Homeland Season 2 - Showtime

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Alberto, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    A few things:
    The suicide video was phrased in a manner that suggested Brody did not survive the attack. It was originally made for the suicide vest attempt, after all.
    In a blast as powerful as it was presented, there will always be a certain percentage of bodies which are never identified.
    If Brody was in or near his car at the time of the explosion, there would be nothing left to identify, and the CIA would at least have to consider that possibility, since someone had to move the car so close to the assembly hall.

2. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy Moly, these are amazing: Homeland Jazz Album Covers.
    Way more than this season deserves -- but in and of themselves: Outstanding.

[​IMG]

Belgian guy repped this.
  4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think the idea of having a Jewish fella being a significant part of the CIA leadership in the show was very unwise. It just proves, (to those so minded), that the 'American Empire' the terrorists are complaining about is 100%, bang-on accurate.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it was Nazir'a group that released the video?

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Some group with ties to Nazir, yes.

7. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you share some of the interesting tidbits? Because I ain't gonna listen my own self.

8. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm...

--They were much closer to killing Brody in Season 2, than Season 1 - which I found surprising.

--Only Nazir and the VP called Brody "Nicholas," building that connection between those two characters and between them and Brody.

--He contends some Blackberry's do in fact have Skype capabilities (Booo.)

--He was also surprised at what people latched on to: the Skype thing, the nobody tracking Brody's Blackberry thing or Brody walking around the VP residence. He thought there were equally implausible things in Season 1, but the those conversations didn't occur.

--I got the impression ( I could be wrong ) that Brody was innocent. He seemed to place a lot of stock in maintaining the foundation of truth between Brody and Carrie. He also spoke very clearly that he felt Brody truly loved Carrie (which was always a bit shaky for me).

--The Dana / Brody connection was intended to be explicit from the very first reunion scene--where apparently Brody is very awkward with the family until he fully embraces Dana.

-- EDIT: Oh, he also implied that Jessica actually felt jealous of Dana's relationships with Brody, as in "How is that still intact, yet he and I are so broken?" I only recall that note once when Dana and Brody were laughing in his room; I think they could have developed that more effectively without shading Jessica as unsympathetic.

--Saul being the mole seemed to be laughed off.

--Next season could veer heavily away from yet another attack on America; could be instead a study on an agent's work abroad.

--Carrie on her meds and less crazy equaled Carrie being wrong numerous times this season; the meds kind of dulled her senses and "did not allow her to access her genius."

--He implied Brody's car was on the road unattended during his whole kidnapped by Nazir episode, and that's when the explosives were planted in his car.

--Possible that Brody's family may have little to no involvement next season.

Crimson Ace and chad repped this.
  9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    That could be a great show. Not with these writers in charge though.

10. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really liked the finale, they actually surprised me with the attack. Although, my DVR showed it was going to be 2 hours so I was a little surprised when credits starting rolling.

The season had it's problems but I dont think it was nearly as bad as some posters make it out to be. It is still better than 99.9% of shows on television even in it's worst episodes.

Alberto repped this.
  11. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So my recording stopped early!!! I got as far as Brody & Carrie watching the martyr video in the forgers place. What happened after that pls?!

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Carrie sent Brody on his way to Canada, but did not accompany him.
    Carrie then returned to find Saul in a hall full of the bombing victims.
    Last image was of a smiling, relieved Saul.

malby repped this.
  13. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Thanks mate!

14. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's better than some people are saying but it's also resorted to some rather silly plot devices and some equally silly cardboard cut-out 'baddies'. Like I say, it's a TV show, not a documentary.

15. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the thing, it was better than average fare in Season 1. Now it's just another overly silly tv show.

16. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I already had serious problems with season one. Season two just went far further into silly land. But season one already had its fair share of terrible clichés.

17. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    What TV shows are you comparing it to exactly? The 5 million police procedurals? Most of those do exactly what it says on the tin and do not aspire to be serious (quality) dramas. Homeland obviously wants to be deemed as such.

18. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All TV shows. I have narrowed down to what I watch to basically shows on Showtime, FX, and AMC.

19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Justified, ... ?

20. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didnt say it was the best show on TV, I said it was better than 99.9%.

Mad Men is complete shit from what I have seen. It is the most dreadfully boring TV show I have ever watched. The entire show is based on the fact that people can smoke and drink at work. I've tried many times but I just dont get it.

21. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great--Oh, just great. Now look what you've done....

[​IMG]

Are you happy now, Felix? Proud of yourself?

Sheesh......

Dante repped this.
  22. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well played, sir.

23. ReMad