Highest speed of a soccer ball?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by WayneRooneyIsFat, Jul 6, 2005.

1. miky

miky Member

Dec 24, 2003

this is that goal by sunday oliseh which eliminated spain in the wc.

go to goal of the century click and click on sunday oliseh.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/p/video.html#

2. WayneRooneyIsFat

WayneRooneyIsFat New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    NYC, NY
    Thanks -- great link. Considering it's a 96 mph shot to the upper corner, it's impressive that the keeper almost got a hand on it.

3. Jet$on

Jet$on Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Old Blighty
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    oi leave becks alone. he slipped. anyway i think he's made up for that by his recent performances.

4. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Er, I'd say : around Mach 1...

[​IMG]

:p

5. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    Does anybody have a clip of Roberto Carlos goal in the last game between Arg-Bra in WCQ.

That is the hardest shot that I've ever seen.
    It looked as if the ball just kept on speeding up as it travelled.

6. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    That's not even close to the hardest shot ever. The goalie touched the ball and almost stopped it.
    As soon as I saw that, I remember 2 shots in 1 game from Copa Libertadores that were clearly harder than that.
    One of the shots was from about 5mts outside the box, it hit the post above the goalie and it was going so hard that the goalie barely had time to put his hands up.
    The game was River-Libertad 2004

7. silver bullet

silver bullet Member

May 11, 2004
    Arie Haan's goal for Holland in the 1978 semifinals against Italy. Shot from 30 meters out. Dino Zoff - not exactly the world's worst goalie - had a clear view on the shot and still didn't have a chance. Must have been one of the hardest shots ever.

8. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
  9. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    Here's the hardest shot I've ever seen (Freekick or without the ball moving to help the player)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=26K2MQZU (You have to download it)

Look how the goalie is actually standing on the side that Roberto Carlos kicks the ball.

10. JUVENTUS_21

JUVENTUS_21 New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    04-05 inter vs reggina. Adriano hit the ball at i believe @ 144mph(the (commentator said afterwards), it hit the post though maybe thats why it wasnt documented. YOU COULD ACUALLY SEE THE POST SHAKE BACK AND FORTH!!!
    i didnt actually think it was possible to kick the ball that hard without it exploding

11. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    that sounds way too high.

12. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched a Jamaican player in last night's Gold Cup clash against Mexico take a thunderous fee kick in the face (mostly chin). He was in the wall, and was out cold before he hit the ground. The ball came so fast he couldn't even flinch. WHAM! He was twitching and the whole staff came out - smelling salts did the trick.

13. Omahacrew

Omahacrew New Member

Apr 22, 2001
    No to brag but I had one going over 80 mph....I was late for my soccer game and it was in the backseat.

14. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

OH WOW HE BURNED THAT BALL! no wonder Brazil is on top of the football world

the fastest shot ive ever experienced and seen was in this practice match with a local korean team in maryland. they had this radar and i clocked it and it read 65 mph. one guy hit the post and it sounded louder than the notre dame bell..

15. WayneRooneyIsFat

WayneRooneyIsFat New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    NYC, NY
    You sure that wasn't 144 kilometers per hour? That's about 90mph, which is more in line with what others have said.

16. girco

girco New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    São Paulo
    No, no, the Italians started using miles instead of kilometers, haven't you heard? ;)