Holden out for a quick recovery: Stu at Bolton [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by irish56, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJB

SJB BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2001
    Re: Holden at Bolton: This is a Thread About Stuart Holden, Who Currently Plays Soccer (Also Known a

My problem is that the thread title is a lie. This thread is clearly NOT about "Holden at Bolton" but about the tread title for the Holden at Bolton thread.

Being a firm believer in truth in advertising (and the Easter Bunny), I demand the title be changed to reflect the topic, perhaps "Meta naming at the Reebok, with a chance of scattered Holden at Bolton" or in an unprecedented turn of events, shift its focus to the exciting reality of an American playing a vital part in the center of midfield for a Premiership team (like thats ever going to happen).

:D

Edit: Though I do like jukeboxromeo's offering.

2. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Holden at Bolton: This is a Thread About Stuart Holden, Who Currently Plays Soccer (Also Known a

Pfffft.......You brought news to this thread, I thought this thread was only about puns;)

4. petpet

petpet Member

Aug 6, 2009

i think wenger should buy holden to replace fabregas

discuss

5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia

They have Aaron Ramsey waiting for that spot and I honestly don't see fabregas leaving arsenal. Wenger doesn't want to let him go and barca doesnt have the cash

6. ussoccerFan12358

Mar 11, 2006
    Central NY

Isn't that the guy that had his leg snapped in half last year against Stoke?

Also, Barca clearly don't need to pay for his services :p

7. petpet

petpet Member

Aug 6, 2009

i wasnt serious

but on the other hand holden wouldn't try backheels right in front of his own box, but the same could be said for most central midfielders

haha

8. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

lol that backheel in front of his own box wow cesc...just when i had forgot.

oh yeah this is a holden thread..texas holden at bolton...or something of the like.

back on topic.

9. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Holden Wanderers, Sturat at Bolton

It's still Holden up: Stu's hair at Bolton.

Babyface wanderer: Holden at Bolton

Holden on by a Thread: Stu in the Rebook

and i'm out

10. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia

This needs to be the title

11. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999

Even if we forget about that backheel, Cesc still had 2 poor matches against Barca.

12. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN

Or Sir Alex ... to replace Scholes

13. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

At what point does it become Wenger's fault for starting two players who clearly were not at full fitness?

Back on topic - Stu on the ball at Bolton; Holden McGroin in the wall.

14. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Who the hell cares what the name of the thread is? Are we a bunch of 6th graders here? Just call it Holden. You guys think people would be confused by what a thread titled "Holden" would contain?

15. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA

I nominate the above as the thread title.

16. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I like it, with one minor alteration - we do cover two Holdens in YA so the title should include Stuart Holden or S. Holden or the like.

17. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

no, much wittier than 6th graders.

Lighten up Francis.

18. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN

Holden out for 6th grade. Sometimes the puns are just be-jond bad.

19. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oooohhh. Because of your terrible pun im goin to be holden onto you tjroat till you stop squirmin amd bolton before the cops show up. No stuart of the law will catch me!

20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia

Or Pep to replace Xavi.

21. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. wooglin12

wooglin12 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

http://blogs.espn.co.uk/offmic/archives/2011/03/st_andrews_day_in_birmingham.php

23. PTS21

PTS21 Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hate the Big Soccer tradition of punned titles. It would be nice if I could view this forum and see thread titles like:

Stuart Holden @ Bolton (EPL)
    Clint Dempsey @ Fulham (EPL)
    Oguchi Onyewu @ FC Twente (Holland)

The current titles distract so much especially when viewing from my phone.

24. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The puns are mostly annoying to me because debates and suggestions for what the next thread title should be inevitably comprise half the posts in a particular thread. You check in to see if there is any news on a player, and click, oh, another bit of schtick on someone's last name or hair style or whatever. If it is time for a new thread name, the mods should take a limited number of suggestions, preferably via PM and then make a decision.

25. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, we'd need either a team name or first initial because there is at least one Euan Holden thread.