Home Opener March 15th vs. Colorado

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Empire Supporters Club, Feb 25, 2014.

1. jtrex

jtrex Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Providence
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wooooooohoo. Sam is da MAN!! He is creating every for us.

2. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Ridiculous call.

3. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soft PK called against Olave and Colorado converts. 1-1.

4. jtrex

jtrex Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Providence
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a joke

5. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Refs owe us 2 points, but we didn't end any of the halves well this game

6. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Who is this red-headed imposter in the middle of the field, and what has he done with Dax?

7. johndbenjamin

johndbenjamin Member

Feb 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    MLS Live cut out in the 95th minute and went to a truck commercial.

8. jtrex

jtrex Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Providence
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seemed fitting to me.

9. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    So Convey beat out Steele for the starting spot? Kinda surprising since Steele was Petke's boy last year and did a good job

10. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    bad call today by the ref

but a draw was a fair result. we did alright in the first few minutes. but for most of the game Colorado outplayed us. Robles had to make 3-4 good saves before we scored on our first attempt. Berner really didn't have much to do the whole game except catching crosses. we did well to intercept the ball at times but we really couldn't pass it today

11. GunningforMLS1993

Aug 28, 2013
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Not impressed with the defense. Olave and Armando just did not click for me. Would be more confident with a younger, more agile defender in there like an Aurelien Collin (minus the mad issues).

Other than that, I was happy with what I saw. As we progress this season I believe we will see a lot better performances from the players, esspecially BWP. Henry looks like he deserves an extended contract.

12. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shows what the f#ck I know.

JasonMa repped this.
  13. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That is a bull, if we could make two or three goals, every body here will been saying, yes, Olave was to strong on that play, because was a foul, maybe some referees will not whistle it, because of a penalty, but was 50-50 and the ref whistle it and, bingo.... But like I say, if we can convert one more of the so many opportunities that we have on goal, we will no talking about this bull shit.....

14. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that we should have still finished the game off, but that call is not even a questionable call

15. johndbenjamin

johndbenjamin Member

Feb 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That was a false call. If it hadn't been made we'd be talking about the team as showing grit and winning even when not playing that well. Also, Eckersley and Armando showed that they are good players and they are much better on the ball than Sekagya and Kimura respectively.

Other than the nonsense call, I'm happy with yesterday and things will only improve.

jtrex repped this.
  16. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 games played--1 point earned out of a possible 6, and that 1 point has come with the team frankly not playing well at all. It really doesn't matter whether the ref's call was correct or not, the truth remains that the team did not do enough to earn the win. They started out the game on fire and then as the game progressed they just lost all momentum. It's still pretty early in the season but it is evident that there are a lot of kinks to work out from the 2014 edition of the Red Bulls. The lack of creativity in offense is absolutely horrendous. Hopefully these things will be worked out without us giving up a lot of points. It's a long season --still many games to go.

17. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You are literally the only person, including Colorado fans, that I've seen admit that it was a penalty. It was a HORRENDOUS call.

But you're right, the team did not play well enough to deserve 3 points anyway. Our midfield play is becoming a real concern, especially guys like Dax and Cahill who have looked a step behind the rest of the game two weeks in a row now.

18. johndbenjamin

johndbenjamin Member

Feb 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What does deserve mean for many of you? The team with more goals deserves the points and we all agree that we scored more legitimate goals than the other team. Last year, New York by no means looked fluid and beautiful much of the time but we found a way to win. Yesterday, we scored a goal and were positioned to win. Sure, we could do better, but let's not be so pessimistic. Come on, let's go Red Bulls.

19. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Maybe phrasing it as "deserving to win" isn't really the right way to put it, because you're right that in the vacuum of a 90 minute game all that matters is how many went in. Its more that you can't expect to win, or even tie too many games if you only put two shots on frame... Yesterday we did well to convert one of them, but to me its an indication that something isn't quite right with the team. We've been outshot 32-19 through two games and only put 6 shots on target.

I don't think its being overly pessimistic to point out that the team hasn't looked good, we saw last season that a slow start isn't a death sentence. I'm sure Petke will steady the ship soon, but right now there's not a whole lot about the team's play to get excited about.

20. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get Steele back in for Convey and I think we will see Cahill look like a better version of what we are now seeing. Armando is the "Spanis Assasin" , man he is one tough hombre, dirty also!

21. GunningforMLS1993

Aug 28, 2013
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    That is my worry. With Olave you have him being to big and with Armando you have a dirty player... RED CARDS!

22. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    He's like Aurelien Collin, he may be an asshole but he's our asshole. As long as those yellows don't start turning to reds, I think he'll be a good player for us.

23. GunningforMLS1993

Aug 28, 2013
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    True but I just don't want to see so many potential red cards from both Olave and Armando. At least Collin and Besler complement each other perfectly. Although, perhaps I am just overthinking things again.

24. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. Home opener vs. an injured an newly coached rapids team should have been 3 points. Bogus ref calls or no.

The only thing I can take from this game is that defensively we didn't look as poor as last week. So we hope to build on that and move on.

Ugh. Terrible home opener. Ugh.

25. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could not have said it better. If he was against us I would hate him. The assasin is our true enforcer.

iced1776 repped this.