Municipal Ceibeno 7:30 pm
    Goals- Victoria- Fabio de Souza 37'
    Olimpia- Wilmer Velasquez 47'
    Wilson Palacios 67'

Domingo 22 de Enero

Universidad 0-0 Real Espana- Danli, Estadio Marcelo Tinoco 2:00 pm

Valencia 1-1 Vida - Choluteca, Estadio Fausto Flores Lago 3:00 pm
    Goals: Valencia: Javier Portillo, 74m; Vida: Leonardo Morales, 3m.

Motagua 2-0 Platense - Catacamas, Estadio Ruben Guifarro 11:00 am
    Goals: Motagua: Elvis Scott 13m y Pedro Santana 87m.

Marathon vs. Hispano- San Pedro Sula, Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano 7:30pm
    ?????????????

21. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Results for Clasura 2006 Joenada 1

I don't know about that game, checked Marathon's site and all they have is about a tied game against the U21 Seleccion on Saturday in a charity game.

www.cdmarathon.com

22. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea i know stupid prensa is soo unreliable.

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    de donde salio ese club Hispano?

quien dirije la sub21 y por que estan juntos desde ya, para los centroamericanos y del caribe?

24. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

So guatemala U 21 has been training since December

Dcatracho tough luck against Ecuador The other day

it looked like a strong Honduras squad played, minus Suazo and Nuñez

Result ECU 1 HON 0
    http://www.concacaf.com/view_article.asp?id=3300

25. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, can anybody tell me what the hell has happened to Marathon? Other than losing a bunch of their players and now going through a few coaches?

I noticed that La Prensa is now free of registration again. For a while you had to register to access it, but that's not needed anymore...www.laprensahn.com...read all about Richard Gere's trip to Copan and Las Islas de Bahia