Hey St. Louis - Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'St. Louis City SC' started by Sport Billy, May 23, 2008.

1. USSOCCER7

USSOCCER7 New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Benld
    I don't know if someone has mentioned that before but i think its a great idea. I'd also like to go the that BU game against the fire, perfect chance to get our name out there..

2. STL Faithful

STL Faithful New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Ballwin
    STL Faithful, first name is Jeff. Why I chose my username, lets see... This is the first website I've ever blogged on so I've never had a username before. I know I'm original. Oh well, born and raised in St. Louis, I grew up in F-town (Fenton). I'm very passionate about St. Louis. I love this city and would love to see us get a MLS team.

My favorite team is Manchester United!! (Awesome championship game I must add) I've been a fan of them ever since I was a youth, watching the great teams of the 90's. Giggs, Beckham, Cantona, Neville, Scholes, now Rooney & Ronaldo.

Does anybody ever get a group organized to watch any games on TV at a local pub?

3. StlSpursFan

StlSpursFan Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Da 314
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    hey real name is ben. from brentwood, represent! love football (the real one only) my clubs are tottenham, cska moscow, and the russian national team. as you can tell im a proud russian. and cant wait for our team here!:D

4. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cska fan? it says Spartak under your name ;)

careful, that mistake might get you shot

5. sirfallsalot_2000

Apr 18, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    I go by Ricky in the world. My screenname is because I am a klutz, not because I get fall-over-drunk. In fact I don't drink because is makes me too sleepy. I love Arsenal and the USMNT. I went to Parkway Central and am a Mizzou graduate. I currently live in St. Peters.

I have a 19month old son (future 10 shirt) and have a baby due in August. I am an avid sports fan, and although I watch just as much Baseball and Football (pointy ball) everyone associates me with soccer! I am also a music buff and otherwise just a jolly overweight guy.

6. Tkebh979

Tkebh979 New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Houston-ish
    Hey all - in the real world, I go by Nathan. I also respond to much more negative terms ranging from jerk to any one of the seven words you can't say on television. "Keeps" is a common name for me on the field, however. My handle is a fraternity reference.

I am a proud public school kid from south county - a graduate of Oakville and then UMR. I've posted on this forum from all over the US and parts of Europe in the last year, first because of work, second bc of grad school. I'm currently in Paris, doing a stint here in pursuit of a dual masters in mineral and petroleum econ from the Colorado School of Mines. Please, don't ask me why oil is $133/bbl... I don't know and anyone that says they do is trying to make a buck on CNN. :)

Much like other posts above me, I also tend to lurk as the points I would like to make seem to be made already. I enjoy the banter and also enjoy daydreaming about what the StL kits will look like if/when the team is procured.

As for beers, I'm partial to diversity... and concerned about a Belgian takeover of AB. I generally will take a Franziskaner Weissbier over just about anything.

7. Sir Howard

Sir Howard New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Jerseyville, IL
    I'm Sir Howard (real name, Mike).

I'm 48, which apparently makes me at least the second oldest poster to this point, and live in Jerseyville, Illinois (for the geographically unknowning, this is 20 miles north of Alton).

Fell in love with football around the ages of 6 or 7 when I saw my first match on tv (unknown if this was from the first year of what became the NASL or the broadcast of the 1966 World Cup Final), and have followed the sport ever since. A supporter of Manchester United and Bayern Munich.

First live match ever attended was the St. Louis Stars-New York Cosmos match at Busch Stadium during Pele's final season. Still amazed to have seen Pele commit a professional foul on Stars forward Denny Vanniger to prevent him from scoring on a breakaway.

Looking forward to the day when one of the six historically traditional centers of the sport in the United States FINALLY has a team in MLS.

8. Adiaga_2

Adiaga_2 Member

St. Louis City SC
    Aug 30, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Black Pearl versus the Blue Max. Classic.

9. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    I still have my ticket stub to that match. :D

10. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for some strange reason i'm hearing the theme song to Sanford and Son. :p

11. MCreek05

MCreek05 New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey everyone, my real name is Mike.

Unlike the rest of you, I have never lived in the St. Louis area. I am from Southwestern Indiana and attend the University of Southern Indiana in Evansville. Since St. Louis is the closest major city, I'll be a fan of the team when it comes. I don't really have a team now since there isn't one nearby for me to follow. I watch European soccer when its on basic cable, but don't really care about any of the teams. I've played soccer my whole life and coach it now, but I am a huge sports fan in general. Teams I follow obsessively are the Cardinals, Colts, and IU Basketball.

Oh, and I am proud to be a Hoosier.

12. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, Mike, we're always glad to welcome those from outside the area, and hopefully the team ends up with a great regional following like the Cardinals have always had.

Just to warn you, though, here in St. Louis' local slang, we use the word "Hoosier" as a semi-derogatory way to refer to urban rednecks. As in, "Check out that guy with the mullet and the Skynard t-shirt trying to race me in his beat-up Camaro. What a hoosier."

(For further reference, check out the song "Hoosier Love" by MU330. Good stuff.)

13. KeeperDad30

KeeperDad30 Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi all,

My real name is Matt. I've been in St. Louis for 10 years, came here for grad school. I'm originally from Nebraska. My screen name is a combination of the position I play, the fact that I'm a dad (2 kids) and my age when I signed up here at BigSoccer.

I'm the resident artist for Eads Brigade and also the vice-president.

I've been playing soccer in one form or another since I was 5. I support the USMNT and follow the American keepers in the EPL more than a specific team.

14. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the best set closing songs ever. The old Galaxy on Washington would go nuts when they played it.

15. MCreek05

MCreek05 New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I'm well aware, that's why I added that. Personally I like this definition that was introduced in the Senate after IU won the '87 Championship, "someone who is quick, smart, resourceful, skillful, a winner, unique, and brilliant."

16. Nerazzuri

Nerazzuri New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    St Louis
    Sadly, it looks like the St. Louis view is sweeping the interwebs ;)

from dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hoosier

Hoo·sier Pronunciation[hoo-zher] –noun
    1. a native or inhabitant of Indiana (used as a nickname).
    2. (usually lowercase) any awkward, unsophisticated person, esp. a rustic.

I actually went there because I'd never heard the definition you'd posted re: the '87 championship, and was hoping they'd have it. Instead, it looks like the content editor for dictionary.com is from our neck of the woods.

17. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as a native of Indiana myself, (Fort Wayne to be precise) but a long time resident of the st louis metro area, I have never understood this half-brained concept of Hoosier being a doragotory term.

This, along with my hatred for Imo's pizza, makes me feel more drawn to Indiana than StL, where I have spent most of my life...

*singing* "Back home again....In Indiana....."

18. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow...I'm not sure you're allowed in our supporters' section after all.

19. KeeperDad30

KeeperDad30 Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure he is. We'll accept any STL fan. I have to agree with him about Imo's though. I don't think anyone who wasn't born and raised in St. Louis likes Imo's pizza. I realize I may get flamed for that statement, but IMHO New York and/or Chicago style pizza is much better.:)

20. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006

Not when your drunk :p

21. KeeperDad30

KeeperDad30 Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now I understand why IMO's is popular here. If it is considered drunk food, it doesn't have to be good, however, isn't it a little overpriced to be drunk food?:confused:

Isn't White Castle or Taco Bell better for that?

22. bellysk8er2005

bellysk8er2005 New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    hello all the name is Mike as well(god there are too many of us) but when you guys meet me i go by shorty as well since im 4'6 tall. Dont let my height fool you though ill be one of your loudest people you have turst me ask my friends. As for the tradional STL question Oakville Sr. and proud of it. I was born and rasied here and i i have to agree with WerderBremenYankee IMO's pizza sucks can't stand the stuff. give me Chi deep dish anyday. The one St.Louis food i love though is gooey butter cake.:D Also when i hear the word hooiser i think jeffco/fox/secman area.(sorry it the oakvillian in me)

23. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get drunk but I still love it. To me it's no big deal if someone doesn't like Imo's though.

24. TomEaton

TomEaton Member

Mar 5, 2000
    Champaign, IL
    My real name is...er, Tom Eaton. I'm 39 and live in Champaign, Illinois with my wife and two daughters. My wife is from rural St. Clair county and my in-laws still live there so we're around the Metro-East quite a bit.

While the Collinsville stadium site may not be the most convenient to the Missouri residents it's about the best I could have personally asked for. Some of my in-laws are involved in youth soccer and are excited about the prospect of a St. Louis professional team, especially one in the Metro-East. I'm hoping that when the team comes we can make regular outings to the games. It will make visits to the in-laws a lot more fun.

25. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blasphemous, all you Imo's haters, simply blasphemous.